What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths sign ?????????

paulp

Juniors
Real Rabbitohs Announce Signing of Joe Galuvao

The Real Rabbitohs have announced today the signing of marquee second-row forward Joe Galuvao for the next three seasons.

Galuvao, 27, was rated one of the best second-rowers in the world in 2003 when he led his current club, the Penrith Panthers, to the NRL premiership title.

The New Zealand representative, who stands 180cm and weighs in at 105kg, will join the Rabbitohs in 2006 on a three-year deal, replacing Bryan Fletcher in the second row.

“Joe is a fantastic player and is a welcome addition to our forward pack in 2006,” South Sydney CEO Shane Richardson said today.

“Not only is Joe a wonderful player, he is also a wonderful person and developed into a leader at the Panthers. He will be a leader at Souths.”

Galuvao is looking forward to a new start with the Rabbitohs.

“I’m disappointed that I have to leave Penrith however I am now looking forward to starting fresh at the Rabbitohs,” Galuvao said.

“I was part of a Penrith team that climbed from the bottom to win the competition and I’m sure we will do the same at the Rabbitohs from 2006.”

Jordan

Juniors
That's a good signing, providing he stays fit... He was one of the major reasons why Penrith won the comp in 2003, so if he can stay injury free he'll be great for the Bunnies.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Orford could still pilot a decent side. Gulavao and Mini would be 2/3rds of a bloody good backrow.