What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Final week 1 Vs Manly

Kev07

Juniors
Play him at fullback. He'll have very little defence to worry about. If the 1 gets caught 1 on 1 they get beat by a draw and pass anyways.
Didn't watch the Cup highlights vs Warriors?
As last line of defence needs to improve in that area at fullback and/or five-eight and I'm sure he will given time to bulk up in the off season.
No doubt he's a talent.

OldPanther

Coach
Didn't watch the Cup highlights vs Warriors?
As last line of defence needs to improve in that area at fullback and/or five-eight and I'm sure he will given time to bulk up in the off season.
No doubt he's a talent.

I didn't watch the highlights before reading your comment. I'd still risk it. Better than Whare at fullback. DWZ would be a good choice as well.

Kev07

Juniors
I didn't watch the highlights before reading your comment. I'd still risk it. Better than Whare at fullback. DWZ would be a good choice as well.
His stats vs Warriors last week
Great attacking numbers BUT defensively is poor.
18 tackles
7 missed tackles
3 ineffective tackles
1 try cause
In my opinion definitely needs work on that part of his game...not ready to step up yet
Screenshot_20170906-051821.jpg

Doddsy6988

Juniors
It's all good
DYLAN will play :)
He won't be missing his first finals appearance - and if he plays - we win :)

His stats vs Warriors last week
Great attacking numbers BUT defensively is poor.
18 tackles
7 missed tackles
3 ineffective tackles
1 try cause
In my opinion definitely needs work on that part of his game...not ready to step up yet
View attachment 15223
ts all good

tripster

Juniors
Play him at fullback. He'll have very little defence to worry about. If the 1 gets caught 1 on 1 they get beat by a draw and pass anyways.

These days, when the try line is being attacked, the fullback defends in the line with the rest of the team to create an additional defender - so the fullback needs to be a decent tackler in their own right. It isn't the case anymore of them only making the occasional 1 on 1 tackle after a line break.

OldPanther

Coach
These days, when the try line is being attacked, the fullback defends in the line with the rest of the team to create an additional defender - so the fullback needs to be a decent tackler in their own right. It isn't the case anymore of them only making the occasional 1 on 1 tackle after a line break.

I know. I'm sure he can handle that at a minimum. Most halves are rubbish defenders anyway.

OldPanther

Coach
True although Im doubtful he'd be given much of a kicking role in his debut. Probably only if Cleary was caught out of position.

I agree though the coaching staff should be looking at options with Moylan and Edwards out Cleary is the only one who can do anything really.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
19 minutes in on the Gus podcast and he starts saying exactly what I said the other night.

We've been playing semi final intensity footy for the past couple of months and when we saw Cowboys lose we basically put our feet up.Manly were playing for their season too.

The finals will be completely different.

Panther Pete

Juniors
19 minutes in on the Gus podcast and he starts saying exactly what I said the other night.

We've been playing semi final intensity footy for the past couple of months and when we saw Cowboys lose we basically put our feet up.Manly were playing for their season too.

I guess we will know about 9.30 Saturday night if this was case or its Gus putting his spin on things.

OldPanther

Coach

I really hope this was the case.