What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Zoidberg

First Grade
Rogue One cannot come close to how cool I imagine it will be in my mind.

Hope we get a trailer soon to get a feel for it.

Aragorn

First Grade
hmm. seems like rather than making Darth more personable, they've gone for making him more "brutal". Just real bad ass (hopefully not a prick) so he lives up to his legend is what they're saying.

I'm ok with that.

Using the force to hold up human shields. Basically what everyone used to do in all the Jedi Knight games... :lol:

Looking forward to Rogue One. A good opportunity to get away from the Star Wars "feel" for this one.

Aragorn

First Grade
Yeah, agree. Old Darth has built up a bit of a wussy reputation over the years. Especially with the epic failure of those pre-equals. Time to restore order and his rightful place as the most villianous character in the history of cinema.

adamkungl

Immortal
Yeah, agree. Old Darth has built up a bit of a wussy reputation over the years. Especially with the epic failure of those pre-equals. Time to restore order and his rightful place as the most villianous character in the history of cinema.

Meh. That's never really been his story imo, even before the prequels made Anakin a total loser.

More violent Star Wars doesn't sound all that appealing to me, and I suspect it won't eventuate given the merch target audience

Aragorn

First Grade
Darth was bad ass (I thought) in NH and ESB.. He turned soft, I agree to that in ESB.

The most villainous character in cinematic history. That's should be his story.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Most villainous in the history of cinema? Dont think so

Agree with kungl on this one. There will be better effects but there wont be any more violence than Ep3 or Ep7. SW is still a franchise targeted at kids and the content will reflect that

Aragorn

First Grade
Most villainous in the history of cinema? Dont think so

Agree with kungl on this one. There will be better effects but there wont be any more violence than Ep3 or Ep7. SW is still a franchise targeted at kids and the content will reflect that

mate, he's in the top 3,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFI%27s_100_Years...100_Heroes_%26_Villains

and given Hannibal Lecter and Norman Bates are R rated villians, that would make Darth #1 for all target PG audiences....and therefore the most villianious character in cinematic history....

Aragorn

First Grade
I'd also add, it doesn't have to be about more violence, especially when targeting a general audience and kids. Darth can be darker by being more intimidating, more angry and more powerful that previous films. Scenes where people are pleading for his forgiveness but he won't forgive and does his finger trick to snap their neck. That would be bad ass.

Bazal

Post Whore
There are two Vader stories I always wanted to see....the first being the story of how he went from being the tortured and weak Anakin to the most feared man in the galaxy, which Rogue One has the chance to at least partly tell. Make him a genuine menace, make him wrathful and murderous and callous and just plain evil. Show us the Vader that terrified the alliance, not just the henchman we got in the original three (as great as they were)

The second is a depiction of how Vader started to doubt the empire, the dark side and the emperor...why he ultimately gave in to Anakin again and died saving his son. I think that would be really interesting...don't know that we'll ever see that though

Bazal

Post Whore
Anakin only turned to save his family. So meeting Luke removes all need for that second story.

Well no, he turned because he was flawed and insecure, so he lusted after power and importance and Palpatine played him like a flute..his family was just part of Palpatines method in turning him.

As Vader, hes still ruthless and ever hungry for power and influence, he's had years of nothing but corruptive Sith training and generally being an evil dude and hes basically brainwashed by Palpatine...maybe realising his children were alive started the rot so to speak, but it's not powerful enough to be the sole reason he broke away from the dark side. IMO anyway. There's definitely the potential for more character exploration betwen Empire and Jedi. But like i said, I doubt we'll ever see it anyway

LESStar58

Referee
Don't forget that Vader tried to turn Luke as part of his plan to overthrow Palpatine. The Emperor also wanted Luke to kill Vader and take his place. The Sith were always trying to f**k each other over. Think Palpatine killing Plagueis.

vvvrulz

Coach
Darth was bad ass (I thought) in NH and ESB.. He turned soft, I agree to that in ESB.

The most villainous character in cinematic history. That's should be his story.

There is no question about Darth Vadar's immense popularity and screen presence, but like Boba Fett he's a bit of a cult villain imo (on a much larger scale of course).

As a pure villain he actually achieved pretty much f*k all and there wasn't anything particularly profound about his character arc (although it should have been, blame the prequels).

Walt Flanigan

Referee
a97nZbL_700b.jpg