What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints Photos Thread

Willow

Assistant Moderator
steveb69 said:
to bomb the shire.. wouldnt be a good move
lol... yes mate. Very insightful. The fact that some people are still taking it seriously is funny enough.

steveb69

Juniors
Willow said:
lol... yes mate. Very insightful. The fact that some people are still taking it seriously is funny enough.

lol, my bad.. although i will forever pick up on little stuff such as that, untill the premiership is cronulla's.
this year !! w00t
steve.

Godz Illa

Coach
Too good not to post:

benhornby.jpg

Quigs

Immortal
0-top5.jpg

Okay Willow, Preacher and all other old scalley dragon supporters who still have their memory intact. I need to pick your brains.... (willow - grab it for the site if you want )

I had this pic of Poppa Clay sent to me today... it is from aSaints game against Western Australia - played in the late 50's. Can you name the other players. Ive cropped and blown up their heads ( being a sharks supporter that thought sounds good)

I am punting on Gourley and a young Changa - what do you reckon.? Haven't a clue on blondie
p-stg-wa.jpg

p-stg-wa-a.jpg
p-stg-wa-b.jpg

Look forward to hearing from you blokes....

(played before a record crowd too)

Cheers
Quigs

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Looks like they're playing on a cow paddock.

Left shot is definitely Graeme Langlands, no doubt about it. And it possibly Robin Gourley is behind him. That would make the photo 1963 or later.

The fella with the ball is a little harder to pick.

The Preacher

First Grade
G'day Quiggs,
Chang and Gourley didn't start at Saints until '63, so the photo must be between then and '67 when Poppa finished.
I've just looked through a few pictures and I'm not sure about that photo being R.Gourley, though I can't say either way at this stage.
I'll keep looking and thinking though Quig's.
By the way Quigs, will you be venturing down during the season ?? I have a couple of books for you to use on "The Era" and they're a bit heavy to post.
Will chat soon, meanwhile I'll keep searching and make a couple of calls to see what I can find out about the pic.
Cheers,
Preacher

The Preacher

First Grade
Willow, Quigs,

Just spoke to Geoff Carr and he took me into the records room and told me to go for my life (reading) with the old programms.
I was looking at one from '63 and inside it said that Saints toured northern NSW and played against Wauhope/Port Mac. There was a bloke in the side called Kevin McDonald, and I had a look at the Jubilee Ave players since '21 link and this fella doesn't look unlike the guy in the photo from Quigs. He played '62/63 and was in the '62 GF team.
The Mrs. is giving the picture to the NSWRL historian tomorrow to see what he can come up with. I'll let you know what info I get from him. :)

Quigs

Immortal
The Preacher said:
Willow, Quigs,

Just spoke to Geoff Carr and he took me into the records room and told me to go for my life (reading) with the old programms.
I was looking at one from '63 and inside it said that Saints toured northern NSW and played against Wauhope/Port Mac. There was a bloke in the side called Kevin McDonald, and I had a look at the Jubilee Ave players since '21 link and this fella doesn't look unlike the guy in the photo from Quigs. He played '62/63 and was in the '62 GF team.
The Mrs. is giving the picture to the NSWRL historian tomorrow to see what he can come up with. I'll let you know what info I get from him. :)

0-top5.jpg

Thanks old mate.... look forward to hearing back.

Cheers
Quigs

Willow

Assistant Moderator
As Preacher said, here's a little pic I have of Kevin McDonald (from a team photo):

McDonald, Kevin
1962_mcdonald_1.jpg

1962-63, 6 games.
17g (34pts)

Fullback. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[SIZE=-1]Played in 1962 Grand Final win, kicking three goals.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Compared to Quig's photo:

p-stg-wa-b.jpg

Godz Illa

Coach
Taken yesterday on my camera phone. Captures the sun setting on a victorious Jubilee afternoon. I fancy myself... as a photographer.

jub010707Photo-0167.jpg

Dave Q

Coach
I fancy you as a photograapher as well.

I'm very good at capturing the back of people's heads.

Latest posts