What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shame on you Roosters

Tom Shines

First Grade
m0j0 said:
Geez, Wheelsy. You must've been the only Bunnies fan in existence not at the game tonight. Looked like a big turnout from Chooks fans too (won't stop the idiots from b!tching however).
In my defense, I did finish work at 5:00, thus not allowing me to attend the game. And really after that performance, I'm glad I didn't go.
It's alright, we'll win our next four now...

Rabbitohs2005 said:
lucky you, the bitch hates me... wheres the gold works for me.

where's the gold is the only machine in the club that is guarenteed occupied when i walk in :(

they had an old school one similiar to where's the gold that pays out like you wouldn't believe then they got rid of it for another sh*tty mr cashman :(

haha turn this into the official poker machine thread :crazy:

Tom Shines

First Grade
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
where's the gold is the only machine in the club that is guarenteed occupied when i walk in :(

they had an old school one similiar to where's the gold that pays out like you wouldn't believe then they got rid of it for another sh*tty mr cashman :(

haha turn this into the official poker machine thread :crazy:

Super Bucks is good as well.

m0j0

Bench
Wheelsy said:
In my defense, I did finish work at 5:00, thus not allowing me to attend the game. And really after that performance, I'm glad I didn't go.
It's alright, we'll win our next four now...

Mate, you don't have to defend yourself. I was actually commenting on how good the turnout was - for both sides. I'd been planning on going to this game since Round 1, but the unexpected $400 emergency plumbing bill mid-week really hit the finances bad at the wrong time, and after reviewing the bank account this morning, I decided I really shouldn't be blowing my grocery money at the footy.

It's a shame. Was proud of the boys to get up, despite the efforts of the ref.

m0j0

Bench
I've got a question for you, Ink - did the Tigers play any Monday night footy this year? Don't stress yourself, I'll answer it for you. I believe the Tigers played two home games and one away on a Monday night. Now given this, how come the following has been on the Balmain Leagues Club website all season:
http://www.tigers.org.au/Leagues_club/html/Ent_Football.html said:
Get to TIGERS every Monday the only place to watch Monday Night Footy.
Enjoy Members Special prices on Cascade Light
- Schooners for only $2.20 -
and from 6.30pm every Monday night review the round, have some fun with mates and win prizes with Steve ‘Blocker’ Roach and Andrew Moore’s Monday Night Jibber

Now, if I read that with the same bias that you have interpreted the Easts Leagues Club info, then I can determine that they are telling me that, even if the Tigers are playing a home game on a Monday night, the "only place to watch Monday Night Footy" is at the Tigers Leagues Club. What's the f^cking difference? I'll be interested to hear your spin on this.

innsaneink

Referee
LOL...Balmain Leagues struggles for every cent it gets.

The PL team is merged. BRET/Balmain promote Balmain mainly...Wests Tigers promote Wests Tigers. Quite simple really.

Wests Tigers on the other hand promoted their home Mon nite games this year, didnt bother too much with the interstate one, they rarely do.
http://www.weststigers.com.au/NewsArticle.aspx?NewsId=652
FANS ASKED TO GET TO LEICHHARDT OVAL EARLY Wests Tigers advise supporters to get to Leichhardt Oval early tonight for the big clash against the North Queensland Cowboys.

With kick-off at 7pm, supporters are encouraged to arrive as early as possible to avoid traffic congestion and ticket collection queues.

Wests Tigers captain Brett Hodgson plays his 200th first grade game tonight. The match also marks the return from injury of Hodgson and Benji Marshall.

Gates open at 4.45pm with Premier League between Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers and Newtown Jets starting at 4.50pm.

Tickets are still available from Wests Tigers headquarters at Concord Oval, Wests Ashfield, Wests Leagues Club Campbelltown, Balmain Leagues Club, and at Leichhardt Oval tonight.

Please note tickets are not available through Ticketek.

Wests Tigers will pay tribute to the memory of the late Laurie Nichols tonight from 6.30pm with a host of on-field entertainment planned.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/NewsArticle.aspx?NewsId=385
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTY AT LEICHHARDT OVAL Monday Night Football heads to historic Leichhardt Oval on July 30 for the clash between Wests Tigers and North Queensland Cowboys.

The round 20 match kicks off at 7pm. Tickets go on sale on Monday, July 16.

It will be the third Monday night football game for Wests Tigers this season. The first will be played on Monday, June 4 against Parramatta at Telstra Stadium.

Wests Tigers play Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium on Monday, June 25.
http://www.weststigers.com.au/NewsArticle.aspx?NewsId=390
WESTS TIGERS KEEN TO RE-WRITE HISTORY AGAINST EELS By Wayne Cousins
Wests Tigers Media Officer

Wests Tigers will be looking to re-write the history books against Parramatta Eels at Telstra Stadium on Monday, June 4.

The two clubs have clashed 15 times with Parramatta holding a 10-4 win record. One match was drawn.

At Telstra Stadium, Parramatta holds a 3-0 win record.

Re-writing chapters is not new to the Wests Tigers after overcoming history to win in Auckland and Penrith in the past fortnight.

Earlier this season, Wests Tigers lost 22-20 to Parramatta in golden point in a game they were unlucky not to win.

A big crowd is expected at Telstra Stadiumwith Wests Tigers hoping to break the Monday Night Football crowd record for 2007 of 24,127, set in round one for the clash between the Roosters and the Rabbitohs......etc etc

Next...

m0j0

Bench
Nice of you to put a Benji side-step on it.

The Balmain Leagues Club stated that the club was the "only place" to watch Monday night footy, not at the ground or anywhere else, and this was for home games. The point you were contesting was that Easts Leagues Club was advertising the same for this away game. So, Balmain Leagues are allowed to try and get customers in the door, even if it means taking them away from the ground at a home game, but Easts Leagues have absolutely no right to try and get their own customers in to watch an away game?

If you're happy with that double standard, then I'll leave this debate alone, but surely even you can see the issue I have with your bitching and moaning on this one.

innsaneink

Referee
Balmain is not Wests Tigers

No difference to West Ryde Bowling club doing the same.

Two completely different entities.

I just showed you WTs promoting their Mon games....show me the Roosters advising where and when to buy tix, to get there early...etc etc.

Yes, announce your departure....code for "I'm outta here= I got nothin"

innsaneink

Referee
m0j0 said:
I've got a question for you, Ink - did the Tigers play any Monday night footy this year? Don't stress yourself, I'll answer it for you. I believe the Tigers played two home games and one away on a Monday night. Now given this, how come the following has been on the Balmain Leagues Club website all season:

Originally Posted by http://www.tigers.org.au/Leagues_club/html/Ent_Football.html
Get to TIGERS every Monday the only place to watch Monday Night Footy.
Enjoy Members Special prices on Cascade Light
- Schooners for only $2.20 -
and from 6.30pm every Monday night review the round, have some fun with mates and win prizes with Steve ‘Blocker’ Roach and Andrew Moore’s Monday Night Jibber

Now, if I read that with the same bias that you have interpreted the Easts Leagues Club info, then I can determine that they are telling me that, even if the Tigers are playing a home game on a Monday night, the "only place to watch Monday Night Footy" is at the Tigers Leagues Club. What's the f^cking difference? I'll be interested to hear your spin on this.
You conveniently left this part out for some reason.....:-k[-X
Final 2007 Monday Night Game
Dragons v Eels WIN Stadium 27/08/07

m0j0

Bench
innsaneink said:
You conveniently left this part out for some reason.....:-k[-X

Dude, the first part of that page is the same every week. It's the second part (the part you are referring to) that changes each week due to the game being different every week - surely you can work that out...

m0j0

Bench
innsaneink said:
Balmain is not Wests Tigers

No difference to West Ryde Bowling club doing the same.

Two completely different entities.

I just showed you WTs promoting their Mon games....show me the Roosters advising where and when to buy tix, to get there early...etc etc.

Yes, announce your departure....code for "I'm outta here= I got nothin"

Yes, and the Kro Bar is at Easts Leagues Club, not at the SFS. You may think this is completely different, but let's break it down to it's simplest form:

- Balmain Leagues Club (yes, I know it's not Wests Tigers) have advertised to get people into the club to watch footy (btw, don't get hung up on the Monday night thing - I was only using that as an example).

- Eastern Suburbs Leagues Club (also, not Sydney Roosters) have advertised to get people into the club to watch footy.

Looks very much the same to me. The only difference I see is that the advertising was done via the Roosters website, but it's still just an ad to get people through the door.

Now, the examples you showed of WTs promoting their games was of home games, but I did see examples of promotion for away games also - to their credit. If you really want examples of similar Roosters promotion (I would have thought you'd have this in your Roosters fan mail archives):

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/news.php?ArticleID=2478
The easiest way to get to Parramatta Stadium this Saturday night when the Roosters take on the Eels is on the club’s supporters bus, only $10 for Tricolour Members and $15 for Non-Members.
Tickets for the bus and the game can be purchased at Sydney Gameday, Bondi Junction Mall. If you can’t make it in before Saturday, simply call Roosters Marketing on (02) 9386 3222 to reserve your seat.
The bus will depart Easts Leagues Club at 3:30pm sharp.
The Roosters are ready to make it back to back wins against the Eels and we want you there to support the players.
Remember seats are limited, so purchase your ticket or reserve your seat now, on the Rooster’s supporter bus from Sydney Gameday!

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/news.php?ArticleID=2462
‘Reclaim the Stadium’ this Wednesday
Monday, April 23, 2007

The traditional Anzac Day clash against the Dragons starts with an emotional tribute to our Anzac heroes on what is a special day of the rugby league calendar.
Gates open at 12:45pm with future Rooster stars of the Harold Matthews Under 16 team taking on Western Sydney in the curtain raiser to the big game.
The pre match tribute commences with the SkyNet Worldwide Express Cheersquad performing, followed by the red beret’s parachuting into the Stadium.
The Anzac Day Cup will then arrive in a Black Hawk Chopper, landing on the field, along with a serviceman’s parade that will involve a marching band and mounted police.
The national anthem will be followed by a moving Anzac Day tribute with The Ode, Reville & Last Post that will also include an FA 18 Handling display above Aussie Stadium.
Eight fans will be selected to participate in the Samsung Fun Ball Relay at half time, with the winners taking home a Samsung K3 MP3 player. One fan will also win a Samsung 66cm R7 High Definition LCD TV in the half time ‘Spot a Fan’ competition.
Below is all the information you need to get to the game:
TICKETS
Sydney Gameday is the cheapest place in Sydney to buy your tickets with no Ticketek booking fees charged. The shop will be open from 12-2:30pm with supporters who purchase their tickets there also receiving 20% off all Roosters Jerseys and 100 Year Flags.
This offer is not available with other membership offers.
Alternatively, tickets can be purchased online from Ticketek by clicking here.
TRANSPORT
Easts Leagues Club will run free buses from 12:45pm every half an hour to Aussie Stadium until 3pm. Buses will then transport supporters back to the club at the conclusion of the game.
Eastgate Shopping Centre’s Carpark will be open for fans to gain cheap parking and take advantage of the free bus shuttle service to and from the game.

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/news.php?ArticleID=2719
This Sunday is Family Day
Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The club wants to take advantage of this Sunday’s game to get as many young Roosters fans out to the Sydney Football Stadium who haven’t been able to attend our many night games this season.
With face painters, a jumping castle, balloons and plenty more fun and exciting activities, this Sunday (4 August) afternoon’s clash with the Warriors is shaping as a real Family Day for Roosters fans.
With four straight wins on the line against the Warriors and only 1 more home game against the Panthers (Saturday August 25), there has never been a better time to take advantage of the club’s Family 2 Game Packs.
Families can purchase a 2 Game Pack for only $100, that’s a saving of $36 for a family of four. Alternatively you can purchase individual Adult 2 Game Packs for only $35, a saving of $21.
Get the family dressed up in their Roosters gear this Sunday afternoon and head out to the Sydney Football Stadium for a big day of rugby league action with your Roosters shooting for four straight.

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/news.php?ArticleID=2558
Roosters v Cowboys – this Saturday night
Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Roosters take on the Cowboys this Saturday night at Aussie Stadium.

In the absence of Origin stars Minichiello, Anasta and Myles, the Roosters will be fielding a team of young guns mixed in with the experience of Craig Fitzgibbon, Craig Wing, Danny Nutley and Joel Monaghan.

20 year old Danny Williams will be making his NRL debut, alongside other Roosters young guns Mitch Pearce, Mitchell Aubusson, Shaun Kenny-Dowall and Setaimata Sa.

With the Cowboys struggling to score points without their superstar half back and QLD representative player, Thurston, this is a game where the Roosters young guns can stamp their intentions with a strong performance.

Below is all the information you need to get to the game:

TICKETS

Sydney Gameday is the cheapest place in Sydney to buy your tickets with no Ticketek booking fees charged. Located in Bondi Junction Mall, Sydney Gameday is open from 10am to 5pm.

Alternatively, tickets can be purchased online from Ticketek by clicking here.

TRANSPORT

Easts Leagues Club will run the Jim Beam Express free shuttle bus to Aussie Stadium every half an hour from 5.15pm until kick off. Buses will then transport supporters back to the club at the conclusion of the game.

Eastgate Shopping Centre’s Carpark will be open for fans to gain cheap parking and take advantage of the free bus shuttle service to and from the game.

I still don't really understand your gripe. Heaven forbid our Leagues Club would want to take advantage of a rugby league game to bring revenue into the club.

m0j0

Bench
innsaneink said:
Still waiting....

Ive shown you Wests Tigers promos for our Mon niters.

Sorry to make you wait so long. Obviously I don't spend enough time during the season bookmarking all my links to use in forum debates at a later date.

m0j0

Bench
innsaneink said:
LOL...you look like you do OK

Nah. As the saying goes - Google is my friend.

So are my examples satisfactory? Can we put an end to the argument that the Roosters do nothing to promote attendance to games?

Fairfax

Juniors
Besides, i've taken my family to Easts v Souths games and the drunken toothless rabble are foul mouthed and violent. To see what these people have been saying in response to Fa'alogo's king hit is typical. The bloke gets binned and the give him a standing ovation... Why would you want your family exposed to that sort of nonsense?

Southernsaint

Staff member
Why should Easts promote an opposing team's home game for no monetary reward of their own??

You're clutching at straws...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Fairfax said:
Besides, i've taken my family to Easts v Souths games and the drunken toothless rabble are foul mouthed and violent. To see what these people have been saying in response to Fa'alogo's king hit is typical. The bloke gets binned and the give him a standing ovation... Why would you want your family exposed to that sort of nonsense?

are you suggedting that Roosters fans wouldn't do the same???..this is tribalisim at it's best, every clubs supporters would do the same, rightly or wrongly.

Latest posts