What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simpson On Open Market

reladith

Juniors
If he does go i have no problems. He has been one chicken feed for the last few years as the misguided knight board throw wads of cash the way of Reynaldson and Perry et al.

He deserves a 300k contract and if he gets it at Parra good on him! thanks for the efforts you have put in Simmo! Your'e a champion player but most importanlty a champion bloke!

Nuffy

Bench
RBK

Bit thin skinned methinks!

Mate, you were the bloke that stated he was signed, not me.

If hes signed, as you claim based on YOUR inside knowledge, why all the media print and quotes from his manager about testing his worth.

When I raised this issue you tried to dismiss me citing your inside knowledge.

It seems the deal is far from done, but you know better of course!

RABK

Referee
Nuffy said:
RBK

Bit thin skinned methinks!

Mate, you were the bloke that stated he was signed, not me.

If hes signed, as you claim based on YOUR inside knowledge, why all the media print and quotes from his manager about testing his worth.

When I raised this issue you tried to dismiss me citing your inside knowledge.

It seems the deal is far from done, but you know better of course!

Where did i state Steve Simpson was signed?

Inside knowledge, who said?

Pulling things from your ass.

RABK

Referee
Won't stop them, I imagine Mr Nuffy will declare armageddon anyway.

Deadset, i think if he broke a nail he'd call his mum for 2 hours to complain and somehow blame it on Knights management.

Red and Blue Knight said:

Deadset, i think if he broke a nail he'd call his mum for 2 hours to complain and somehow blame it on Knights management.

:lol: :lol:

cram

Bench
Now now children try to behave or you will be put into the naughty corner and no posting will be allowed till you learn to play nice...

the article in the SMH that I posted this morning is a bit more positive.

My humble opion is that he will probably stay but will screw the Knights big time for dollars and I have no opinion as to whether that is a good or bad thing....

At the end of the day stay or go life goes on and the team runs on the paddock...

Johns Magic

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:

Quickly followed by yet another letter :lol:

James_Hardie

Juniors
Surely if Newcastle had the extra cash to make an offer for Lyon, they have sufficent lying around to re-sign Simpson?

Simmo has clearly stated he wants to test his value. He simply doesn't want the knights ripping him off financially. Only 2 or 3 clubs have the dosh to afford him and Parramatta are a club in tatters at the moment. If he goes it will be a surprise, but life goes on. No point blaming Perry or anyone else. Perry is on a small contract at the club compared to what he could have earnt elsewhere. My guess, and it is only that, is that Smith will look to next season as a chance to sign available players from other clubs. I think they learnt from the Kirk Reynoldson saga about signing players in a panic. Ironically it was Smith who let him go from Parra I believe.

Roy

Juniors
Simpson's manager, George Mimis, will meet Newcastle today to discuss his client's future.

The New South Wales second rower became a free agent when he played in Wednesday night's Origin decider in Melbourne - his sixth interstate game in the past two years.

That activated a clause in his contract which allowed him to negotiate a new deal.

"He's had lots of expressions of interest, probably half a dozen (clubs)," Mimis said.

"His key goal is to try to do a new deal with the Knights."

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19718524-23214,00.html

Burwood

Bench
I'm getting a bit disappointed with how Simpson- not the club- are handling this matter. It seems as though Simpson was always going to wait until 30 June to test his value on the open market and had no intentions of signing with the club beforehand, regardless of their offer. Surely he and his manager would have a good indication of what his value is without having to go on the market.

He is a very important member of the Newcastle team and deserves to be on a better contract, but it is a bit disheartening when you hear a guy like Simpson declare that he is interested in any offers from Rugby Union- the club and fans deserve better then him trying to jack up his next contract with these sort of tactics. Hopefully the matter is resolved within the week.

chinorocks

Juniors
Just heard a guy on the radio (Hadleys show) ring in claiming Manly are CERTAINTIES to sign Simmo.

Where the hell are manly getting all this cash in the last 3 years they've signed:

Kennedy
Kite
Bell
Orford
Lyon

None of them would have been cheap.

Cletus

First Grade
Bicey_18 said:
in the manly forums it says they got simmo...... surely thats bs

That post has dissapeared into the ether for some mysterious reason:? . Yeah I'm surprised we have that much cash, but he'd be a nice replacement for BK.

Latest posts