What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Price Resign

Should Price Resign

• Total voters

karuah6

Juniors
[QUOTe

How are the Knights going under a super star coach that bennett is. Even he has & still is recruiting new players to help him.
I did not know you have a crystal ball but I am bloody sure Widdop will be just as good a player as he is with Melbourne however we need to help him with a decent player alongside him like he has at his current club.
Just give the bloody coach a chance that is all I and other people ask.
Further to the above. Have a look & remember how many players brought to our club to strengthen the roster. He was not prepared to coach with the then playing roster because he knew he could not get the results he wanted

jenninga

First Grade
Don't bother with your examples. Everyone else is to blame bar Price for some people in this forum. If they still think he is the man after what we have all seen the last 16 months or so then you have no hope of changing their minds.
I actually agree that Price is struggling,out of his depth if you like,but it p*sses me off when people make derogatory comments about him,calling him a moron,chinless imbecile etc.
Be critical of team selection and performances by all means,but to attack the guy personally is so immature and pathetic.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Bennett is not not going bad. Inconsistent defiantely but when the Knights are at their best they can match it with the top clubs and are 7th. The flogged the full strength dogs a couple of weeks ago. Scored 40+ points against them. Bennet can't be going too bad.

Don't compare Price to other coaches unless you are comparing him to Stephen Kearney, but even he gambled and blooded alot of juniors when the first grade were not performing.

Mr Red

First Grade
How are the Knights going under a super star coach that bennett is.ask.

they are going better than us, 6 places on the ladder better than us, with a weaker roster and a ton of injuries.
they are inconsistent at the moment but have plenty of points in them... which is a hell of a lot better then us at the moment.

TheRev

Coach
they are going better than us, 6 places on the ladder better than us, with a weaker roster and a ton of injuries.
they are inconsistent at the moment but have plenty of points in them... which is a hell of a lot better then us at the moment.
Bloody oath, Knights are lethal when theyre on their game, Bennett is really good at sly little player signings here and there, and the Knights only problems are injuries and consistency, but if he can find that prior to finals they could knock off some big teams.

I think sometimes people look at the NRL Ladder and put too much emphasis on that, Cowboys and Dogs are 2 other examples of teams that are/were in the bottom few rungs, but it was just a matter of time before their guns click into place.

jenninga

First Grade
Bennett is not not going bad. Inconsistent defiantely but when the Knights are at their best they can match it with the top clubs and are 7th. The flogged the full strength dogs a couple of weeks ago. Scored 40+ points against them. Bennet can't be going too bad.

Don't compare Price to other coaches unless you are comparing him to Stephen Kearney, but even he gambled and blooded alot of juniors when the first grade were not performing.
And by the looks of Bennetts recruiting ,he will leave the Knights in a worse position than he left us.And with 35 yr old Gower to join 30 something Mason Smith,Costigan,Tahu,Gidleyetc the Knights will certainly be looking like sh*t in a couple of seasons.
At least we won the comp,they don't look like it.

karuah6

Juniors

I am not comparing Price to any other coach. What I am saying that even the so called super coaches need to improve their roster to get better results. You must agree that Price was handed a far inferior team to what Bennett had at the Dragons.
Look at the players who has left since our last grand final.
Anyhow I am not here to continually disagree with other posters, we are all Dragon supporters but no need to say abusive comments to any of our officials.
Ah what's the use.

big pat

Coach
I actually agree that Price is struggling,out of his depth if you like,but it p*sses me off when people make derogatory comments about him,calling him a moron,chinless imbecile etc.
Be critical of team selection and performances by all means,but to attack the guy personally is so immature and pathetic.

i agree, its one thing to attack his coaching and his structure's, but calling him names and attacking him is a bit low.

Fiery

Juniors
I am not comparing Price to any other coach.

Of course not because Price is the worst. Neil Henry and Matthew Elliot are maybe not to far ahead but I don't care about North QLD or NZ. I want the Dragons to sack Price but hope NZ and North QLD keep their coaches. I may be a little unfair to Elliot.

FundyDragon

Bench
Of course not because Price is the worst. Neil Henry and Matthew Elliot are maybe not to far ahead but I don't care about North QLD or NZ. I want the Dragons to sack Price but hope NZ and North QLD keep their coaches. I may be a little unfair to Elliot.

So you want him sacked right this minute or at the end of year.

karuah6

Juniors

It appears that you do not read a lot of posts on this forum. You are the young little p...k that suggested that somebody smash a heavy book over Price's head.
If you & some of your mates think that you are supporters of this club, think again, because we don't need rubbish like you.
Because of the type of person we are dealing with here, I do not intend to discuss the coaching position of our great club any more & I will leave it to type of person who has no bloody idea but abuse management.

Fiery

Juniors
That leave Folkes in charge

I very much doubt Folkes could be worse. I think he would be significantly better but I would still be in favor of appointing Brian Smith in a caretaker role for the rest of this season giving the club time and options for next season if they didn't want Smith any longer.

I completely agree with this. Extending respect and dignity to a man is much more important than anyone's opinion on his ability to coach.

redbreed

Juniors
I completely agree with this. Extending respect and dignity to a man is much more important than anyone's opinion on his ability to coach.

Its a good thing that the club isn't run by us supporters there would be a mutiny every week and we would be the biggest basket case in the league.

possm

Coach
While Bennett was in charge, if the team lost a game or two, no one was bagging the coach; they took note of some player mistakes, the bounce of the ball, some bad luck or some Ref errors.

The reason why people are bagging Price is because it is very obvious that as a coach, he is out of his depth; his coaching ability is just terrible. The majority of fans have been waiting for quite a while now for Price to go and so they are frustrated that things are just getting worse and he is still in charge.

If Price did some little things right it may have saved our season:

Stand the backs deeper in attack more often than not.

When someone like Chase Stanley consistently shows no form, replace him with someone else.

Resist the temptation to play players out of position; it rarely works and we can't afford the risk.

Get some outside help to take care of the things Price is not good at e.g. firing up the players to get stuck in from kick off. And give Folkes or someone that is not such a nice guy the job of getting stuck into the players that aren't performing.

Work on some simple attacking combinations between players e.g. shor passes between selected forwards for takles two and three and then passes to selected backs standing deep on later tackles.

Stand Soward deep when in attack and defence. He is only here for a short time now and the team would benefit from the extra time Soward gets. If Price does not want to do that, give Drinkwater, Quinlan or one of our NYC halves a go; Fien won't be there next year and he is not really up to it this year.

Let the players know that it's not OK to lose a game and it's not OK to make mistakes.

During a game don't be afraid to hook a player who is playing poorly. In the same way don't replace a player who is playing well unless he is exhausted.

So, there is a few basic things Price could do/change that are so obvious and that I believe would make a difference.

Last edited:

Gomarchin

Juniors
When will people realise Steve Price is our Stephen Kearney? Lovely guy but inept and out of his depth as a first grade coach.

While Bennett was in charge, if the team lost a game or two, no one was bagging the coach; they took note of some player mistakes, the bounce of the ball, some bad luck or some Ref errors.

The reason why people are bagging Price is because it is very obvious that as a coach, he is out of his depth; his coaching ability is just terrible. The majority of fans have been waiting for quite a while now for Price to go and so they are frustrated that things are just getting worse and he is still in charge.

Um, is it just me, or does the fact that Fien feels motivated by a Wayne Bennett coached side (ref, NRL News) kinda sound wrong. Why is an ex-coach motivating our side more than the current coach?

"Coming up against Wayne, the old coach, there's no more motivation than that," halfback Nathan Fien said during the week.

"He did tremendous things for our club.

"Tremendous things for all the players, and myself, individually.

"I guess it's ultimate respect, you play well against your former coach."

....errr, I thought the motivation is to impress the current coach?