What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Price Resign

Should Price Resign

• Total voters

Smurf

Juniors
Should Price Resign - Yes
Will Price Resign - No
Check Mate
Over to you Mr Doust and Board

TruSaint

Referee
The arguments over Jamie will not be ever resolved, as none of us (unless mistaken ) know the real truth.
What i will remember, as i do with all those who wear the Red V, is what i witnessed.

Soward 2007-2011

120 appearances
35 Tries
358/487 goals
20 FG
878 points
Wins 71
Loss 48
Draws 1
Premiership ring.

He's off the Penriff now, so any debate as to the whys and hows are obsolete.

jubbsy

Juniors
Rubbish! Loved Sowie and I'm not at all an advocate of Price, but there's no doubt that Sowie acted like a spoilt brat while Price was in charge simply because Price was Bennett's waterboy, and Jamie Soward doesn't take orders from someone unless they have the character to back it up.

They were both at fault, but ultimately Soward was being paid to follow Prices instructions and he didn't. So over idiots making Sowie out to be an angel just to get at Price...

Soward was like a cancer causing all sorts of problems.

Gazzaw

Juniors
Nothing result wise changed with Soward gone. Move on guys. Find a coach instead of the Morris minor we have at the moment

BennyV

Referee
Would you call me an idiot face to face .... Idoubt it so dont do it on here just because you dont agree with someones point of view ,hero.

Dude, if we were talking and you made an idiotic statement, I would! But chances are well never talk face to face, so its moot.

Chill, its a forum!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Would you call me an idiot face to face .... Idoubt it so dont do it on here just because you dont agree with someones point of view ,hero.
Would someone call you an idiot to your face? Most people don't take forum discussion that seriously.

But maybe we should test it on a new poll.

Question: What would dragonreddy do if you called him an idiot to his face?

1. Laugh it off and buy you a beer.
2. Laugh it off then ask you to buy him a beer.
3. Go the Adelaide.

I always go for one of the beer options, but 3. has some merit.

Como Connection

First Grade
I voted yes but if I was in his shoes I wouldn't resign. Pay him out and be done with it.
Well I voted no for the same reason "pay him out and be done with it", why should he forego his wage, Dragons signed him to a two year contract, not Price's fault.
Would like to see Tony Smith there, bit worried about Millward hanging around with the Cutters.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The Soward incident is when Price should have made a statement. Releasing him was too much of a soft option. Letting him go was dumb. If the club dug their heels in he would have made an effort to finish the season strongly. If not Price would have justified his decision. We will never know I suppose.

interested to see how Soward goes next season. Gould must rate him and so did Bennett. Pretty good critics to me.

jenninga

First Grade
The Soward incident is when Price should have made a statement. Releasing him was too much of a soft option. Letting him go was dumb. If the club dug their heels in he would have made an effort to finish the season strongly. If not Price would have justified his decision. We will never know I suppose.

interested to see how Soward goes next season. Gould must rate him and so did Bennett. Pretty good critics to me.

Wasn't there enough evidence earlier in the season that Soward wasn't putting in ,we don't know how bad the relationship was,but people are quick to put sh*t on Price for making the decision.
I backed Price's decision and although we struggled for most of the year,the decision to release Soward was actually for his own benefit as he probably would have spent the remainder of the season in the Cutters.
I couldn't give a stuff how he goes next year,we got good value out of him so we move on.
Sick of players in todays game sulking and wanting release because they don't like the coach,overpaid wankers,let them tell their sobstories to players of the past and they will probably tell them to f#*king wake up to themselves.

The Mighty Atom

Juniors
I agree, jenninga - Sowy's form dropped alarmingly post-Bennett. I was confused by Price's decision to keep playing Fein at half when you could see from pre-season matches that it wasn't working and, in all likelihood, wasn't going to. I didn't get to see JDW play early in the season but heard a lot of reports that he wasn't up to it. So what options did Price have? He blooded plenty of youngsters this year - and with good results ie Quinlan, Runciman, Garvey - but if he's going to have any success at all he needs to fire the boys up. The biggest problem this year was that there didn't seem to be any fire in the belly - forwards not manning up, everybody waiting around for someone (usually Dugan) to pull out a bit of magic, last tackle options were really poor and our attack inside the oppositions 20 was just rubbish. Plenty to work on...

jenninga

First Grade
I agree, jenninga - Sowy's form dropped alarmingly post-Bennett. I was confused by Price's decision to keep playing Fein at half when you could see from pre-season matches that it wasn't working and, in all likelihood, wasn't going to. I didn't get to see JDW play early in the season but heard a lot of reports that he wasn't up to it. So what options did Price have? He blooded plenty of youngsters this year - and with good results ie Quinlan, Runciman, Garvey - but if he's going to have any success at all he needs to fire the boys up. The biggest problem this year was that there didn't seem to be any fire in the belly - forwards not manning up, everybody waiting around for someone (usually Dugan) to pull out a bit of magic, last tackle options were really poor and our attack inside the oppositions 20 was just rubbish. Plenty to work on...

Where have you been Atom, spot on ,and not just because you agreed with me.:D

possm

Coach
Would someone call you an idiot to your face? Most people don't take forum discussion that seriously.

But maybe we should test it on a new poll.

Question: What would dragonreddy do if you called him an idiot to his face?

1. Laugh it off and buy you a beer.
2. Laugh it off then ask you to buy him a beer.
3. Go the Adelaide.

I always go for one of the beer options, but 3. has some merit.

Would that be a public poll?

possm

Coach
Wasn't there enough evidence earlier in the season that Soward wasn't putting in ,we don't know how bad the relationship was,but people are quick to put sh*t on Price for making the decision.
I backed Price's decision and although we struggled for most of the year,the decision to release Soward was actually for his own benefit as he probably would have spent the remainder of the season in the Cutters.
I couldn't give a stuff how he goes next year,we got good value out of him so we move on.
Sick of players in todays game sulking and wanting release because they don't like the coach,overpaid wankers,let them tell their sobstories to players of the past and they will probably tell them to f#*king wake up to themselves.

I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised to hear that I don't agree with you. Price changed everything that worked under Bennett. These changes did not suit the way Soward plays and he could not adjust well enough. The rest is history.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised to hear that I don't agree with you. Price changed everything that worked under Bennett. These changes did not suit the way Soward plays and he could not adjust well enough. The rest is history.

It's debatable but it's also my view of what went down

BennyV

Referee

So its Prices fault Sowies form dropped? Dude, its not his job to cater to Jamie Soward...admittedly he's not doing great at his actual job, but having to cater to Sowie wasn't part of the description

Minh

First Grade
Price's fault was him not being able to manage the rock star in Soward. Soward is and was a great player for us but sadly for us it ended badly. I don't know the fine details of what happened but at least it seemed that way and we lost out on a great player who could have been instrumental for us in the next 5 years with the right coach. Imagine a motivated Soward carving it up with Widdop as a halves partner.

saints4me

Juniors
My 20 cents worth.

Soward plays well when he's behind a dominant pack. We had it in 2010. We didn't have it in 2013. His performance in 2014 will soley depend on Penrith's forward pack.
I think Price was showing loyalty to Fein by keeping him at half in 2013. You couldn't question Fein's committment each week even if he made some errors.
Price is here to stay for 2014. The club won't dump him and have to pay him out. I actually like that loyalty. I think that makes our club who it is over some of the other clubs and if it cops criticism then so be it. I'm looking forward to 2014 and to seeing what the new faces can bring.