What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

souths please sign james roberts

alien

Referee
I'ts been over 23 yrs since the stomach tumour--the surgeon at RPA cut it out & informed me I was cured of that straight away!
2005 since the lung lymphoma was removed at RPA[+ some chemo];the size of a grape-fruit & had no idea that I had it--I had a scan recently & all's fine;apparently.Will have a scan annually for peace of mind.
The cancer is closely related to leukaemia & thankfully reasonably treatable.

My worst problem is old age creeping on--but we all have to get there;just at different times in history!
I'ts you blokes on here that keep me going along with my horde of kids,grandkids & great g/kids!!

g'day doyen. i'm just wondering if you have heard of "dr sebi"? he has been on tv. he is a natural healer and master herbalist. if you're interested you can find him on youtube.

doyen

Bench
g'day doyen. i'm just wondering if you have heard of "dr sebi"? he has been on tv. he is a natural healer and master herbalist. if you're interested you can find him on youtube.

No--I haven't heard of Dr.Sebi!!

We used to have a dog called Sebby!! The poor bastard got squashed!

Maybe he's been reincarnated as a Doctor--thanks mate;will definitely check that out!

alien

Referee
No--I haven't heard of Dr.Sebi!!

We used to have a dog called Sebby!!
The poor bastard got squashed!

Maybe he's been reincarnated as a Doctor--thanks mate;will definitely check that out!

haha it's meant to be that you check him out then! :)

sorry about sebby getting squashed though! :(

alien

Referee
December 18, 2015 - 9:00pm
Travis Meyn - The Courier-Mail

JAMES Roberts would have to sacrifice $300,000 to chase an NRL premiership under Wayne Bennett at the Broncos.

The Broncos are willing to offer Roberts about $250,000 a season over two years if he decides to join the club.

The Dragons are the only club to have made Roberts a formal offer, tabling a $400,000-a-season two-year deal.

Roberts is keen to make a decision before Christmas and his adviser, Jeremy Donovan, will meet Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire in Sydney today.

Bennett is keen to bring Roberts to Red Hill but is not willing to break the bank for the fastest man in the NRL.

The 22-year-old would likely be taking a pay cut from the $275,000-a-year contract he had at the Gold Coast, which was ruled void after a signature was forged on it.

The Broncos are hoping Roberts can see past a potential drop in salary.

Playing under seven-time premiership-winning coach Bennett could take Roberts’ game to the next level while the Broncos are an incredibly successful and stable club.

Roberts also enjoys living in Queensland after spending the early years of his career at South Sydney and Penrith.

6430faa7ad7c281be1221e9ae42a55f6

James Roberts is one of the game’s most exciting stars.

The Broncos went within seconds of winning this year’s grand final and will field practically the same team next year, minus retired centre Justin Hodges who Roberts would replace.

“The Broncos have maintained they’re keen,” Donovan said. “They’ve said they’d love James but he’d have to make a decision.

“James knows what the Broncos look like in terms of their leadership. He’s evaluating all of those perspectives.

“It’ll come down to how he feels about it all.”

If Roberts decides to join the Broncos it would trigger a chain reaction at Red Hill.

bf1d63c159c31b6831b2c03df82c3d8a

Roberts could force Dale Copley (pictured) out of the Broncos. Picture: Annette Dew

Dale Copley is under pressure to stay at the club but the Titans are ready to pounce on the centre if he is forced out.

Copley, who has played 72 NRL games in six-and-a-half seasons, is contracted until the end of 2016 but the Gold Coast has earmarked him as a potential recruitment target.

Roberts received interest from a European rugby club but will spend the weekend deciding where his NRL future lies.

“James wants some time with his partner to work out what they want to do and where they want to go,” Donovan said.

“He’s taking some time to make the decision for himself. It’s really up to James right now.

“He wants to consider everything. We’re evaluating it all.”

Roberts was this week named in the Indigenous All Stars team for the first time.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Alien I just watched your link of the GF highlights again:)

Surely Roberts wouldn't go to Brisbane for 250k a season.

I'd be shocked if he does.

I wonder what Souths have offered???

Maybe for 2016 350k and 2017 450k. I'm only guessing.

Pommy

Coach
He likes the Gold Coast but not Brisbane and he's happy to come back home too.

Where has he said this? I'm by no means an expert on Australian geography but isn't Gold Coast to Brisbane commutable?

Last edited:

Latest posts