What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Final week 1 Vs Manly

mxlegend99

Referee
This was a great listen. Although it made it essy to see why Gus wont get rid of Hook. He doesnt think a new coach would be better. Just different.

He can be hard to trust at times. But i felt more confident in Moylan staying after this too. Kent and Rothfield are trying to make more of this. But I think Gus has said it enough times that he's not just doing damage control.

If it turned out to be lies... well f**k that gives him no credibility ever again.

Its hard to get back up after copping the brute force belting

I expect about 15 minutes of life from the riff then becoming a flat rudderless mess to be snuffed out

TheFrog

Coach
Its hard to get back up after copping the brute force belting

I expect about 15 minutes of life from the riff then becoming a flat rudderless mess to be snuffed out
Your inane dribblings would be much better deposited in the game day forum or the Manly forum. It is considered poor form to come into a team forum and post drebbage such as the above.

And on another note, in the useless information department, the Panthers were eliminated in Week 1 of the finals on their first ever appearance in 1985, but not once since. Nor have we played Manly in a finals match, apart from the playoff for 5th in 1985.

Last edited:
Your inane dribblings would be much better deposited in the game day forum or the Manly forum. It is considered poor form to come into a team forum and post drebbage such as the above.

And on another note, in the useless information department, the Panthers were eliminated in Week 1 of the finals on their first ever appearance in 1985, but not once since. Nor have we played Manly in a finals match, apart from the playoff for 5th in 1985.
Didn't realize sorry, just read through the expectations and i guess tried to temper them

Adios and good luck

That's an interesting stat, I'll give you an equally interesting stat

Manly's decade spaced oddity

1987 gf win over raiders

1997 gf loss to steroid cheats (the NRLs go to feel good moment)

2007 gf loss to salary cap cheats

2017 ?????

mxlegend99

Referee
Didn't realize sorry, just read through the expectations and i guess tried to temper them

Adios and good luck

That's an interesting stat, I'll give you an equally interesting stat

Manly's decade spaced oddity

1987 gf win over raiders

1997 gf loss to steroid cheats (the NRLs go to feel good moment)

2007 gf loss to salary cap cheats

2017 ?????
So you lost grand finals 10 and 20 years ago? Don't worry. You wont lose one this year. You wont make it that far.

Blues Riff

Bench
Won one 30 years ago too

Legitimately my first memory was spending the first half in my bedroom for being a merkin of a child
One of my dark secrets is that I was also a Manly fan at the time. I was a school kid and they were the best team. They beat Parra right?
Anyway I soon came to realise where I lived. This is before any Premierships. I had a brown and white jersey in the days no-one else did.
Anyway , as stated above, post your trash talk in the game day forum. Your team are the justifiable favourites for this game, but you're wrong about teams not firing after a flogging. It's been happening all season.
Lastly, I know the Walker/revenge angle is media fed dribble, but little Dyl was visibly rattled when questioned lol.

OldPanther

Coach
I put an A.I Vs A.I on hardest difficulty game on RLL4 with Panthers Vs Manly exact rosters at Allianz stadium. We won by a Tyrone May field goal in the 75th minute. It's a good sign haha!

TheFrog

Coach
One of my dark secrets is that I was also a Manly fan at the time.
Although a Panther supporter from 1967, I tried to support Newtown as a pact with my best mate from school, after they ran last around '68. It didn't last long. I went to a game at Penrith between the two sides, and just could not root for Newtown against the Panthers. Certainly I was on them in '73 and '81 when they had big years, but never against the Panthers.

It's been happening all season.
And much longer that that of course. 2009 St George-Parra comes to mind.

I was able to find 3 instances in the past 15 years or so of the same teams meeting in the last round and then the following week in a final, including 2009 Dragons-Eels. Two of them had the results reversed second meeting. The one that didn't was Cowboys-Dogs, both matches in Townsville, 2007 I think.

Last edited:

martielang

Bench
Be interesting to see if Manly get in our faces again. We seem to struggle when that's the case.

I think we've got to up short balls between forwards or at least hit forwards a bit wider & try & limit the one out stuff. Would be a great game to have Latu available IMO. Kicking early is probably another thing we need to do more of but at the same time we probably don't want to give TT too much ball with room to move.

f**k this negative shit from people, i think we have every chance of winning this. We actually have something to play for this week, & we're on a neutral ground.

One of my dark secrets is that I was also a Manly fan at the time. I was a school kid and they were the best team. They beat Parra right?
Anyway I soon came to realise where I lived. This is before any Premierships. I had a brown and white jersey in the days no-one else did.
Anyway , as stated above, post your trash talk in the game day forum. Your team are the justifiable favourites for this game, but you're wrong about teams not firing after a flogging. It's been happening all season.
Lastly, I know the Walker/revenge angle is media fed dribble, but little Dyl was visibly rattled when questioned lol.
I've worn a Penrith jersey once,during juniors, a rival half within my regular competition was our halfback, myself wearing 16 ended up as starting prop, injuries had ravaged the whole competition that year i must have been 12 choice or so

Anyway that little twerp copped a swinging arm 2 minutes in, i hated the little prick..... anyway for that day he was my team mate, i belted 7 shades of shit out of a Parramatta rep player and ended up with 10 weeks on the sideline after being sent off from my own district of Penrith, however i ended up with a lifelong best mate, the little merkin

Port Panther

Juniors
if you want a good laugh go to you tube and watch u20s segs playing for cowboys vs manly front roweer 1on 1 .

hindy111

Post Whore
My side....
1DWZ
2Blake
3Whare
4Peach
5Mansour
6Wallace
7Cleary
8 Tamou
9 Katoa
10 Merrin
11 Yeo
12 Cartwright
13 JFH

14 RGC
15 May
16 CNN
17 Kikau/Brown

Wallace in halves for some stability. He is a little slow from hooker. May and cleary is suicide. Two rookies. Cartwright MUST start to gice some attack.
May can come on for either Katoa or Wallace and do some swapping around.
Id squeeze as many mins as I could from Merrin,JFH,Tamou,RGC.... Brown or Kikau 20mins max.

Yeo and Cartwright can just about play 80 but if needed CNN can have 30mins

hindy111

Post Whore
Katoa can also have 15 mins at lock if need be to give may more game time.
No reason Katoa cant play 30m at hooker with May the rest and get 15 from Katoa at lock.

OldPanther

Coach
My side....
1DWZ
2Blake
3Whare
4Peach
5Mansour
6Wallace
7Cleary
8 Tamou
9 Katoa
10 Merrin
11 Yeo
12 Cartwright
13 JFH

14 RGC
15 May
16 CNN
17 Kikau/Brown

Wallace in halves for some stability. He is a little slow from hooker. May and cleary is suicide. Two rookies. Cartwright MUST start to gice some attack.
May can come on for either Katoa or Wallace and do some swapping around.
Id squeeze as many mins as I could from Merrin,JFH,Tamou,RGC.... Brown or Kikau 20mins max.

Yeo and Cartwright can just about play 80 but if needed CNN can have 30mins

*RCG, CHN.

betcats

Referee
Cleary and May are our best options atm. Our issues weren't the halves last week, we were way to flat . Manlys jamming defence completely stifled our attack and we had no plan B. We just didn't turn up last week and got owned through the middle, the halves had no platform to work with and again, when we are standing so flat against a team jamming up and in like Manly did and we aren't bending the line back we are f**ked. We don't have any plan B and there is no one out there willing to try something different without Moylan and Carty playing in his shell. We absolutely need momentum to be going our way to score points, we have zero ability to break down set defences, especially so without Moylan. It has been the case all season.

Last edited:

Latest posts