What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Dugan

soupnazi

Juniors
Tallis f**ked us over in a similar way, how do you feel about him?

Imbecile, u have NFI what tallis did. He left cause of GOULD not recognising him as a first grader at the time. He wanted to stay at St George. What has thatgot to do with Dougans behaviour .:shock::shock:

18to87

Coach
The day at Belmore when Tallis came off the bench and ripped the Bulldogs a new one, gold! The super sub.

bottle

Coach
Imbecile, u have NFI what tallis did. He left cause of GOULD not recognising him as a first grader at the time. He wanted to stay at St George. What has thatgot to do with Dougans behaviour .:shock::shock:

So sitting out a year of his contract at Saints is ok by you?
Cat act.
I have no problem with him signing on and moving elsewhere once his contract was over. But SEE OUT YOUR CONTRACTED PERIOD SCUMBAG.

Besides, the story about Gould comes from where, Tallis?
Can a contract breaker be trusted to tell the truth?

soupnazi

Juniors
Cat act.
I have no problem with him signing on and moving elsewhere once his contract was over. But SEE OUT YOUR CONTRACTED PERIOD SCUMBAG.

U need to read ignoramus. This u reflecting to is a sonnybill, the story but with a superleague angle to the story.

bottle

Coach
U need to read ignoramus. This u reflecting to is a sonnybill, the story but with a superleague angle to the story.

I have no idea what that even means, so if you learn to write first it would help with the reading part.

Straight to insults when someone questions your point of view. You commented on Tallis, I related my post to that.

First class f**kwit. Go give Gordie a BJ if you have such love for the traitor.

Last edited:

Puff

First Grade

Gould? Sorry did I miss something?

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
imbecile? You don't even now how to spell Dugan's name f**ktard. Gould never coached St George. What the f**k are you on about you loser?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Bit early in the day to be on the sauce isn't it?

Talking about NFI, there's at least one poster here who doesn't know who our coach was at the time.

soupnazi

Juniors
Lol to u all, Gould was the recruiter for the ARL. at the time. And didn't recognise Tallis as a first grader. He was a bench player. U geniuss are so ignorant it's not funny. I didn't say Gould was coach, and it if u all New some history regards to tallis, I wouldn't have to explain.

bottle

Coach
Hilarious, can barely put together a legible sentence, has had just some of the myriad of errors in his post pointed out to him, and yet still claims he has the knowledge.

Continue to educate us you imbecile. It's good for some light relief if nothing else.
Re history, Tallis sat out a year of a contract still in force with Saints in '96.
Super League was '97.

Starting to sink into your thick head yet?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Cat act.

Soupnazi thinks Gould was our coach in the 1990s. It was Brian Smith.

Soupie is trying to backpeddle now but he is full of it.

The story at the time was that Tallis wanted to be in the run-on side, he didn't like being on the interchange bench. It was a new concept for RL and some players thought it was like being a reserve. That is, it would give them less profile.

Tallis's ego was the real issue here. Players don't dictate to coaches, but he thought he could.

That, and the Broncos offered him a truckload of money to quit St George. It was during the whole Super League saga and part of it was the Super League Broncos wanting to destroy St George. We gave Tallis a first grade jersey playing in the Red V, we cheered for him at Kogarah, and then he becomes part of a plot to destroy St George. As a result, Tallis will be forever known as a traitor amongst fans.

I rate Tallis as the best second rower of his generation. But he didn't do the right thing by us. It's a shame, we could have used him in the 1996 grand final and who knows, he could've won a premiership with St George.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Willow, what Tallis did HAS not been done before.
He sat out a season, out of spite. He had the talent to lead Saints but refused to wait.
To top it all, he did it at a time our club and the game was vulnerable.
I have met Tallis at a social function in Pyrmont. He avoided the Saints issue as one of management. Bottom line... He screwed us big time. Thats why i cannot have him in my top player list, albeit, he is a beast.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow, what Tallis did HAS not been done before.
He sat out a season, out of spite. He had the talent to lead Saints but refused to wait.
To top it all, he did it at a time our club and the game was vulnerable.
I have met Tallis at a social function in Pyrmont. He avoided the Saints issue as one of management. Bottom line... He screwed us big time. Thats why i cannot have him in my top player list, albeit, he is a beast.
I agree.

And I'm not surprised he doesn't like being reminded of it. Years ago, at a game at QE Stadium in Brisbane, we were heckling him. 'Tallis is a wanker' was well received, he blew us a few kisses. But when the chant changed to 'Tallis is a traitor', he gave a dirty look and had a sulk.

That didn't stop stop him playing a blinder though. I separate player abilities to his treachery.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Gould story is correct, Tallis is also a c**k !
Tallis didn't leave Saints for anything Gould said. Naive to think so. Saints tried to keep him.

Every other St George player who signed to Super League came back, except for Tallis.

He said he'd never go back to Saints after "what they did to me." Alluding the to the facts that Saints refused to release him and he was forced to sit out the 1996 season.

It's also alleged that the Broncos looked after him during that year.

Country Dragon

Juniors
Tallis didn't leave Saints for anything Gould said. Naive to think so. Saints tried to keep him.

Every other St George player who signed to Super League came back, except for Tallis.

He said he'd never go back to Saints after "what they did to me." Alluding the to the facts that Saints refused to release him and he was forced to sit out the 1996 season.

He has publicly stated that he wanted to stay with his "mates", but at the negotiating table ARL ( Gus) said he wasn't a starting player and refused to match Super League's offer!

_Johnsy

Referee

I had several beers with Gordie one night @ the Paddo Tavern in Brissy. He was more than happy to tell me that Brisbane paid him very, very well to sit out that year. Absolute scum of a club. They have no morals.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
He has publicly stated that he wanted to stay with his "mates", but at the negotiating table ARL ( Gus) said he wasn't a starting player and refused to match Super League's offer!
Never heard him say that.

He was contracted for 1996. Any other offer had to be from 1997 onwards.

Tallis has regularly indicated his hate for Saints ever since.

Facts.

Country Dragon

Juniors
Never heard him say that.

He was contracted for 1996. Any other offer had to be from 1997 onwards.

Tallis has regularly indicated his hate for Saints ever since.

Facts.
Just because you didn't hear it doesn't mean it's not FACT! Interview on channel 7 a couple of years back. Contracts meant nothing before the super league shit!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Just because you didn't hear it doesn't mean it's not FACT!
LOL. Settle down. Country Dragon, I can't prove a negative for you.

Country Dragon said:
Interview on channel 7 a couple of years back. Contracts meant nothing before the super league shit!
The facts are that he he was forced to sit out a year. So obviously the contract meant something.

People say all sorts of shit in interviews.