What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Price Resign

Should Price Resign

• Total voters

lol@souths

Juniors
Possm, this poll is a little old now dating back to 2/6, some may have changed their stance with our fine finish to the season.

I'm all for a difference of opinion.

Members may have a variety of reasons for not voting and that's fine with me.

I've never accused anyone of being a relative or troll.

The thrust of my post/thread is 'should Price resign' - the idea of him resigning should be seen as an avenue for a dignified exit rather than anything else. My view is that the longer he stays on the more hostile the fans/members will become and the more scarred his reputation will be. Just look at how many members have formed a different opinion on Price since mid last year.

My reason for creating this thread is to hopefully test the membership's view on this subject and as it appears, the majority of members who have voted believe he should resign.

If a member provides a compelling argument against my opinion, I am always happy to change my stance and have done so many times in the past.

I hope I have never criticized any member for holding a view contrary to mine. If I have it was either unintentional or a regretable mistake and I give my oppologies if this is the case.

Without debating the "hows" or arguing scemantics, i accept possm's point - that the Dragons cannot move forward whilst Steve Price remains as coach.

Hence the pole.

There is mounting opinion that the poor seasons results two years in row, assuming he is mostly the cause of that, but also the effects of other influences such as slow progression planning and action in recruitment and/or the effectiveness of the "organic growth" policy over the last 2+ years, as well as declining revenue streams and high operating costs, is leading the Dragons down the driveway and on to financial struggle street.

Of course, after the success of the preceding 3 years, it would be reasonable to expect the business to be on a high.

Gomarchin

Juniors
At the end of the day Price has had two years as head coach to show us what he can/can't do. Isn't that enought time?

As far as I'm concerned the team has gone backwards in every single department. There is not one positive that I can see in Price's reign as head coach. Can someone name one positive or provide any hope for 2014?

New recruits in 2014 will not make a difference. Have any of our players improved under Price in the last two years?

tumbidragon

First Grade
At the end of the day Price has had two years as head coach to show us what he can/can't do. Isn't that enought time?

As far as I'm concerned the team has gone backwards in every single department. There is not one positive that I can see in Price's reign as head coach. Can someone name one positive or provide any hope for 2014?

New recruits in 2014 will not make a difference. Have any of our players improved under Price in the last two years?
Well, the complete incompetence of Price has led to a f**k off funny series of drawings by Muzby in the Cave :D

blacksafake

First Grade

Hard to argue against this.

Back Door Man

First Grade
Next year Price has no excuses, not that our squad is oozing with talent but it will be better than this year .Forwards win you big matches lets see if we have the pack to match the top 5 this year.

possm

Coach
Next year Price has no excuses, not that our squad is oozing with talent but it will be better than this year .Forwards win you big matches lets see if we have the pack to match the top 5 this year.

On a few occasions this season, the forwards did match the opposition and actually got on top. So this being the case, I don't believe it is the cattle; it's more likely to be the preparation and planning.

For 2014 we have some new recruits and some players coming back from long term injuries. We hope that the availability of these players will make a difference however, if the squad is not prepared well and the game plan is not sound then the results in 2014 will be similar to 2013. I see this as one of the main reason why Price should go. I believe Price's resignation would be the cleanest and most amicable way for both the Club and for Price.

Last edited:

BrissyRedV

Bench
On a few occasions this season, the forwards did match the opposition and actually got on top. So this being the case, I don't believe it is the cattle; it's more likely to be the preparation and planning.

For 2014 we have some new recruits and some players coming back from long term injuries. We hope that the availability of these players will make a difference however, if the squad is not prepared well and the game plan is not sound then the results in 2014 will be similar to 2013. I see this as one of the main reason why Price should go. I believe Price's resignation would be the cleanest and most amicable way for both the Club and for Price.

Our forwards were ok. And the team did have a lot of time with quality ball in the opposition 20s but without halves to execute, they were always destined to fail. Next year there is definately no excuses, and if we are shit I will be one of the first calling for Prices head.

bottle

Coach
Price isn't going to resign even if 100% of the people who have responded to this 'poll' say that, in their opinion, he should.

Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news.

jenninga

First Grade

Take out CherryEvans or Lyon from Manly and they are half the side ,Thurston from NQ,Inglis for Souffs and they will not be as affective.
Who did we have in the halves all year ,of course the cattle had something to do with us losing games we could have snatched.
I would rather Price was replaced,however recruiting was vital and seeing that Price will be coach and we will have options in the halves and hopefully see good results next year.
Have you ever tried driving a car that has no gears,it's how we have been this year without a 6 and 7.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Have you ever tried driving a car that has no gears,it's how we have been this year without a 6 and 7.

But doesn't this come back to poor planning and recruitment from Price/Doust and Young?

K Stanley suffered the end of season injury prior to Xmas last year so they knew we had no half for 2013. Let's cross our fingers.

There were rumblings about Soward and Price getting on so what happens half way through the year? Soward gets shafted and we lose our ONLY effective kicking weapon. Dumb.

Where was the foresight? Why didn't Price demand from Doust that they recruit a half back? Please don't tell me Price was banking on an under 20's recruit to step up or that Fein was the answer. We all knew Fein wasnt the answer after 2 games. Inept.

Rob Dragon

Juniors
Now I understand why Price won't be sacked. We are broke! No money, skint baby. We cannot afford to payout the incompetent fool so we are stuck with him for at least another 12 months. What this club needs is a private owner. Interesting isn't it that 3 of the final 4 teams are privately owned (let's not pretend that Nick Politis does not own Easts). The sooner a private investor or consortium takes over the better. Such a consortium might even be tempted to make some changes at the CEO level and the recruitment management level.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Soward ended up being the clubs top points scorer in 2013. Wow, what round did he leave the dragons again?Thats an embarassing stat.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Soward ended up being the clubs top points scorer in 2013. Wow, what round did he leave the dragons again?Thats an embarassing stat.

Geez didnt realise that,speaks volumes,the spat between Price and Soward had been going since Bennett was there ,imo he couldnt get Soward to toe the line because Soward obviously didnt agree with the path the team were heading down so as a distraction Price sacks him but makes it look like Soward was in agreeance,looks like Soward was right and Price was way off,and the sacking didnt give Price the cred he was looking for just confirmed hes a bigger dickhead than we first thought,its gonna be a long 2014.

BennyV

Referee
Geez didnt realise that,speaks volumes,the spat between Price and Soward had been going since Bennett was there ,imo he couldnt get Soward to toe the line because Soward obviously didnt agree with the path the team were heading down so as a distraction Price sacks him but makes it look like Soward was in agreeance,looks like Soward was right and Price was way off,and the sacking didnt give Price the cred he was looking for just confirmed hes a bigger dickhead than we first thought,its gonna be a long 2014.

Rubbish! Loved Sowie and I'm not at all an advocate of Price, but there's no doubt that Sowie acted like a spoilt brat while Price was in charge simply because Price was Bennett's waterboy, and Jamie Soward doesn't take orders from someone unless they have the character to back it up.

They were both at fault, but ultimately Soward was being paid to follow Prices instructions and he didn't. So over idiots making Sowie out to be an angel just to get at Price...

watatank

Coach
Soward doesn't run to the line because he's taking a stand... :lol::lol: Anything to bag Price I guess...

dragonreddy

Juniors
Rubbish! Loved Sowie and I'm not at all an advocate of Price, but there's no doubt that Sowie acted like a spoilt brat while Price was in charge simply because Price was Bennett's waterboy, and Jamie Soward doesn't take orders from someone unless they have the character to back it up.

They were both at fault, but ultimately Soward was being paid to follow Prices instructions and he didn't. So over idiots making Sowie out to be an angel just to get at Price...

Would you call me an idiot face to face .... Idoubt it so dont do it on here just because you dont agree with someones point of view ,hero.

Latest posts