What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Final week 1 Vs Manly

franklin2323

Immortal
I will thanks for that info. What do you think this means for Griffin? I was convinced he had already been given an extension up until this week? But Gus is taking over it doesn't seem like he's happy with Griffins coaching.

He needs an assistant if he stays regardless. Depends on how much of the Moylan stuff is BS and if Others want out

OldPanther

Coach
Panthers v Manly
7.40pm Saturday @ Allianz Stadium

20. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Tyrone PEACHEY
1. Dean WHARE
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Tyrone MAY
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. James TAMOU
9. Peter WALLACE (c)
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
12. Isaah YEO
13. Trent MERRIN

14. Sione KATOA
15. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
17. James FISHER-HARRIS
18. Moses LEOTA
19. Viliame KIKAU
21. Jarome LUAI

mxlegend99

Referee
Updated team. Blake and Browne out.

Edwards has been moved to fullback.
Whare at centre.
Leota is on the bench.

Luai and Kikau a chance still.

martielang

Bench
Gus has been involved with training at times all year. Why wouldn't a coach use him or Brandy?

I don't see it as a weakness at all, probably a good thing that a coach's ego doesn't get in the way.

betcats

Referee
Gus has been involved with training at times all year. Why wouldn't a coach use him or Brandy?

I don't see it as a weakness at all, probably a good thing that a coach's ego doesn't get in the way.

Again, I am not sure what is true and what isn't but if he did take the spine last week and change the structure and way we play as it was reported then that is a lot more than "getting involved", that is taking over completely.

If you need Gus to come in and run training sessions that is not a strength. Every team has assistants like Brandy, that is no issue for me at all. You can spin that as much as you want but if it is happening as its been reported and as a couple of people on here have posted on these forums then it is Gus doing Hooks job for him. I cant think of any good reasons that Gus would need to do that and I'd be very surprised if there were many coaches in the NRL that wouldn't be pissed off with their GM coming in making changes and running training sessions in the finals and round 26.