What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks can be back in the hunt!

bobmar28

Bench
This thread has completely moved away from the topic at hand.. it suddenly became the anti-CCBears, Titans-name-sucks, why australian teams don't use australian animals as emblems thread. lol And none of it helps the Sharks in any way.

I don't know about that. Sharks would have to be the best name.

Sharks and eels are Australian animals.

bobmar28

Bench
why do they have to blatantly nick other seppo teams mascots???

fuggen hell.. we a gazillion different options right here in Australia and the best the can come up with is the Titans???

I would have voted for Titans if I had been living on the Gold Coast. It was the name chosen by the teams supporters. Dolphins was the best option but Redcliffe wouldn't allow it.

I don't know about that. Sharks would have to be the best name.

Sharks and eels are Australian animals.

You find Sharks and Eels everywhere in the world. They are not "Australia" specific animals. Sharks actually migrate around joint. Eel are common in almost all continents.

Same applies to Broncos, Rabbits, Roosters, Bulldogs.. while Bears, Tigers, Panthers are predator animals from other continents and perhaps only the Sea-Eagles are a true Australian animal as we have native sea eagles all around the waterways and coastlines around Australia.

The unofficial nicknames for State of Origin, Canetoads & Cockroaches also falls into this.

On a side note the Bears got their name from a local grocery which sponsored North Sydney in the early 50's though ironically our first logo resembled a wombat more than a Bear, hence we were known unofficially as the wombats for a short time and finding a jersey with the "wombat" logo can be considered a treasured collectors prize for people who collect jerseys or emblems.

Last edited:

gregstar

Referee
we also shouldn't rule out aussie words.

the parramatta you beaudies.

the melbourne twinkies.

the cronulla dungas

the souths bludgers.

the canterbury wankas.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

the melbourne twinkies.

the cronulla dungas

the souths bludgers.

the canterbury wankas.
I thought they were already called the Canterbury Wankas.

Big Mick

Referee
Cronulla Fraudulant cheques

Doesn't really flow.

Cronulla Insurance Scam

nah.

Sydney City Rooters

Sydney City Panther-Bulldogs

bobmar28

Bench

the melbourne twinkies.

the cronulla dungas

the souths bludgers.

the canterbury wankas.
The other names are funny but I can't cop wankas. That sounds like an insult.

carcharias

Immortal
This thread has completely moved away from the topic at hand.. it suddenly became the anti-CCBears, Titans-name-sucks, why australian teams don't use australian animals as emblems thread. lol And none of it helps the Sharks in any way.

points out what sh*t idea it is to transplant an extinct nrl team into an area the deserves it's own team with it's own relevant mascot.

Last time I was in Woy Woy I failed to see any Grizzly bears lurking around.

_MayMoo 2

Juniors
points out what sh*t idea it is to transplant an extinct nrl team into an area the deserves it's own team with it's own relevant mascot.

Last time I was in Cronulla, I didn't see any Sharks. Saw a lot of Dragons though.

You sound like Peter Peters. How is it a sh*t idea ? Please be specific. Explain to me why it doesn't make sense to use the Bears heritage (which will add the many thousands of Bears fans to the fan base - Has the support of Gallop - and has been respobsible for the majority of funding so far) to the bid.

Let's see the Bears who have community support, over 3200 financial members, majors sponsors, local sponsors... Or the sharks with bugger all money, bugger all support, bugger all sponsors...

Just shows what a sh*t idea it is to have a broke ass team in the comp with bugger all support.

carcharias

Immortal
Doesn't take a genius to figure out that a brand new CC team would be more welcome than some old Northsyd team that whored itself out to Manly and then got thrown to the gutter.

I have seen Sharks in the waters off Cronulla many times.

Seen a lot of Dragons fans hanging around the shire.
I drove over one of their flags the dirty fuggers left on the road yesterday.

macavity

Referee
The Gold Coast Zippers.

How'd I go?
Akron%20Zips.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akron_Zips

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that a brand new CC team would be more welcome than some old Northsyd team that whored itself out to Manly and then got thrown to the gutter.

I have seen Sharks in the waters off Cronulla many times.

Seen a lot of Dragons fans hanging around the shire.
I drove over one of their flags the dirty fuggers left on the road yesterday.

You're by yourself then buddy because judging by how successful the membership drives have been on the coast, you're opinion means donkeys arse because the locals are throwing their time and hard earned at this bid. So stick that up where the sun don't shine and continue being the obvious loser which you are.

Latest posts