What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Dugan

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Dugan prefers Broncos reported this morning. Blames bordom for this mess and wants to join a large club in the city

Last edited:

tumbidragon

First Grade
Any links for that one....?
JOSH Dugan is interested in becoming a Bronco because the club can offer him the support to re-emerge as a representative star. Sources close to the sacked Raider said he wanted to be at a "large club, in a big city" and he believes the boredom of Canberra contributed to his code of conduct breaches.
The 22-year-old feels a club such as the Broncos, with its strong culture of professionalism, would benefit his development as a player and person.
Dugan last played for NSW in 2011.
In the past two seasons he only featured in 30 of the Raiders' 50 games as he battled injuries.
Dugan had repeated clashes with Canberra coach David Furner and Raiders officials.
The Broncos are in no rush to make a move on the former Blues custodian, content to wait until the NRL decides what stipulations will be written into his registration contract.

It was reported this week that Dugan had already spoken to Broncos football manager Andrew Gee.
St George Illawarra remain front runners for the Tuggeranong junior after the Titans pulled out of the race this week.
The Dragons say they are not negotiating with Dugan but admit they are interested in him.
An NRL club will sign the talented playmaker within two weeks because, at his best, Dugan is a game-winner who can turn a deficit into a lead within minutes.
"I know Josh Dugan is a wonderful talent, but you also have to be mindful of what you spend and take into account the position he plays and what he offers," former Broncos captain Darren Lockyer told AAP.
Ex-Broncos five-eighth Ben Ikin yesterday warned Brisbane against signing Dugan.
Meanwhile, Broncos prop Ben Hannant warned the club's forwards they would be destroyed if they failed to muscle up against the giant Sydney Roosters pack on Saturday night.
The Broncos have a weakened pack because of Josh McGuire's torn calf muscle but still field an imposing prop unit of Hannant and Sam Thaiday.
In a sign of the size of the Roosters pack, they have named 108kg former prop Frank-Paul Nuuausala at lock.
"What it is going to come down to is us really muscling up and getting into that arm wrestle early against them," Hannant said.
He refuted suggestions the Broncos were light in the forwards this week.
"We've got a lot of depth in the front row," Hannant said.
"Dunamis Lui had a great pre-season, Nick Slyney is there and Scott Anderson (could) start in most teams."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...calm-wild-streak/story-e6frexp0-1226602014490

Johnny-b-Goode

Juniors
Thanks, but what I thought, just speculation and nothing from Dugan himself, just what people think he may like.... And to top it off it's the telegraph.. This is typical of them, no story, just make one up!

blacksafake

First Grade
Dugan prefers Broncos reported this morning. Blames bordom for this mess and wants to join a large club in the city
Well if this is the case he is doing it for the wrong reasons which means he is not serious about his life because i can see him getting into the same sh*t up there.It is pretty well known that bronco players go & do anything they like at the clubs & pubs & the local press will ignore it.He obviously doesn't know that the Gong is only 40 mins from the city.Anyway should he sign with them they may be looking to offload somebody so why don't we have a crack at Ben Hunt,he seems to be on the outer?

tumbidragon

First Grade
Thanks, but what I thought, just speculation and nothing from Dugan himself, just what people think he may like.... And to top it off it's the telegraph.. This is typical of them, no story, just make one up!

Mate, everything on this forum and in every news report or article has been pure speculation and innuendo. Fact is no one will know where he is going to be, until his name is already on whatever contract he signs. It's all information, but whether or not it is informed is an entirely different question ;-).

saint.nick

Coach
Well the dragons are a large club in a big city too. He doesn't HAVE to live in Wollongong, Gasnier managed it fine. Even Des Hasler drives down from the northern beaches all the way to Belmore, which is roughly the same trip as the shire to wollongong.

Johnny-b-Goode

Juniors
Mate, everything on this forum and in every news report or article has been pure speculation and innuendo. Fact is no one will know where he is going to be, until his name is already on whatever contract he signs. It's all information, but whether or not it is informed is an entirely different question ;-).

Yes, spot on mate, my only concern was you simply posting "Dugan prefers Broncos reported this morning. Blames bordom for this mess" when Dugan never said that....

The media, ESP the telegraph will write anything to fill their pages and if we read "sources close to the star" could mean anything, even the reporter writing the article... "Closeness" is relative ...

BradMackay

Juniors
The track record of turning around sacked players is very poor. We are grasping at straws thinking Dugan will change anything when we have Soward playing like a ghost.

Carney - 1 good season then got sacked again
Albert Kelly - done nothing
I can't really name any that have improved - Willie Mason???

Johnny-b-Goode

Juniors
Carney, was good last year... Played origin
Sailor, okay sacked from union but came good..
Bird, has been great for the titans
Mason, as you said
Soward, won a premiership after sacked from roosters

As for Kelly and if you can name others that have not gone on with it, IMHO they were never up to it anyway...

Dugan is a very classy player, the raiders have a huge history of not being able to help players in trouble and saints have never had any major issues with anyone, I think gaz made a prank call once... Saints have a great culture and would be a great place for such a talented guy to come good!

BennyV

Referee
The track record of turning around sacked players is very poor. We are grasping at straws thinking Dugan will change anything when we have Soward playing like a ghost.

Carney - 1 good season then got sacked again
Albert Kelly - done nothing
I can't really name any that have improved - Willie Mason???

Carney - 1 good season, got sacked, now is settled in with a club on the rise (albeit on drugs) and has a mortgage on the SOO #6 jersey
Albert Kelly - too early to tell, but has solidified his first grade spot at Titans

Greg Bird - Co-captain of his current club and one of the first picked for NSW
Nate Miles - Co-captain of his current club, SOO Man of the Serious last year and I think picked up a Dally M medal?

I'm sure there are plenty more, but those 4 alone prove the point that it is very much possible to come back from being 'sacked' or released from a club. It's definitely worth looking at Dugan and turning his life around.

blaza88z

Coach
Well if this is the case he is doing it for the wrong reasons which means he is not serious about his life because i can see him getting into the same sh*t up there.It is pretty well known that bronco players go & do anything they like at the clubs & pubs & the local press will ignore it.He obviously doesn't know that the Gong is only 40 mins from the city.Anyway should he sign with them they may be looking to offload somebody so why don't we have a crack at Ben Hunt,he seems to be on the outer?

:lol::lol:

Mr Red

First Grade
"The Dragons say they are not negotiating with Dugan but admit they are interested in him....."

how does that work?? do they expect Dugan to come to them? maybe this is why our recrutiment is so poor... they havent grasped the concept of approaching a player to begin a negotiation...lol

blaza88z

Coach
"The Dragons say they are not negotiating with Dugan but admit they are interested in him....."

how does that work?? do they expect Dugan to come to them? maybe this is why our recrutiment is so poor... they havent grasped the concept of approaching a player to begin a negotiation...lol

Probably just what they tell the media so figures don't get flung around

Latest posts