What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Price Resign

Should Price Resign

• Total voters

possm

Coach
It just occurred to me that maybe within Price's new contract there is a clause for him to act in the capacity of assistant coach if the Club appoints a new head coach the next two years. Of course we don't know this because no deails have been announced. But for me this could be the only reason why the Club should make what seems to be a very bad decision.

Last edited:

bottle

Coach
It just occurred to me that maybe within Price's new contract there his a clause for me to act in the capacity of assistant coach if the Club appoints a new head coach the next two years. Of course we don't know this because no deails have been announced. But for me this could be the only reason why the Club should make what seems to be a very bad decision.
I certainly hope so. You seem to have all the answers and it would solve all of our coaching problems.

possm

Coach
Yes Assistant Coach Price has a nice ring to it.

OT why else would the Club extend his contract?

Team going well this year? No
End of current contract? No
Found the answers to Price's problems? No
Found a halfback? No

So it must be that Price has agreed to be assistant to a new coach. YES

possm

Coach
For two seasons now, Price has had his chance to show his coaching skills. I think it is fair to say that he is out of his depth and really, should show some dignity and resign.

The man does not present as a money hungry person and surely he must realize he is not up to it, so frankly it begs the question: why dosn't Price just resign?

fedzy

Juniors
For two seasons now, Price has had his chance to show his coaching skills. I think it is fair to say that he is out of his depth and really, should show some dignity and resign.

The man does not present as a money hungry person and surely he must realize he is not up to it, so frankly it begs the question: why dosn't Price just resign?

Because he believes it is everybody else's fault. no players, Soward a distraction, water boy to slow other teams cheating salary cap, to hot, to cold, my attacking plans not being followed etc

God-King Dean

Immortal
No, he shouldn't resign.

Resignation = McGregor is coach.

Let us find a suitable replacement first. Obviously we are looking for one, & I'd take another year of Price over McGregor coaching one.

saint.nick

Coach
So not only do we anxiously wait for Price to be sacked, we also anxiously pray that McGregor is not hired as Price's successor. What a mess!

TheRev

Coach
Do coaches ever resign? The bloke may not get another pay cheque, he would be insane to resign and miss out on a years salary, would you do it?

If the situation gets so terrible that the players wont play for him, thats something different, and it would still be Doust having to fire him anyway, but id suspect that they all know change is coming, just have to play out the season first.

possm

Coach
It seems to me that there is a general view by most members of this forum that Price shoould either resign or be sacked however, the official Club review has recommended that he continue to be the head coach in 2014.

Do you think that the forum member's view on this matter is not representative of the view held by Drangons fans?

Why do you think the Board has come to the decision to contue with Price as head coach?

What do you think can be done to bring about change which will result in the appointment of a new head coach for season 2014.

bottle

Coach
I pray your right bottle...............

Let me rephrase for accuracy.

The club has released no statement or finding as yet. Whether any 'review' is concluded in their opinion is something I'm not privy to.
However there are no statements from the club supporting the contention that Price is or isn't on board as coach next year based on the findings of such a review. Certainly not in the public domain anyway.

Personally, talking out of my arse and based on no fact, I think he will be our coach come the start of 2014.

Mr Red

First Grade
Let me rephrase for accuracy.

The club has released no statement or finding as yet. Whether any 'review' is concluded in their opinion is something I'm not privy to.
However there are no statements from the club supporting the contention that Price is or isn't on board as coach next year based on the findings of such a review. Certainly not in the public domain anyway.

Personally, talking out of my arse and based on no fact, I think he will be our coach come the start of 2014.

you would hope regardless of the end decision to keep him or not, the board should be professional and show respect for the members and release an official statement advising of the findings of the review..
therefore maybe i am clutching at straws but since this hasnt yet happened i am hoping the review is still underway, and no decisions have been made

twinkletoes

Juniors
The Boards findings will not contradict their previous assessment of the coach made in April when they extended his contract. The review finding will provide justification in terms of extraordinary circumstances eg injuries etc that influenced the poor results this year.

If the review found otherwise ie. that Price should be sacked, it would be an extremely poor reflection on their abilities as adminstrators..after all they are only carrying out this review to save their own positions and justify their previously known intentions.

I think we need a miracle for the conclusion we are all hoping for!!