What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths dump Galuvao to QLD Cup

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
Whether you think its right or not souths have 2 feeder clubs one in NSW and one in QLD.
If they choose to send a player to QLD that is their choice.

If Souths were to send Beau Champion (for example) up there for 2 months no one would say a word however since it is common knowledge that Souths would prefer to cut ties with Joe its now a big deal. Hes still being paid double what he is worth and yes that is Souths fault but he also needs to take some responsibilty for the JOB he is doing (remember we pay him to play a game) If he played well he would be in firsts and if not premier.

ucantseeme

Juniors
And aren't we admitting defeat by showing the hole rugby league world that we paid overs for a man who isn't good enough to play PL!!!

HAHAHAHAHHAAHHA.....THAT'S GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol:

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
The Reason big joe is now playing Qld cup, is not because he is not good enough for PL - its becoz they want to get rid of him.

He should be playing FG - most of the people saying he's crap purely because he is in PL, when clearly he has deserved a call-up and deserved to stay in the team, especially with injuries and suspensions.

While is getting paid a shiat load, he has not being given the chance this season to have a fair go and the clubs actions right from the start of the season have done everything in their power for him to play worse.

Big Joe needs a lawyer. Maybe the same guy who got russ for throwing the fone.

I wonder how Asotasi and Kidwell feel with their fellow kiwi being shiat on like that. Surely theres some disharmony.

Somebody is going to get a serious bargain - if there playing him in QLD, sounds like they'll take any offer.

Clubs might pay 100,000 and souths top its up.

mean_maori_mean said:

Well thats win/win for Joe and the club that picks him up. He's kind of in the Puletua basket for me, not been at his peak for a year or two now but might flourish under some new direction.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Sounds like a Danny Weidler special too mee, In fact I think it is worthy of a small portion of 20/20.

Until this ordeal Souths were my third favourite team.

Joe was clearly playing good enough for PL at the start of the season and some were calling for him to be brought in first grade - where he was not out of place, not if you compared each player to their own merits rather than their salary.

How can you blame joe for playing crap?? They've treated like him crap since the start of the season - mysteriously they dont wont him to play crap, instead on wanting to play good and actually have a chance of offloading him.

Pay him $350,000 and he can come back and play for the Manurewa Marlins in Aucklands Fox memorial.

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
mean_maori_mean said:
He should be playing FG - most of the people saying he's crap purely because he is in PL, when clearly he has deserved a call-up and deserved to stay in the team, especially with injuries and suspensions.

Who do you think we should leave out to accomodate Joe in firsts??

Widders...... ball player who has a kicking game and can break the line
Fa'alogo...... Current Kiwi 2nd rower and one of the best every week for the bunnies
Stuart......... Having a great year and can run the ball up hard and tackle harder
Lowe.......... If theres a fight we know we can at least win that with him
Manese...... Great young prop with a big future
Rigon......... Can move into most postions on the field and great in defence.

Rocky Rabbit said:
Who do you think we should leave out to accomodate Joe in firsts??

Widders...... ball player who has a kicking game and can break the line
Fa'alogo...... Current Kiwi 2nd rower and one of the best every week for the bunnies
Stuart......... Having a great year and can run the ball up hard and tackle harder
Lowe.......... If theres a fight we know we can at least win that with him
Manese...... Great young prop with a big future
Rigon......... Can move into most postions on the field and great in defence.

Umm Lowe, Manese or Rigon. Take your pick

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
How about I just say what your saying

Galuvao - tree trunks as legs, former Dailly M Second-rower of the year, Former kiwi international

I said he should be playing firsts how can you rate him against these players when he hasnt been playing much in FG.
He should at least be in the mix.

Agree with Fa'alogo is think he's their best player along with asotasi.

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
as you've said he is a FORMER great player.

Dont get me wrong his form in 2003 was outstanding but of late he hasnt been the player he should be.

Ive seen most of his games for souths since joing and to be honest he will only put in for 20 minutes. The other players ive mentioned always put in and sometimes play like their careers depend on it.

Ice777

Bench
:lol: @ deluded Souths fans trying to justify their clubs actions by saying Joe isn't even good enough for premier league. Even a pea brain can see that the only reason why they're shipping him off to Queensland is so he'll get jack of it and he'll leave.

You can sugarcoat it all you like but no matter how much you do he's just being treated like utter sh*t. I'm all for Souths going forward and moving in the direction they are. But at the same time they don't have to lose their heart and soul in doing so.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
mean_maori_mean said:
The Reason big joe is now playing Qld cup, is not because he is not good enough for PL - its becoz they want to get rid of him.

While is getting paid a shiat load, he has not being given the chance this season to have a fair go and the clubs actions right from the start of the season have done everything in their power for him to play worse.

Big Joe needs a lawyer. Maybe the same guy who got russ for throwing the fone.

I wonder how Asotasi and Kidwell feel with their fellow kiwi being shiat on like that. Surely theres some disharmony.

Somebody is going to get a serious bargain - if there playing him in QLD, sounds like they'll take any offer.

How do you know that he is playing well enough to play FG? At the start of the year he was solid in PL and got the call, was useless and therefore dropped again. He has been going so ordinary that he has actually been coming off the bench in PL. So mate get your facts straight, he has not been playing anywhere near well enough.

I have heard some ridiculous things on this forum but some of the comments and the general attitude on this thread takes the cake. One ignorant imbecile even said that the club was forcing him to live in a roach infested motel or someting to that effect. He earns $7000 a week, he could stay in the penthouse at the Hilton if he wanted!

The vast majority of you have an issue with Souths and that is fine, but it is affecting your ability to look at this situation objectively. We have two feeder club arrangements, therefore at any given time you may be required to turn out for either of those teams. We have a lot of junior talent coming through, why would we send an 18 year old to Qld to play in an inferior competition than the one they can play in here? At the moment Joe is simply getting in the road of a young kid with his entire footy career ahead of him. He is not in the clubs plans but Brisbane Easts want him, so therefore he will play with them. This type of thing happens all the time at clubs and Joe is digging his feet in and good on him, he is entitled to do it. But as an employee of our club he is required to play where he is told.

Was there this outrage when Hannay was demoted to Gymea? No way. Why I ask? Because it wasn't a Souths player. Mind you, I knew we would be in for the hysterics when I heard about it last night.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Ice777 said:
:lol: @ deluded Souths fans trying to justify their clubs actions by saying Joe isn't even good enough for premier league. Even a pea brain can see that the only reason why they're shipping him off to Queensland is so he'll get jack of it and he'll leave.

You can sugarcoat it all you like but no matter how much you do he's just being treated like utter sh*t. I'm all for Souths going forward and moving in the direction they are. But at the same time they don't have to lose their heart and soul in doing so.

He is a 29 year old broken down back-rower. He hasn't been sighted for 12 months yet now he should be playing first grade. We have a lot of young kids coming through, he is playing like sh*t and is simply getting in the way. Brisbane Easts want him and that is where he will play. FMD you would think it was Bradley Clyde we are talking about.

S.S.T.I.D said:
He is a 29 year old broken down back-rower. He hasn't been sighted for 12 months yet now he should be playing first grade. We have a lot of young kids coming through, he is playing like sh*t and is simply getting in the way. Brisbane Easts want him and that is where he will play. FMD you would think it was Bradley Clyde we are talking about.

keep telling yourself that pal

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
S.S.T.I.D said:
How do you know that he is playing well enough to play FG? At the start of the year he was solid in PL and got the call, was useless and therefore dropped again. He has been going so ordinary that he has actually been coming off the bench in PL. So mate get your facts straight, he has not been playing anywhere near well enough.

I have heard some ridiculous things on this forum but some of the comments and the general attitude on this thread takes the cake. One ignorant imbecile even said that the club was forcing him to live in a roach infested motel or someting to that effect. He earns $7000 a week, he could stay in the penthouse at the Hilton if he wanted!

The vast majority of you have an issue with Souths and that is fine, but it is affecting your ability to look at this situation objectively. We have two feeder club arrangements, therefore at any given time you may be required to turn out for either of those teams. We have a lot of junior talent coming through, why would we send an 18 year old to Qld to play in an inferior competition than the one they can play in here? At the moment Joe is simply getting in the road of a young kid with his entire footy career ahead of him. He is not in the clubs plans but Brisbane Easts want him, so therefore he will play with them. This type of thing happens all the time at clubs and Joe is digging his feet in and good on him, he is entitled to do it. But as an employee of our club he is required to play where he is told.

Was there this outrage when Hannay was demoted to Gymea? No way. Why I ask? Because it wasn't a Souths player. Mind you, I knew we would be in for the hysterics when I heard about it last night.

Mate didnt have anything against souths previously, I'm a kiwi so naturally behind tigers and warriors, I support them.

But your treating him like shiat . . .
when you get injuries, and you will in the run for the finals, are you going to fly joe back to fill in or are you going to play these '18 Year olds' straight from flegg.
These young players will have the 'premier' competition next year anyway.

Cant believe all of you souths supported are supporting the clubs moves ??? Are any of you's disgusted.

Sugar

Bench
Wheelsy said:
I blame WorkChoices.
I blame Richo for it.
Phac and the coaching staff have decided that Joe is not wanted, So on your bike Joe.We are still paying for GP's and Co's mistakes

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
mean_maori_mean said:
Mate didnt have anything against souths previously, I'm a kiwi so naturally behind tigers and warriors, I support them.

when you get injuries, and you will in the run for the finals, are you going to fly joe back to fill in or are you going to play these '18 Year olds' straight from flegg.

Cant believe all of you souths supported are supporting the clubs moves ??? Are any of you's disgusted.

Yes we would, as was the case this weekend with McPherson getting the nod (he isn't 18 though, but 21) and Ed Pettybourne has been the 18th man a few times (he is 18 or 19). Galuvao isn't playing anywhere near the level of these kids. Point blank.

yobbo84

Coach
mean_maori_mean said:

Galuvao has been constantly outshone in PL by guys like Pettybourne, McPherson, Geddes, Manuokafoa, etc. Pettybourne in particular is a young representative second rower with the world at his feet. Hell even Jardine Babongie has been going better.

yobbo84

Coach
S.S.T.I.D said:
Yes we would, as was the case this weekend with McPherson getting the nod (he isn't 18 though, but 21) and Ed Pettybourne has been the 18th man a few times (he is 18 or 19). Galuvao isn't playing anywhere near the level of these kids. Point blank.

Beat me to it.