What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Dugan

Elias1983

Coach
Yeh I hope it's not very serious, hopefully just a phase.

All help should be offered to him for sure, if this latest episode is true it just shows he is no state to play footy.

However, Dragons have their own problems to worry about at the moment and we can't afford a player like Dugan in his current state to affect the team.

A bit harsh but have a look at the dogs at the moment and the shit Barba has caused them.

broncos2010

Juniors
@2CC

Former Raider Josh Dugan involved in #Canberra pub punch up. More on the Mike Welsh Drive Show after 3 #canberra #2cc

MattYg1

Bench
Yeh I hope it's not very serious, hopefully just a phase.

All help should be offered to him for sure, if this latest episode is true it just shows he is no state to play footy.

However, Dragons have their own problems to worry about at the moment and we can't afford a player like Dugan in his current state to affect the team.

A bit harsh but have a look at the dogs at the moment and the shit Barba has caused them.

Except for the fact that no matter how much Greenberg wants to spin it the Dogs culture has been farked for a long long time now where as we on the other hand have no history of such behaviour and a reputation for zero tolerance.

I dont see the risk really - if he comes he comes with stipulations in his contract, if he breaks said stipulations he gets dumped quicker then a fat girl on a blind date...

honestly if he comes and causes shit the Dragons look the better for dumping him for his negligence.

If he doesnt cause issues and gets to playing football we win... I dont see the risk involved especially when it comes to our club.

possm

Coach
Vidot came to the Club with a history of 'troubles' and although he needed to be stood down a couple of times, he has largely positively responded to the standards set buy the Club. I see no reason why Dugan won't do the same.

Sign Dugan now and let's get him playing footy again!

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
Whether he comes here or not people should just leave the kid alone, he probably needs help and I hope he gets it somewhere somehow.

bottle

Coach
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/st-george-illawarra-dragons-may-ditch-josh-dugan-deal-following-latest-indiscretion/story-fn2mcuj6-1226624782257#.UXE-tD7W3QN
The career of troubled star Josh Dugan could be in jeopardy with St George Illawarra after he was allegedly involved in an incident at a Canberra nightspot last week.

Fairfax Media is reporting a man requires surgery to his eye region after being involved in an altercation with the former Canberra Raider last Thursday night.

It is believed the incident occurred shortly after he and Dugan attended a wake for a mutual friend.

It is understood the Dragons were poised to announce the signing of Dugan within the next 48 hours however the deal is now in jeopardy.

Should the Dragons pull the pin on this deal, it will be the second time in the space of three weeks that an off-field incident has cost him a new contract.

Dugan had a three-year contract at the Broncos torn up when he told a Canberra fan to "end yourself" on Instagram.

nrlnrl

First Grade
if this is true, walk away now Dragons, he's had too many chances & needs help

I hope for the best as a human being, because he seems to be an unreliable person at the moment & has bigger problems before he even considers playing rugby league

saint.nick

Coach
Peter Doust should sit down with the Dragons senior leadership group, which also includes Craig and Dean Young and Hornby, and discuss whether they:
a) Think it's worth taking a punt on Dugan, and
b) Whether they are 100 percent committed to helping Dugan and pushing him in the right direction like the Sharks have with Carney so far.

For me, despite his off field troubles, he seems like far too much of a talent to let go by. On his day, he's as good as anyone. If he's surrounded by a strong, disciplined culture, and absorbs it, every game will be his 'on day'

KiamaSaint

Coach
Peter Doust should sit down with the Dragons senior leadership group, which also includes Craig and Dean Young and Hornby, and discuss whether they:
b) Whether they are 100 percent committed to helping Dugan and pushing him in the right direction like the Sharks have with Carney so far.

For me, despite his off field troubles, he seems like far too much of a talent to let go by. On his day, he's as good as anyone. If he's surrounded by a strong, disciplined culture, and absorbs it, every game will be his 'on day'

By that statement do you mean, let Dugan do what his wants and cover up any misdemeanours as long as he performs on the field?

nrlnrl

First Grade

Evander Cummins is much more worthy of being a long term Dragon, terminate any talks with Josh Dugan. Sorry guys, but he is a player we can't take a risk on. We have a better prospect in Cummins, he is an unbelievable prospect. I've seen him do things on a rugby league field that only the elite players can do.

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
Evander Cummins is much more worthy of being a long term Dragon, terminate any talks with Josh Dugan. Sorry guys, but he is a player we can't take a risk on. We have a better prospect in Cummins, he is an unbelievable prospect. I've seen him do things on a rugby league field that only the elite players can do.

good point, it's just that I've been unsure how ready he is. Some people say throw him in others say give him a year or two...

nontime111

Juniors
After this latest thing Im out on Dugan too.....Id honestly be gutted if it meant Evander had to go elsewhere...not fair on the kid, hes a SUPERSTAR in the making WAY better player than Dugan and as a personal friend of mine I vouch hes a SUPERSTAR bloke also!:)

Gomarchin

Juniors
After this latest thing Im out on Dugan too.....Id honestly be gutted if it meant Evander had to go elsewhere...not fair on the kid, hes a SUPERSTAR in the making WAY better player than Dugan and as a personal friend of mine I vouch hes a SUPERSTAR bloke also!:)

But Cummins hates Wollongong and was posting this on his social media last week?

Twenty10

Juniors
Cummins needs to be perform consistently at NSW cup level for at least a full season or 2 before he's even in the running for 1st grade. Just like all apparent superstar "under 20s" players very few actually develop into the player they are built up to be.

possm

Coach
Phil Rothfield: It's hard labour for sacked Canberra Raider Josh Dugan

NOT long ago he was an NRL superstar earning more than $500,000 a season at the Canberra Raiders.

Now he's working in the nation's capital as a labourer on $40 an hour. The lime green jersey has been replaced by a white hoodie and old shorts.

Welcome to the new world of Josh Dugan.

The Sunday Telegraph found the former Blues Origin star on a building site on the outskirts of Canberra on Friday.

He was painting a new house. Earlier in the week he was lopping trees. Anything to keep up the mortgage payments.

It's a heartening sign that the former Raiders fullback is not just sitting on his backside, drinking, gambling or getting into strife on social media.

He was dumped by the Raiders when he posted a photograph of himself and Blake Ferguson having a drink on the roof of a house early last month.

Dugan would not speak to us on the advice of his player agent company SFX, but by all reports he is doing well. After a meeting at NRL headquarters, we're told Dugan is undergoing regular counselling.

He keeps himself fit by training before or after his days on building sites.

It's still uncertain when or where he will be playing his next game of rugby league.
We're hearing St George Illawarra are still favoured to get his signature, although English clubs are now showing lots of interest in him.

His manager Paul Sutton is in no hurry to do a deal and denies he was involved in a punch-up at a wake last week.. Sutton is following NRL advice and wants to be sure Dugan is ready to play before doing a deal with a club.

What Dugan is experiencing now is a lesson to all young footy players who fall off the rails.

Earning big money playing NRL is obviously more appealing than $40-an-hour odds jobs as a labourer.

Good on him for having a crack at it, but the sooner he's back playing footy the better.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...aider-josh-dugan/story-e6frexnr-1226625045438

Minh

First Grade
Could be possible that the NRL wants him to do the labouring work ^^^ as part of the rehabilitation.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Could be possible that the NRL wants him to do the labouring work ^^^ as part of the rehabilitation.

What I find amusing is that his manager has told him not to talk to the media, but I'm pretty sure his manager would have told the media he was labouring.

Slothfield, being the rocket scientist he is, then writes a nice puff piece.

FlameThrower

Bench
Well just heard on BigSportBBreakfast show this morning, that Panthers are keen in Dugan...so if we do really want this guy better start making a move, as I don'th think we are his only option as some let us to believe?