What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Brown

Knight76

Juniors
“At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter who you play against, where you play against them at, you know you’re going to get a tough game in the NRL,” he said.

“That’s one thing I think we’ve been pretty strong at over the years, but the last couple of weeks I’m starting to doubt that this group has got that. And we better find that or I’ll be finding some new players.

Melbourne coach after losing an away game by 2 points! Still entrenched in the top 4 after the loss, no signs of them leaving the top 4, and is giving them a spray.

Newcastle accept mediocrity way too easily. Now we don't have the talent of the Storm. But we do have some pretty good cattle playing for us now.

Brown should at the very least, be able to get them prepared for a game and ready to play, up for it, He should be able to get them playing to a game plan and running set plays etc.

I honestly could not tell you one positive difference Brown has made to the way the Knights play since he arrived.

Haffa

Don't get all upset - your dribble got the response it deserved. No need to try to be snarky.

My opinion is quite simple. He's not the problem, and there are zero better options that don't come with another couple of years of mediocrity anyway.
You’re not presenting solutions.

Spot On

Coach
Melbourne coach after losing an away game by 2 points! Still entrenched in the top 4 after the loss, no signs of them leaving the top 4, and is giving them a spray.

Newcastle accept mediocrity way too easily. Now we don't have the talent of the Storm. But we do have some pretty good cattle playing for us now.

Brown should at the very least, be able to get them prepared for a game and ready to play, up for it, He should be able to get them playing to a game plan and running set plays etc.

I honestly could not tell you one positive difference Brown has made to the way the Knights play since he arrived.

Very well said.

Yosh

Coach
Just listening to the Matty Johns Podcast, Cam Smith talks about Melbourne's infamous preseason training under Bellemy. What is ours like unde Brown? Anyone know?

We started the season like crap. Surely that's a sign our preseason sux. Also we seem to do well the first 30 or 40 minutes then crap the bed. A conditioning problem?

There is definitely something wrong and it's the coach's job to fix it but seems Brown has no answers.

Spot On

Coach
I'd like to know what some in the forum believe Brown is responsible for.

Reading through here it seems his role is to

and not much else.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I doubt many would have confidence Brailey will kick on at our club or play the minutes he should with the history we have under Brown with dummy halves.
The guy was recruiting stop gap measures. A young fella named Levi that struggles to play 80 min and the way he wants him to play, and no money to buy a decent 9 to replace him. We finally have the money and he finally got one in Brailey . Now lets see how it goes.

His history with hookers has been turning a few game NRL player into a NZ rep and a Storm bench player into a NZ rep. Not too bad.

Spot On

Coach
Is that Levi you are talking about?

He can't make the Knights first grade team or play a full game. And we can't off load him.

Brown wanted to replace that NZ hooker with the utility back, Kurt Mann.

Last edited:

Haffa

Is that Levi you are talking about?

He can't make the Knights first grade team or play a full game. And we can't off load him.

Brown wanted to replace that NZ hooker with the urility back, Kurt Mann.
I think it’s Slade and he’s never going to play FG again.

Spot On

Coach
Some people keep referring to Levi being turned into a NZ rep.

We don't play him or want him though.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Let's turn this around.

Other than recruitment, what has Brown done well?
so far ? Nothing.....our position on the ladder at the moment is an indication of a poor season..

The season isnt over yet though and I would give him another season before pulling the trigger on a different direction.

The negatives outway the positives at this stage -

• A new coach is going to gut the playing group which will mean more seasons as also rans until "his systems" are implemented and he has "his " roster..
  • It presents more instability as a club. Some key players signed on because of Brown.....
  • The other point is what good coaching alternative is available ? I dont see too many coaches on the market that excite me. Flanagan perhaps?

Knight Vision

First Grade
The juicy tidbit is the report Ramien was turning up late to training - if true why wasnt he dropped ? If true it hints at lack of discipline and a weak culture.

Cant imagine anyone turning up late to Storm training without there being repercussions- being dropped. It would send a very poor message to the playing group. If true.