What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simpson On Open Market

cram

Bench
An article in todays Newcastle Morning Heral discusses the fact that Simpson has activated the contrat clause making him a free agent.

Whilst he is cited as saying he wants to stay in Newcastle he has also stated he would be crazy not to find out how much money is out there waiting for him.

It would appear he is after a long term contract 4 years so is after the best $$$$ he can get.

If he makes a decision based purely on $$$ I would say we can wave him goodbye.

If he is after money

Big Tim

First Grade
It just gives him bargaining power if he finds out what others will pay him.

He may not get the same from us, but it may mean he will get more than offered atm.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Big Tim said:
I still hold some hope then.....

If you said 100% all would be lost.
I'm not sure I fully understand what your saying Tim, but anyways

Big Tim

First Grade
people were 100% sure we would get Lyon....

you are only 95% so we should retain him.

Jono078

Referee
Look you cant blame him for going somewhere else if he is gonna get paid more to finish his career, you would want as much as you can before retirement I guess.

But he would be a huge loss and I hope we keep him.

Spitty

Juniors
That'd be a disaster. If '07 is to be a rebuilding year we remove one of the cornerstones of the club if we loose Simpson.

I just hope Hagan isn't in his ear, Parra are known to offer long term contracts and they've got some money to play with.

macavity

Referee
if simmo signs with parra hages should be walked off the premises and sued for breach of duty. Lowrie is bad enough.

cram

Bench
He should have been walked off the premises the day he agreed to terms with Parra. It was a joke he was allowed to stay with the club.

Alex28

Coach
Lets not worry people - R&BK has "suggested" in a previous post that he is already signed and there is nothing to worry about!

CJKnight

Juniors
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Only 3 Backrowers have the work effort of Simpson: Menzies, Kennedy, and Hindmarsh. It would be drastic to lose him.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Jono078 said:
Look you cant blame him for going somewhere else if he is gonna get paid more to finish his career, you would want as much as you can before retirement I guess.

But he would be a huge loss and I hope we keep him.

Hang on, hes not that old! Hes only 27 i think. Thats a fwe good years yet. Bit early to think of that.

Come on Steve, just stay mate...staaaayyy.

Nuffy

Bench
RBK

What about him being "signed".

I hate to say it but hes as good as gone.

Well done Knights, you had your chance to sign him prior to the activation and yet again procrastinated.

If Crowe is fair dinkum he'd resign if Simmo leaves/

Misanthrope

Staff member
if simmo signs with parra hages should be walked off the premises and sued for breach of duty. Lowrie is bad enough.

I'm still stunned he's lasted this long. The man hasn't done anything to justify being employed as a first grade coach since 2002.

RABK

Referee
Nuffy said:
RBK

What about him being "signed".

I hate to say it but hes as good as gone.

Well done Knights, you had your chance to sign him prior to the activation and yet again procrastinated.

If Crowe is fair dinkum he'd resign if Simmo leaves/

Were you on the ground crying like a little bitch at 11.59pm on december the 31st, 1999 by any chance?

Latest posts