What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Stuart or lose our team!

carcharias

Immortal
Have you ever talked football with him? I guess not. But don't let that stop you from making uninformed comments Carcharias.

woop de doo

what did you say to him...."where to Mr Warren''?

He knows a lot about footy, so he should.

Glenn A baker knows a lot about music....doesn't make him Motzart.

Oh really.

We've scored 5 tries in 3 games.

Actually 4 in 3 games whilst he's been on the field.

That's dominating?

We're in form?

Drawing a long bow here I am afraid. Barrett cannot be held accountable for crap backs that can't hold the ball or don't have any pace. He has created space on quite a few occassions, thrown passes that should have led to breaks or even tries, but our inept backline farks it up every time.

You may not likenthe guy, but seriously if he was playing like he is with most other sides he would have laid on many more tries.

I dont mind the guy, but I wouldn't describe myself as a Barrett lover. I am just calling it at I see it.

He is not the problem.

Drawing a long bow here I am afraid. Barrett cannot be held accountable for crap backs that can't hold the ball or don't have any pace. He has created space on quite a few occassions, thrown passes that should have led to breaks or even tries, but our inept backline farks it up every time.

You may not likenthe guy, but seriously if he was playing like he is with most other sides he would have laid on many more tries.

I dont mind the guy, but I wouldn't describe myself as a Barrett lover. I am just calling it at I see it.

He is not the problem.

I don't dislike the guy.

I just don't think he's the mesiah many here picture him to be.

Andrew Johns didn't always have great backline players around him but he still got them over stripe.

And I don't think he's the form 5/8.

Sutton for one is definately in front of him.

Just calling it as I see it.

Only comment I would make to that is evry backline Johns had around him had plenty on how our blokes are playing. they should all be playing lower grades on performances so far. 2 to 5 are utter crap at the moment

redback

Bench
Well so far he is the form NSW 5/8 & doing great for only 3 games back in the NRL.

I hope his injury isnt bad because our future is farked if we lose him. Do you disagree with statement Redback? We are f**ked if we lose him through injury?

As I said, he is an above average player Blacktip, and you are right in that above average players are missed. Injuries or not, we have a good side on paper. The problem is Stuart not Barrett!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
So to the 2 wrist slit brothers DS & Redback, do you think that our season will be totally farked if Barrett is out the for the season, which looks like being the case?

redback

Bench
woop de doo

what did you say to him...."where to Mr Warren''?

He knows a lot about footy, so he should.

Glenn A baker knows a lot about music....doesn't make him Motzart.

So what, you know nothing about football, yet it doesn't make you Colin Best!!!!

redback

Bench
So to the 2 wrist slit brothers DS & Redback, do you think that our season will be totally farked if Barrett is out the for the season, which looks like being the case?

Unfortunately it already was Blacktip. Barrett would probably been the difference between us ending up 10th-12th instead of 13th-16th.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Unfortunately it already was Blacktip. Barrett would probably been the difference between us ending up 10th-12th instead of 13th-16th.

So you would think the Sharks would have come down in the betting considerably if you were correct at about 10-12th , but they havent. Still right up there. So you are saying you know more than the bookies?

FTR we got 9.5 start yesterday at 1.80 after shopping around. Most were 8.5 at 1.70

Those starts were the biggest start given to any side this year.

redback

Bench
So you would think the Sharks would have come down in the betting considerably if you were correct at about 10-12th , but they havent. Still right up there. So you are saying you know more than the bookies?

FTR we got 9.5 start yesterday at 1.80 after shopping around. Most were 8.5 at 1.70

Those starts were the biggest start given to any side this year.

Bookies odds are based on the amount of investment Blacktip. I suggest that the market is stagnet as not alot of money has been invested in NRL futures. Match betting is what it's all about.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Bookies odds are based on the amount of investment Blacktip. I suggest that the market is stagnet as not alot of money has been invested in NRL futures. Match betting is what it's all about.

Odds come before investment. Tuesday this week the Sharks were at 8.5 start & that is where they finished.

They are still favoured for a top 4 finish, which makes your 10-12th prediction idiotic.

Eion

First Grade
Would all of the "Sack Stuart" brigade please put their nuts on the line and recommend who the replacement should be, and where on earth we find the money to pay both him and sticky?

It'll cost a fortune, send us broke and we'll end up with a worse coach, but other than that it's a great idea...

redback

Bench
Odds come before investment. Tuesday this week the Sharks were at 8.5 start & that is where they finished.

They are still favoured for a top 4 finish, which makes your 10-12th
prediction idiotic.

Of course the original odds come before investment. Although where they end is based on investment. You are right, the bookies had the Sharks to finish top 4 and they still are there, because of the fact that not much money has gone on futures' betting. I guess they made their assesment based on the players we have on our roster. They probably fell for Stuarts "our attack has improved" line as well, and since when have the bookies been always right??

Are you suggesting that they can win the comp?

redback

Bench
Would all of the "Sack Stuart" brigade please put their nuts on the line and recommend who the replacement should be, and where on earth we find the money to pay both him and sticky?

It'll cost a fortune, send us broke and we'll end up with a worse coach, but other than that it's a great idea...

Anyone could do a better job than Stuart, and most for a pittance.

Eion

First Grade
Anyone could do a better job than Stuart, and most for a pittance.
Like Chris Anderson or Stuart Raper, after finishing equal first last year? Sorry redback, you've joined gus gould on the credibility scale of 0.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Stuart didn't make Greg Bird lose the plot
Ditto cause Kearney to get injured Rd 1
Nor Seymour's little escapade
Barrett's injury
He got you to equal first last year
I think that he's a bit precious and one-eyed but he is good for your club; frankly so is Tony Zappia
Your buying in the off season was among the best in the competition
All isn't lost for the Sharks
But I hope we kick your butts when the Dragons play you at Toyota later in the season will all fit and well

spider

Coach
geez redback - did ricky steal your woman earlier in your life times?

the facts (got that word from reef) are pretty clear - crowds and performance have both improved since his arrival

and im sure he isn't sitting back not scratcing his head for answers on the attack

team is disrupted through injuries, its only early rounds with a long way to go in the season

lets cross our fingers, and toes, and arms - lets cross everything that barrett returns or we are royally screwed for 09