What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Price Resign

Should Price Resign

• Total voters

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
We have 1 really good excuse....We have a f**king shit coach who couldn't coach himself out of a wet paper bag.

possm

Coach
Mate...don't let anyone pull the wool over your eyes.
The naysayers on here would have you believe all of the crap the press write.

Too many Chicken Littles in here with little heart and soul for my liking. Always looking for a negative spin....always.
The Dragons have and always will be a strong club, regardless of the crap some of these pea hearts write or quote......sure, we have our ups and downs, our good years, our bad years. Roll with the punches and deal with it. That's what we were taught?
The second class citizens amongst us (journalists, trolls and band wagoners) will always go for a negative angle......always.....! Why would 'supporters' continuously say negative things about a club they 'support'?
When you follow the mighty Dragons, it's for life or don't bother...better or worse....sickness and health...Price era or Bennett era...

F**k 'em I say, go follow the scum otherwise. :D

My belief is that most on here are huge supporters of our Club and are very disappointed in the performance of the head coach over the past two years. To compound things, the Board extended Price's contract when most on here thought Price should have been shown the door.

Each on here have the right to put their point of view and it seems to me the overwhelming view is that Price has performed poorly and the Board has not acted wisely.

Members on here can’t really influence change within the Club however, we most certainly can have a winge about the way things are being done.

Last edited:

Cagey Mac

Bench
Mason 33 years old
Buderus 35 years old
Smith 33 years old
Scott 30 years old
Gidley 31 years old
Hilder 31 years old
Craig Gower 35 year old
Neville Costigan 28 years old (really I mean this guy must have started in nappies)

Yep they are doing all right under Benny.

You miss the point TS
It's all relevant
They're all babies compared to Bennett!
Price is younger than most of them and IMO intimidated and overawed by current the first grade comp

TruSaint

Referee
You miss the point TS
It's all relevant
They're all babies compared to Bennett!
Price is younger than most of them and IMO intimidated and overawed by current the first grade comp

I understand that as well Cagey, valid.
Just making a point for the thread, that even the Masons of this world can play good footy in later years. Yep, Benny is much older / experience / father figure.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Stand thee behind me Satan!

Dat twernt Satan dat doth spake toes words unto me Cagey.

It was Father Fitzerald, Parish Priest of Saint Patrick's Church Kogarah, when me black and white piccy of Betty Grable slipped outa me pocket, when I waz changin into me altar boy clobber for sunday Mass a few weeks back.:)

TruSaint

Referee
Mate...don't let anyone pull the wool over your eyes.
The naysayers on here would have you believe all of the crap the press write.

Too many Chicken Littles in here with little heart and soul for my liking. Always looking for a negative spin....always.
The Dragons have and always will be a strong club, regardless of the crap some of these pea hearts write or quote......sure, we have our ups and downs, our good years, our bad years. Roll with the punches and deal with it. That's what we were taught?
The second class citizens amongst us (journalists, trolls and band wagoners) will always go for a negative angle......always.....! Why would 'supporters' continuously say negative things about a club they 'support'?
When you follow the mighty Dragons, it's for life or don't bother...better or worse....sickness and health...Price era or Bennett era...

F**k 'em I say, go follow the scum otherwise. :D

JB,

Its a forum.

To suggest all negative spin be taken out just because we love the club is illogical.
There have been plenty of threads with a good feel to them, but people have a right to critisicm, and makes them lo less a supporter than you.

To put all those with gripes under the one umbrella is an insult to many here. Freedom of speech allows you to do that. As it does to those who care about the club, are as passionate as you, and press for more success.

To imply that we have to be happy / accept the status quo, just because we are fans, is simply incorrect.

You know sometimes those who push for change, voice their opinions make a dffierence. Good and bad.

Feel free to have a rip at this...

saints4me

Juniors
Well said Tru.
Everyone has an opinion and they're entitled to them. I enjoy reading the posts and bow to those on here with greater knowledge and wisdom about the team I love.
What pisses me of is the name calling. I know it's best to ignore it but the first sign of name calling (particularly about Price) and they lose me. They have lost the argument as far as I'm concerned.
Personally I'm prepared to see how he goes next year. You don't think he's feeling the pressure already?

TruSaint

Referee
Well said Tru.
Everyone has an opinion and they're entitled to them. I enjoy reading the posts and bow to those on here with greater knowledge and wisdom about the team I love.
What pisses me of is the name calling. I know it's best to ignore it but the first sign of name calling (particularly about Price) and they lose me. They have lost the argument as far as I'm concerned.
Personally I'm prepared to see how he goes next year. You don't think he's feeling the pressure already?

Fair point friend.

At the moment, Price IS our coach, and I for one hopes he kicks ass. There is no doubt this guy Pricey is a true Saints man having been with the club for so long. Am i happy with 2013 / 2012... no. The fact is we do have a right to jump in joy when we we are winning, and yet also vent our frustrations at many decisions made by the Club.

I posted some time ago, Price didnt appoint Price. It was a board decision including the extension. They SAW something i dont. Thats fine and I will always waive the red and white flag, but to suggest we cant express constructive criticism about the club we love goes against a free society.

I have never met Price, but have many associates who have. Top bloke. This isnt Price bashing, or doom and gloom, its a forum between fans.

In answer to, is he feeling the pressure... absolutely. Nothing would please me more than for Price to answer all critics, and myself.

BennyV

Referee
Nothing would please me more than for Price to answer all critics, and myself.

Ill add my name to that one mate...I have my severe doubts about his ability as a first grade coach based on the last 2 years, but as much as a new coach would be nice, I'd still prefer Price to make it happen...

But I would guess there are some on here who don't share that sentiment, their dislike of Price is overcoming their love of the Red V...