What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Price Resign

Should Price Resign

• Total voters

possm

Coach
If that happens, it won't be a good look for Soward, and may be a glimpse at the kind of attitude problems he is rumoured to possess

I for one would like to know the truth. Might give an insight into the mind of our head coach.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Coach Price is making a huge comeback, firming at a massive 28% now. Another 5% and he will be up to his winning margin for this season.

The posters on this forum criticising Price for dropping Soward,do any of you know the reasons for him being dropped.Is it because he missed that penalty shot,or has been down on form or is because he has the sh*ts with the club and has been sulking therefore disrupting team spirit.
None of us know,so the flavour of the month is to give it to the coach without knowing the reason for Soward being dropped.Could this be the straw that broke the camels back,and the big reason the teams form has been down for the last few weeks.
The spirit the team showed earlier in the season is not there now suggesting there has been a problem in the squad,Sowards attitude ,as a senior player,may be a big part of it.

...you know, if Steve Price has no influence on recruitment - I wonder whether he really has sole influence on team selections? Maybe there are other instructions he must follow.

possm

Coach
If that happens, it won't be a good look for Soward, and may be a glimpse at the kind of attitude problems he is rumoured to possess

Then again it might just vindicate Soward and expose Price for what he truly is - an out of his depth head coach.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Coach Price is making a huge comeback, firming at a massive 28% now. Another 5% and he will be up to his winning margin for this season.
What's that quote from that Mel Gibson movie 'The Patriot'? That's it, "aim small, miss small" lol.

karuah6

Juniors
Then again it might just vindicate Soward and expose Price for what he truly is - an out of his depth head coach.

We are signing good players irrespective what you think of the coach. If they thought he was s..t they would not have signed.
:roll::roll::roll:

possm

Coach
...you know, if Steve Price has no influence on recruitment - I wonder whether he really has sole influence on team selections? Maybe there are other instructions he must follow.

In business what do you do with a poor performing employee who is under contract for another two years and you really can’t afford to pay him out?

I believe you would limit the damage being caused by this person to your business in any way possible. In the case of Price and the Dragons, it seems possible that the Board has:

Relieved our head coach of recruitment duties.
Relieved our coach of junior development duties.
And as some members on here are now hinting, maybe even relieved our coach of week to week selection duties.

Next step; releave our head coach of game plan duties.
Then finally; releave our head coach from coaching duties.

Last edited:

This...

It's what's going to happen.

If we get a big score knocked up against us - and I mean i think there will be a game (or two) this year where someone will actually play their best footy and score 50 or 60+, I can hear Gus Gould's comment now.

"...well they had that coming didn't they".

What do you think Gus Gould has been saying to Jamie Soward on the phone this week?

karuah6

Juniors
Yes Karuah, now you only have the rest of the vast majority to convince. :D

Oh no I don't. I still back the clubs decision to appoint the coach as they are a lot better aware of what a person has done at the club & what he can do for the club. The name doesn't matter so lets see what he can do with a better roster. The reason the club is buying new players is to strengthen the player roster as they are not happy with the current roster we have.
:D:D:D

bottle

Coach
In business what do you do with a poor performing employee who is under contract for another two years and you really can?t afford to pay him out?

I believe you would limit the damage being caused by this person to your business in any way possible. In the case of Price and the Dragons, it seems possible that the Board has:

Relieved our head coach of recruitment duties.
Relieved our coach of junior development duties.
And as some members on here are now hinting, maybe even relieved our coach of week to week selection duties.

Next step; releave our head coach of game plan duties.
Then finally; releave our head coach from coaching duties.
Why don't you give us your 'best guess' as to how the phantom conversation in the phantom board meeting involving the Phantom and The Flash went in regards to this? I'm sure we'd all be fascinated.
At least, that's my best guess.

Fiery

Juniors

Perhaps the question should be rephrased to something like "Should the moron who coaches the Dragons resign or be fired immediately?"

In that case surely anyone who supports the club and places it above some individuals within would vote "Yes". Of course if we were talking about "Raper" or "Gasnier" that may be controversial but Price is nothing but a terrible mistake.

Latest posts