What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Price Resign

Should Price Resign

• Total voters

grouch

First Grade
Soward was actually pretty solid last game I thought.
We know you thought that. I was aiming my post at the more objective, non-fanboy members of the forum. Soward killed just as many chances as Rein did, and I'm no Rein fan

Firey_Dragon

Coach
We know you thought that. I was aiming my post at the more objective, non-fanboy members of the forum. Soward killed just as many chances as Rein did, and I'm no Rein fan

How many point do we score without Soward there last game grouch? He had a shocker in the tackle on Mitch Brown in defence, granted. But he scored a try, laid on another, had some pretty decent kicks ie placement for the line dropout from around 50m out, and some not so great ones (the one over vidot's head). But he was far from the worst player out there.

Since when does going against the gang mentality and derailing every play in a game simply because a player has signed with another club constitute as a fanboy?

Everything Rein did was turn to shit in that game, 2 of his mistakes in prime attacking opportunity as we were gaining momentum, resulted in a try the next set (knock on from the line drop out set, and forward pass to weyman 10m out). Soward is the easy target, it won't help us not having him in the side.

Father Ted

First Grade
If I didn't know any better, I'd say Sheens is already our coach.

We need a centre. Hmmmm.................
I know! Let's put Vidot in reggies & put a backrower there!

We need a 5/8th. We have talent in reggies..............
I know! We'll put a centre there!

Sheenius. Pure Sheenius.

Agree sign Sheens and bring in Andrew Farrar as his assistant . Ben Kusto out of retirement as halfback.

jenninga

First Grade
jenninga I know it is hard, and I admire your loyalty to Coach Price. But at some point (hopefully soon), you will also come to the same conclusion, that most of us have, regarding Coach Price.
OT,it's not loyalty or anything like that,and possm,it's not blind loyalty,i am as p*ssed off with the way our team is coached also.
However,some on here are just taking delight in kicking a man when he is down.

Fingerbang

Bench
This place gets so comical at times......just gotta love the fickle nature of all you experts who know everything about what is wrong within the Dragons camp at the moment.

Did I not see a thread started here a week or two ago titled Sack Soward? So now all of you who supported that idea now turn around and bag Price for doing just that? :lol:

Here is a hint fellas.....Soward's dropping from the team was not form related.

Cagey Mac

Bench
This place gets so comical at times......just gotta love the fickle nature of all you experts who know everything about what is wrong within the Dragons camp at the moment.

Did I not see a thread started here a week or two ago titled Sack Soward? So now all of you who supported that idea now turn around and bag Price for doing just that? :lol:

So just for interest's sake
Back up the first two statements with empirical data, methinks generalising leads to sophistry.
I'll agree with the last statement however is it seems obvious

Saint Anger

Juniors
If the "team" that Price named yesterday actually starts the game on Saturday arvo, then Price has lost me forever.

What a disgraceful looking line-up. With the young guys at our disposal, and the nuffies that keep getting picked regardless of their weekly atrocities, THIS is what he comes up with.

FMD gtfo out of my Club.

possm

Coach

I believe you're right. I am sure there was a heated conversation after the game that might of went like this:

Price
Jamie I warned you before the game, you are to run to the line not crab accross the field.
Soward
Yes I know but there were no holes to run through, everyone was standing still and there was no opportunity to run to the line because the defensive line was on me soon after I got the ball most of the time.
Price
Look Jamie, I'm the coach and you will do as I tell you or spend some time in the Cutters.
Soward
What you've been telling me for a long time doesn?t work. I think if you change the attacking structure in a way that we stand deeper for 3 out of the 6 tackles, maybe we can create some holes in the defence.
Price
I've heard all of this before from you and I have made my decisions. Next week you will be dropped to the Cutters and you will stay there until you can do as you?re told.
Soward
That's enough! I've had enough of you and your incompetent coaching.
Price
Go! Get out of here! Don't bother coming to training tomorrow. Have a good think about things before you return.

Only my best guess of the conversation but I bet I am fairly close.

bottle

Coach
Take note Steve Price. This poll has consistantly been running a result of 75% voter result in favour of you to resign. So please do the right thing and resign before you cause more damge.

You may have to tell him in person. I doubt he bothers with a forum full of know nothings like us.

bottle

Coach
So we've gone from phantom board meetings to specific phantom conversations now.
Fmd, it would be hilarious if it wasn't for the fact that these people walk the streets with us.

Godz Illa

Coach
I believe you're right. I am sure there was a heated conversation after the game that might of went like this:

Price
Jamie I warned you before the game, you are to run to the line not crab accross the field.
Soward
Yes I know but there were no holes to run through, everyone was standing still and there was no opportunity to run to the line because the defensive line was on me soon after I got the ball most of the time.
Price
Look Jamie, I'm the coach and you will do as I tell you or spend some time in the Cutters.
Soward
What you've been telling me for a long time doesn?t work. I think if you change the attacking structure in a way that we stand deeper for 3 out of the 6 tackles, maybe we can create some holes in the defence.
Price
I've heard all of this before from you and I have made my decisions. Next week you will be dropped to the Cutters and you will stay there until you can do as you?re told.
Soward
Price
Go! Get out of here! Don't bother coming to training tomorrow. Have a good think about things before you return.
[Michel Pottor pokes his head in the doorway]
Pottor
Bonjour guys! Pardonnez mon impolitesse, j'ai croissants! [laughter]
Price/Soward
[laughter] Oh Pottor!

karuah6

Juniors
If I was coach & Soward did not do what I wanted him to do on the field, then I would sack him from the first grade team.
The team selected may not be what several people wanted but it appears to have better defence as no one will have to cater to look after Soward as they have for several seasons.
It will be interesting to see how this team plays against N'cstle without Soward especially in N'cstle but I have a sneaking feeling that they may go alright.
Don't know if the selected side will take the field, but it would be nice to see Cooper play.

TheRev

Coach

Price
Soward
Price
Soward
Price
Soward
Price

lol appreciate the insight, do you think this is the conversation had after the last 30 games?

Father Ted

First Grade

Price
Soward
Price
Soward
Price
Soward
Price

Brown .. Dammit I'm going to slap one of you bitches in a minute

Piggy Riddell .. F you coach I'm going to Macca's

Price .. The effort was good and you trained well yada yada yada yada

Farrar .. Huh?

jenninga

First Grade
Once Soward is clear of the Dragons I am sure he will let us all know what is happening or what happened.
Who would care,he is employed to play footy,who does he think he is if the club wanted to move on and he wasn't in the plans,so be it .

BennyV

Referee

Price
Soward
Price
Soward
Price
Soward
Price

Soward: I'm JAMIE SOWARD. Jamie Soward played Origin and won a premiership. Jamie Soward doesn't need you Steve Price. Uncle Wayne and Uncle Gus will look after me.

jenninga

First Grade

Price
Soward
Price
Soward
What you've been telling me for a long time doesn’t work. I think if you change the attacking structure in a way that we stand deeper for 3 out of the 6 tackles, maybe we can create some holes in the defence.
Price
I've heard all of this before from you and I have made my decisions. Next week you will be dropped to the Cutters and you will stay there until you can do as you’re told.
Soward
Price
Price And Possm,get back in your bloody playpen.

So you were there,interesting.

Latest posts