What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2024

Tigerm

Coach
Galvin is still a baby. Can you imagine how good this lad will be with 50 NRL games under his belt.
In a way, I feel he is more important to the future of this club than Luai.
We must keep this guy for 2 more contacts eg 10yrs.
He's also potentially a future lock when he fills out do playing him at ½ doesn't make sense for me.
Next year
½ Luai
⅝ Galvin
C Olam
C Lomax
W Staines/To'a
Lobb/To'a
Bula
I know some don't like Lomax but you have to look at combinations and flexibility.
Olam and Lomax, wow!
Lomax can play every position on the field if necessary except dummy half and middle.
A centre should be able at the drop, cover fullback, wings, ⅝, lock etc.
Having said that I think the club is wanting Feledy to keep improving to be Olam's partner next year.
Will be interesting how Naden goes when he gets his shot, both him and Olam terrorising the opposition backs should be fantastic to watch.
But I do think we need a GK, can’t expect Api to do everything.
Maybe Lobb will get a shot, but hard atm, with both wingers going great.

Tigerm

Coach
Will be interesting how Naden goes when he gets his shot, both him and Olam terrorising the opposition backs should be fantastic to watch.
I don’t know the reason, but the Storm getting rid of Olam is strange, but great for us.

Nutz

Bench
Mate sezer kicks in the 80% range.
I agree with Nado but he's not a marquee centre. However with Galvin out there he just might have a good year partnering Olam.
It's amazing how much a difference a couple of new players and a new culture can make.
What's you take on Faataape? Solid performer?

Tigerm

Coach
Mate sezer kicks in the 80% range.
I agree with Nado but he's not a marquee centre. However with Galvin out there he just might have a good year partnering Olam.
It's amazing how much a difference a couple of new players and a new culture can make.
What's you take on Faataape? Solid performer?
Yeah, he is, but I do think Naden is a step up, with experience alone, but I would like to see how Naden does perform, before we banish Faataape.
It’s so good to have depth, keeps everyone on their toes.

Nutz

Bench
Yeah, he is, but I do think Naden is a step up, with experience alone, but I would like to see how Naden does perform, before we banish Faataape.
It’s so good to have depth, keeps everyone on their toes.
So true, Nado said yesterday he's 3-4 rds underdone which is about right.

Tigerm

Coach
NBWT
Latu Fainu, Lachlan Galvin, Tallyn Da Silva and Kit Laulilii all played school footy together at 13/14yo.

All four now set to have made their NRL debut for WT at 18yo, in the space of 14 games.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Galvin is still a baby. Can you imagine how good this lad will be with 50 NRL games under his belt.
In a way, I feel he is more important to the future of this club than Luai.
We must keep this guy for 2 more contacts eg 10yrs.
He's also potentially a future lock when he fills out do playing him at ½ doesn't make sense for me.
Next year
½ Luai
⅝ Galvin
C Olam
C Lomax
W Staines/To'a
Lobb/To'a
Bula
I know some don't like Lomax but you have to look at combinations and flexibility.
Olam and Lomax, wow!
Lomax can play every position on the field if necessary except dummy half and middle.
A centre should be able at the drop, cover fullback, wings, ⅝, lock etc.
Having said that I think the club is wanting Feledy to keep improving to be Olam's partner next year.
B surprised if lomax hasn’t done a mega deal with the rorters.The repugnant rorters wouldve convened a board meeting for early this morning re pulling out all stops to sign Galvin.Watch Isaac the Kant Moses start creating turmoil re Galvins current contract with us.

Nutz

Bench
B surprised if lomax hasn’t done a mega deal with the rorters.The repugnant rorters wouldve convened a board meeting for early this morning re pulling out all stops to sign Galvin.Watch Isaac the Kant Moses start creating turmoil re Galvins current contract with us.
Hasn't Suaalii renigged with union?
Then again there was rumour that Manu was going. Arrggghhh the sombrero gets bigger.

Tigerm

Coach
Wasn’t there a couple of request for a release by Galvin’s camp a year or so ago, but was turned down by the club?

Tigerm

Coach
Who was the main instigator to extend/sign Lachlan? Wasn't it Sheens?
Not sure, but it was in his tenure.
My memory is not that great, but I seem to remember, something about they believed he (or his manager) should have been on the same Money as TDS, who got upgraded, when he went into the top 30?
Galvin hadn’t been upgraded at that time.
All settled now though, and he extended 3 years.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Not sure, but it was in his tenure.
My memory is not that great, but I seem to remember, something about they believed he (or his manager) should have been on the same Money as TDS, who got upgraded, when he went into the top 30?
Galvin hadn’t been upgraded at that time.
All settled now though, and he extended 3 years.
It was Alex Conti whose manager wanted the same as TDS

Nutz

Bench
Suaali hasn’t reneged & wont b reneging on a powerball equivalent contract.Also rumours are Manu is going to French rugby
Goes to show I have selective reading Ted :)
Is the Manu deal done? Not that I care it's just
that after releasing Manu and Suaali they'll have cap space to raid us...is that a fair assumption?
Also Ted, do you know much about an ex Balmain junior named Max Jorgensen.
He was courted by the roosters.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Goes to show I have selective reading Ted :)
Is the Manu deal done? Not that I care it's just
that after releasing Manu and Suaali they'll have cap space to raid us...is that a fair assumption?
Also Ted, do you know much about an ex Balmain junior named Max Jorgensen.
He was courted by the roosters.
Not sure whether Manu has done a deal yet.Max Jorgensen went to st joeys a union school & has been an elite junior in the Waratahs pathways system.Dont know if he played league in the Balmain juniors.With Richo at the helm & the players taking to Benji im confident we won’t lose anyone we want to retain.However there’s no doubt the lowlife vultures especially the rorters would b targeting all of our elite kids in the wests junior rep teams.