What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Brown

Haffa

This kind of mentality and management is what kills clubs and renders them to perpetual mediocrity. Stability at coaching and management level is paramount. For mine barring a catastrophe of epic proportions Brown has another year to see what he can do. Mind you we havent finished with this one yet.
There is every chance we finish in the same position we were last season with a better squad. That’s not a pass for me and it stuns me it is for anyone else. Why does that deserve another year?!

Swarzey

Bench
Demetriou is ready for first grade. Say whatever you want about Bennett, but there isn't a better coach to learn under as an assistant. No need to look any further than Bellamy to see that.

Knight Vision

First Grade
There is every chance we finish in the same position we were last season with a better squad. That’s not a pass for me and it stuns me it is for anyone else. Why does that deserve another year?!
why? see above. perpetual mediocrity is all that is to be gained by joining the coaching merry-go -round.

Spot On

Coach
So, if we miss finals this year you are happy for Brown to stay for 2020.

And if we miss the 8 next year??? Will that mean we can join the coaching merry-go round again?

That will give Brown 5 years to make the 8 (assuming we miss this year).

Knight Vision

First Grade
So, if we miss finals this year you are happy for Brown to stay for 2020.

And if we miss the 8 next year??? Will that mean we can join the coaching merry-go round again?

That will give Brown 5 years to make the 8 (assuming we miss this year).

Yes I'm happy for him to stay. I dont count much before this year, we were literally the joke of the NRL. The worst team of the modern era and a basket case, a decimated salary cap. Jesus himself wouldnt have give results with the squad we had.

I do count this year though and there are a few questions that need to be asked should we miss the 8- no doubt.

Next year if it is the same then obviously we should consider moving in (yet another) a different direction.

Not quite sure whats happened this year......I suspect a bit of both of some players not putting in and constant selection changes ( particularly around the spine ) that have not helped.

I'm hopeful that the recruitment of Braiylie as hooker will rectify half our main dilemma and let's hope Brown can get a 5/8 to the club or I feel more of the same is on its way.

Half our spine is top 8 and the other half of the spine is bottom 4 - that puts us about where we are on the table "at the minute"

TooheysNew

Coach
Yes I'm happy for him to stay. I dont count much before this year, we were literally the joke of the NRL. The worst team of the modern era and a basket case, a decimated salary cap. Jesus himself wouldnt have give results with the squad we had.

I do count this year though and there are a few questions that need to be asked should we miss the 8- no doubt.

Next year if it is the same then obviously we should consider moving in (yet another) a different direction.

Not quite sure whats happened this year......I suspect a bit of both of some players not putting in and constant selection changes ( particularly around the spine ) that have not helped.

I'm hopeful that the recruitment of Braiylie as hooker will rectify half our main dilemma and let's hope Brown can get a 5/8 to the club or I feel more of the same is on its way.

Half our spine is top 8 and the other half of the spine is bottom 4 - that puts us about where we are on the table "at the minute"
Yep. Exactly this.

Also, sack Mann and Gavet.

Haffa

You're not presenting solutions.
A change in coach is the solution. Interview candidates and hire the best one based on a criteria senior management come up with. Like most successful organisations do. Browns a nice guy but why does he deserve another year? What’s his plan to improve things? Drop a few players and still lose by 30?

I don’t accept 3 spoons should buy you TWO free years.

What are your solutions? Give him another year just because he’s a nice guy?

Both of your solutions have been full of “i’m Hopefulls” and “lets ignore this because”

mozza91

Coach
Brown has had a blessed run. He’s now got his team and has failed.

People talk about Bennett ruining the club. The team at the end of 2014 was a better side than the one we have now.

We’ve gotta be looking for another coach after what we dished up yesterday with the season all but on the line.

Spot On

Coach
The 'solution' for many who have now changed their minds about Brown is crystal clear.

How can anyone still be confused or in wonder over what the 'solution' is.

But when the opening post is '...' well, one shouldn't expect a great deal of comprehension from some.

Here's a solution ... get an 80 min hooker and a decent 5/8. That is a start. Going into Brown's 5th year in 2020 and I doubt many would have confidence Brailey will kick on at our club or play the minutes he should with the history we have under Brown with dummy halves.

Last edited:

TooheysNew

Coach
The 'solution' for many who have now changed their minds about Brown is crystal clear.

How anyone can still be confused or in wonder over what the 'solution' is mind boggling.

But when the opening post is '...' well, one shouldn't expect a great deal of comprehension from some.
Don't get all upset - your dribble got the response it deserved. No need to try to be snarky.

My opinion is quite simple. He's not the problem, and there are zero better options that don't come with another couple of years of mediocrity anyway.

Swarzey

Bench
We signed Watson to play 6. Brown had two off seasons to turn him into a solid, reliable 6. Before Watson, we had Lamb and Cogger and while Lamb might not have kicked on at the Roosters, Cogger is showing himself to be at the very least serviceable at the Bulldogs in a poor team. Brown has had Levi for how many years? The entirety of his tenure here? And he has failed to develop him into an 80 minute hooker. We signed Woolford last year, who showed a wealth of talent at the Bulldogs but where is he now? Undeveloped and discarded.

So many conveniently write players off as duds but at what point do you turn around and place blame on the coach for failing to develop players? And if you're one of those who don't think its his job to develop players, then when do you blame him for failing to surround himself with the assistant coaches and staff in order to do so?

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm not sure he is the problem.

But I don't think he is the solution.
Exactly right. I think he's done a reasonable job to build the roster that he's built but whether he's capable of actually achieving the desired results with that roster is debatable. At the end of the day Browny might just be a poor man's Brian Smith

Spot On

Coach
Don't get all upset - your dribble got the response it deserved. No need to try to be snarky.

Geezuz... how f**king far up yourself are ya Coby.

Your opening post is the dribble.

You are a very strange little man.

Spot On

Coach
My opinion is quite simple. He's not the problem, and there are zero better options that don't come with another couple of years of mediocrity anyway.

Please tell the rugby league public what the problem is.