What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths v NZ Warriors Match Thread *spoilers*

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Prodigiousman said:
quick history lesson...

Parramatta 74 def Cronulla 4, 2003
Cronulla 68 def Manly 6, 2005
Newcastle 70 def Canberra 32, 2006

Cronulla were robbed that day and it should not be included with these other hammerings.

Mr Saab

Referee
Cowboys2006 said:
in the aopst 10 years what is the best position south have finished

Relative to teams in the comp it would be 1999. 10th place out of 17
10 wins
14 losses

Iafeta

Referee
First, the crowd was 6,500, and I don't think it was a beat up. That was a fair and accurate crowd. For those bagging people for leaving, most of those South Sydney fans stayed to the bitter end, so I give them massive kudos. The spirit of the game at the ground was fine. So for those who want to bag out those fans who did turn up, go screw yourselves.

Second, the Warriors played incredibly good football. Basic, well drilled football. Credit where credits due. They didn't switch off, they had pride in their line, they completed their sets.

Third, Souths do need to hit the tackling bag, and hard.

Price is a gun, absolute gun. He kills it week in week out for the Warriors.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Timmah said:
South Sydney aren't a one-off case Warrick. They have performed below standard and haven't made a final series in over a decade, possibly two now I think.

I don't know what, but surely something can be done.

They were minor premiers in 1989, they fell apart in 1990, finishing with the wooden spoon. The rest is history ..

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Just on the crowd. I'm not going to bag the people who showed up. I just think it's a pretty sorry state of affairs, when free tickets are given out to anyone with a NZ passport and only near 6,500 people show up.

Where were the 10,000 free-loaders who snapped up the finals tickets a few years back??? That really is piss poor, the NRL should look long and hard in to that one. I could not believe it.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
brooksy19 said:
I don't understand how you Rugby League 'supporters' can laugh and enjoy this.

I'm a RL supporter and I both laughed and enjoyed it. You see, my team beat another team by 66 points, what's not to enjoy???

Nightstalker

Juniors
Naturally if you are a Warriors fan you would be overjoyed with this victory. On that note congrats! You have done well to keep a positive attitude despite starting on -4 at the beginning of the season.

Souths supporters try to keep your heads up.
You have made some quality signings for next year and management has changed so it will take time for things to settle down.

Crowds are a major concern though... but how many people are gunna dish out money to watch a struggling team? It sucks but its true unfortunately. Once you start having success on the park the crowds will return.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Nightstalker said:
Naturally if you are a Warriors fan you would be overjoyed with this victory. On that note congrats! You have done well to keep a positive attitude despite starting on -4 at the beginning of the season.

Souths supporters try to keep your heads up.
You have made some quality signings for next year and management has changed so it will take time for things to settle down.

Crowds are a major concern though... but how many people are gunna dish out money to watch a struggling team? It sucks but its true unfortunately. Once you start having success on the park the crowds will return.

Warriors and Rabbitohs are in the same boat in regards to crowd numbers

*Paul*

Juniors
15 years in a row without making the semis, a record made worse by how many finalists we have now.

The alltime record is Penrith, who took 18 seasons to make the finals, and Norths, who missed out 16 times in a row 1966-1981.

Bumble

First Grade
I'm just completely desensitized to this team right now.

Thank god the World Cup is more important to me than the NRL.

Nightstalker

Juniors
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
Warriors and Rabbitohs are in the same boat in regards to crowd numbers

Not sure on the crowd stats for the Warriors the past few years, but could their crowd figures be down in 2006 because of the points adjustment at the beginning of the year?

Just asking because after reading various RL forums on the adjustment, it appeared many fans had written off the Warriors chances of making the 8 for 2006.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
Exactly Nightstalker

surely we should get a decent crowd this week against the Panthers, especially with the All Blacks having the week off

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Yep I think that's the mainstay of it Nightstalker, but as most of us know that league isn't that much of a high profile thing in Auckland. Yes Ii admit alot of Aucklanders are rather fickele when it comes to footy, ask them about it and the closets you get is them talking about the AB's. Fair enough. Also I think because people don't always have the money to spend, time and so on and the fact some enjoy sitting at home watching more often