What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Price Resign

Should Price Resign

• Total voters

karuah6

Juniors
Perhaps the question should be rephrased to something like "Should the moron who coaches the Dragons resign or be fired immediately?"

In that case surely anyone who supports the club and places it above some individuals within would vote "Yes". Of course if we were talking about "Raper" or "Gasnier" that may be controversial but Price is nothing but a terrible mistake.

With that comment it just shows you what a dill your are or perhaps you have been on the drink. Either way:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Fiery

Juniors
Have a look at your post.:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

I don't need to. I know what I wrote and haven't changed my mind. If you can point out wht it makes me "a dill" or drunk I may possibly change my opinion. Not likely but possible. I'm not afraid to admit making a mistake. Something Doust should have done about 9 rounds prior in regard to Price being head coach.

karuah6

Juniors
I don't need to. I know what I wrote and haven't changed my mind. If you can point out wht it makes me "a dill" or drunk I may possibly change my opinion. Not likely but possible. I'm not afraid to admit making a mistake. Something Doust should have done about 9 rounds prior in regard to Price being head coach.

Ok. Tell us all why the club is going on a spending spree & buying some very good players. I will give you a hint. It is not to save the coach.

Fiery

Juniors
Ok. Tell us all why the club is going on a spending spree & buying some very good players. I will give you a hint. It is not to save the coach.

Fair call. Maybe I was over emotional but this still doesn't mean they are planning on sticking with Price. More like; they are preparing for next year with or without Price.

I would think he surely must be on a knife-edge now.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
This is of chicken or egg proportions. We keep seeing the same old chestnuts trotted out along the lines of....'Price must go'...'Sack Price'...blah, blah, blah....honestly !

REPLACE HIM WITH WHO/ WHAT ?

karuah6

Juniors
Fair call. Maybe I was over emotional but this still doesn't mean they are planning on sticking with Price. More like; they are preparing for next year with or without Price.

I would think he surely must be on a knife-edge now.

You could be right. I am not sticking up for Price but I am sticking up for our club who appointed a coach who they think can coach a first grade side. I thought they had the cattle early on before the season started but it appears I may have bee wrong.
Just give the coach whoever it is a chance with good signings that all is I have been asking right from the start.

Fiery

Juniors
This is of chicken or egg proportions. We keep seeing the same old chestnuts trotted out along the lines of....'Price must go'...'Sack Price'...blah, blah, blah....honestly !

REPLACE HIM WITH WHO/ WHAT ?

No one had ever heard of Trent Robinson. Personally I know a lot of people won't like this and it's just my personal opinion but I would ask Brian Smith to take over for the remainder of this year and give him a contract for next year.

karuah6

Juniors
No one had ever heard of Trent Robinson. Personally I know a lot of people won't like this and it's just my personal opinion but I would ask Brian Smith to take over for the remainder of this year and give him a contract for next year.

Look at my above post

Fiery

Juniors
Look at my above post

Price has several talented players at his disposal. As individuals they are doing ok. Not too many missed tackles or mistakes. Running and tackling hard. Taking the line on and beating it and etc. As a team only Parramatta and the Tigers are worse. Parramatta have just come off almost two years with a coach maybe as bad as Price and who lasted almost only because of infighting within the club and the Tigers only due to a shocking injury toll.

I think if Price had the entire Australian team at his disposal, unless they simply disregarded him, he would have them playing terribly.

Last edited:

Old_Timer

Juniors
Well Karuah have you rallied the troops yet?

Perhaps you might entice with "another 3 years of Coach Price".

karuah6

Juniors
Price has several talented players at his disposal. As individuals they are doing ok. Not too many missed tackles or mistakes. Running and tackling hard. Taking the line on and beating it and etc. As a team only Parramatta and the Tigers are worse. Parramatta have just come off almost two years with a coach maybe as bad as Price and who lasted almost only because of infighting within the club and the Tigers only due to a shocking injury toll.

I think if Price had the entire Australian team at his disposal, unless they simply disregarded him, he would have them playing terribly.

That will do me.:lol::lol::lol:

twinkletoes

Juniors
It would be very disappointing to bolster our playing ranks for 2014 and then still find out the coach is not up to the task. My reason for thinking Price should go is that this year we have a team which is similar if not slightly stronger than 2012...and yet half way through the season we see them playing worse than last year...the attack is worse, the defence is worse, our win/loss record is worse, our position on the ladder is worse, we play with very little structure at all. That surely is a coaching weakness.

Steelman

Juniors
All these arm chair experts make me laugh, look Price will be judged on performance like any other coach in nrl. Ask Neil Henry he has a much better roster than ours has lot more experience than Price and can't get a win. The result he will be gone by the End of the year. Price inherited a team that lacks talent in a lot of areas including player depth. Lets wait and see how Price goes with a decent roster if he fails by this time next year he will be gone.
I know for a fact Doust approached Sheens to coach the dragons earlier in the year but he wants to concentrate on the kangaroos and the world cup this year. If Price fails Sheens will be waiting.

karuah6

Juniors
It would be very disappointing to bolster our playing ranks for 2014 and then still find out the coach is not up to the task. My reason for thinking Price should go is that this year we have a team which is similar if not slightly stronger than 2012...and yet half way through the season we see them playing worse than last year...the attack is worse, the defence is worse, our win/loss record is worse, our position on the ladder is worse, we play with very little structure at all. That surely is a coaching weakness.

You could be right. I keep asking the question why is the club buying several good players to bolster our playing ranks. Surely you don't believe that they are doing it to save our current coach. I still think we had to look at our player roster especially in view of the experience we have lost since last season & improve it where considered necessary.
This I believe the club is doing.
I may be wrong but doubt it.

Fiery

Juniors
Ha ha. If your mate is Fiery you have a problem.

Why is that? If your mate is Price hopefully you can help him out in a new job because barring a massive form turnaround his future as a coach is finished very soon. His hero and the "rival coach" he so much admires, Bennett, may throw him a bone as an assistant or U20s coach I guess. After all, Bennett signed Fien until the end of this year and then went after King despite taking several other players with him to the rival team including players under contract.

Has the chinless monkey ever thought about why Bennett wanted King but not Fien??? Obviously he didn't rate Fien highly. If Price is your friend, which I presume he is, please smash him over the head with a very thick book and then tell him very slowly, "Bennett is a rival coach working for a rival club. He no longer has the best interests the Dragons in mind"!:x

karuah6

Juniors
Why is that? If your mate is Price hopefully you can help him out in a new job because barring a massive form turnaround his future as a coach is finished very soon. His hero and the "rival coach" he so much admires, Bennett, may throw him a bone as an assistant or U20s coach I guess. After all, Bennett signed Fien until the end of this year and then went after King despite taking several other players with him to the rival team including players under contract.

Has the chinless monkey ever thought about why Bennett wanted King but not Fien??? Obviously he didn't rate Fien highly. If Price is your friend, which I presume he is, please smash him over the head with a very thick book and then tell him very slowly, "Bennett is a rival coach working for a rival club. He no longer has the best interests the Dragons in mind"!:x

Bloody hell you are an easy fish to catch. If you look at my posts I have said that irrespective who is coach I will respect the clubs management to appoint a person who they believe is qualified to coach our team. You make some very silly comments regarding several people & the so called smashing a heavy book over an appointed member of this club is very childish & a statement that a lot of people including the Old Fella would surely not approve of.
You have your opinion & I have mine.
Also you have still not addressed the comment I made as to why you think the club I on a spending spree to sign players they feel will improve our playing roster.
Properly it is above your head to put some common sense into the argument. On the other hand I do not think I would like to discuss this matter any further with you because of the stupid comments that you come out with.
Good night Fiery, sweet dreams:roll::roll::roll:

Gazzaw

Juniors
It would seem they are trying to build a roster,but at the same time they need to build the coaching team. Price is not the right person going fwd, no matter what the roster.

Latest posts