What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Finals 2022

Cat 6 now or go home, IT loves his sparky, cannot do it without him.
I was doing cat7 over 20 years ago mate. It's all a fallacy. The old coaxial in the 80's was just as quick, if not quicker, just too big and expensive. 32 years ago I would say to the engineers (whilst I was till an apprenti) 'why the f**k dont they just put in fibre optic the whole way??? Copper is in no way faster than the speed of light'
They had no answer for me, I'd say "yeah, you make more money by changing the cabling system every few years, and telling the customers that this is the better system, and you need it to keep up with the time"
What a load of horse dung, in 1989 I ran cat 3 along side 11,000volts for 500m at Lithgow mines, and guess what? It worked fine.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Mate I only work in fibre, MTUs and colours. But that is datacentre.

My access switches once down to the desk can only do 1GB each port, Cat6 is enough. in the datacentre all fibre and beautiful colour.

Like I know mathematically that and Air Craft Carrier can float, a steel aeroplane can fly, how they sent voyger that far and how I can send mountains of data down a colour on a piece of glass, still fargs me up if I think to hard about it.

I just do what I do, I can make a colour move data.

Mate I only work in fibre, MTUs and colours. But that is datacentre.

My access switches once down to the desk can only do 1GB each port, Cat6 is enough. in the datacentre all fibre and beautiful colour.

Like I know mathematically that and Air Craft Carrier can float, a steel aeroplane can fly, how they sent voyger that far and how I can send mountains of data down a colour on a piece of glass, still fargs me up if I think to hard about it.

I just do what I do, I can make a colour move data.
I got caught up when I saw the RU cabinets, it took me to a place I've long forgotten about haha. I didn't even get into how I had to solder D25's 15's and 9's! with telephone cable!
In the 90's they made it so easy that anyone could do it, I remember teaching a fella who'd only made pizzas all his life the ins and outs within a few weeks.
I gave sparkying and trades etc up a while back, but the knowledge never leaves. I get at least one phone call a week still from old colleagues and others on shyte they've never had to deal with, I try and talk them through it, or send them vids and/or photos on how to rectify the problem.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Blayke, please, pull out every trick.

Every prop, they run at Blayke, can any of you just belt one????????

There is nothing more obvious they run straight at him, come in from the side and kiss him goodnight.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I got caught up when I saw the RU cabinets, it took me to a place I've long forgotten about haha. I didn't even get into how I had to solder D25's 15's and 9's! with telephone cable!
In the 90's they made it so easy that anyone could do it, I remember teaching a fella who'd only made pizzas all his life the ins and outs within a few weeks.
I gave sparkying and trades etc up a while back, but the knowledge never leaves. I get at least one phone call a week still from old colleagues and others on shyte they've never had to deal with, I try and talk them through it, or send them vids and/or photos on how to rectify the problem.
Sparky is still my best friend cannot do my thing without one. I go into datacentres today where they weigh you when you go in and out, to ensure you took nothing...Hand scanner etc..

My daughter said at the time, you best not come home with one hand Dad, so my daughter. I could come home one hand missing and be in trouble.

Not my data, I just make it move.

So train track works all weekend.
Get your buses booked!
What type of government plans track works during football finals time?
A really, really dumb government, that's who.

And before anyone asks, yes these are planned track works not emergency ones.

Quigs

Immortal
The West is the best
The West is the best
Get here and we'll do the rest
The blue bus is calling us
The blue bus is calling us
Driver, where are you taking us?

Craigshark

First Grade
So train track works all weekend.
Get your buses booked!
What type of government plans track works during football finals time?
A really, really dumb government, that's who.

And before anyone asks, yes these are planned track works not emergency ones.

yeah pretty shit. Have the club mentioned anything about buses? The game is sold out

shadowboxer

First Grade
Club has their bus thing going - I’m at something else in the city and likely travelling via train to wolli creek then going the airport line down to circular quay.
Hell of a trip to get to Moore Park

yeah pretty shit. Have the club mentioned anything about buses? The game is sold out
The NRL is putting buses on from either Shark Park or Sutho station. From 4.30pm to 6pm, and the trip back, all free. You have to register though.
Here's the link for it.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Well you could, they are not cheap, more for an enterpise network, more than 10,000 employees.

To simplify, what once took 30 phyical servers (compute and ram) with TBs of fibre strorage, contected across 4 different 42RU data racks (6 foot). Now fits in half a rack, also 1/2 the power consumption.

Can add to it anytime, a full rack of VXrails, equally to what 10 years ago 10 racks doing the same.

I still want my flying cars, but the punks did well here, bang for buck, more compute, and more disk, cheaper and more energy efficient.

Cannot PM so here we are.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Like really.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Jeez, are they ever not doing track work or am I just extremely unlucky and only taking the train when they are doing it

Jeez, are they ever not doing track work or am I just extremely unlucky and only taking the train when they are doing it
These track works are planned well in advance, from memory over a year-18 months. They know exactly when the footy finals are on and yet still booked in to do between Sydenham and Central at this time.
I was going to get one of these buses to the ground but I think I'll just do the same as whats been said, go from Wolli Creek and the airport line on to Central.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Sing it with me..

$ouff$ sold out

Bought by a silver Spooner and a Kiwi.

$ouff$ sold out.

Repeat add a riff...

Sellouts!!!!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Manly is owned by a douchebag, some things make happy.

He has been douchbagging, and it is great.

BWNB

First Grade
Seems like the sharks rabbits game is selling well with only restricted view tickets left. Which makes me wonder how restricted are those seats