What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting 17 for 2012 ?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Miller hasn't even been given a proper go in FG and when he does get one he will prove go be a much better halfback than Moltzen, who doesn't even do any general play kicking when he wears #7.

Vic Mackey

Referee
the days of halfbacks and five eighths went out years ago.

now you have a left half and a right half.

we are one of the only clubs where the halves are allowed to wander a bit, but still most of the time benji is on the left and lui was on the right

Tigers Tale

Juniors
For those who have seen Tedesco play, is he ready for first grade? Sadly I have never seen him play but I value the opinions of those who have. Same with Miller, I have seen some of his games on television and the limited first grade he got last year and I like him.

My reasoning being, the Bronco's brought in some very young players (more through necessity I suppose) and they have turned out to be very good. I tend to work on the old theory if they are good enough they are old enough (ah la Brasher). It is obvious we are struggling at half and fullback so would these two be serious contenders?

I know what ever we say ultimately means little to Sheens selections, but I would be keen to know others thoughts on these two being brought in at this age...particularly Tedesco.

It seems Brown is still on the outer and Moltzen will probably be half this year. How long term is the big question, I think if we had a stable half Moltzen would be a very good 14 as I feel he has too many limitations to be a genuine half ie long kicking and building pressure etc.

I like the thought of getting these two into the team so some other team doesn't get their hooks into them...if they are as good as we think, at their age we should start building around them.

blackandwhite

Juniors
For those who have seen Tedesco play, is he ready for first grade?

Tedesco will get a run in the trials just like Mullaney did.
We will have to wait and see how he goes in the trials but I would say Sheens will give him a taste of NRL in 2012 like he has done previously with others like Simona Miller Groat etc and then its up to him.

Is he ready ? I don't think so... but then I didn't even think Tedesco was ready for NYC yet he made the transition with remarkable ease and ended up with the coaches award for the year.

eyeofthetiger

Juniors
What about Dane Chisholm on the bench ? is he a confirmed signing? can play anywhere in the backs & would be a handy sub for Farah.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Lately we have signed (and re-signed) a few players capable of playing half. I am guessing Moltzen will be first chance but whether he is the best half we have is questionable at best. We continually get utility players on the books (Chisolm, Humble & Moltzen) who can capably play half but are not genuine number 7's.

What are peoples thoughts on who should get the gig for 2012? I am interested in knowing what you think as I have a few mates that think Chisolm should be given first crack.

YA!D

Juniors
1. Brown
2. Ryan/Grant
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Tuqiri
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Ellis
12. Blair
13. Heighington

14. Grant/Ryan
15. Fulton
16. Bell
17. Groat

Do not rate Reddy at all, was simply signed for being "the back-up for the back-up".

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chisholm played some first grade this year. I saw him play most of the 2010 season in NSW Cup and he has the ability to create something out of nothing, whether its by his pace, step or ability to pass the ball very late.

I'm inclined to go with
1 - Brown
2 - Tuqiri
3 - Ayshford
4 - Lawrence
5 - Ryan
6 - Marshall
7 - Moltzen
8 - Woods
9 - Farah
10 - Galloway
11 - Ellis
12 - Blair
13 - Heighington

14 - Fulton
15 - Bell
16 - Groat
17 - Chisholm

Bench
1. Brown
2. Ryan/Grant
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Tuqiri
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Ellis
12. Blair
13. Heighington

14. Grant/Ryan
15. Fulton
16. Bell
17. Groat

Do not rate Reddy at all, was simply signed for being "the back-up for the back-up".
You will eat a big serve of humble pie,Reddy carried grothe in defence for years,he can catch and runs hard,would be an ideal 1 for us until Tedesco is dare I say ready.
Reddy is a genuine 1st grader,he will be very handy next season.

Minotaur

Juniors
I think it's going to be a lottery what Sheensy decides but here is my take on the team:

1. Moltzen
2. Tuquiri
3. Lawrence
4. Ayshford
5. Reddy
6. Marshall
7. Miller
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Ellis
12. Blair
13. Heighington

14. Ryan
15. Groat
16. Bell
17. Fulton

blackandwhite

Juniors
You will eat a big serve of humble pie,Reddy carried grothe in defence for years,he can catch and runs hard,would be an ideal 1 for us until Tedesco is dare I say ready.

Agree Reddy is killing it in pre season training so is Tedesco Miller Moltzen and Ryan.

Ayshford running last.

Agree Reddy is killing it in pre season training so is Tedesco Miller Moltzen and Ryan.

Ayshford running last.

Any word on how Grant is going?

Is young Sironen training with the NRL squad or did he have surgery? Is the young fijian winger Koabaite training with the NRL squad, for mine he will play first grade this year and is a lot better than Sioma.

I think both Tedesco and Sironen will be good first graders but may need another year in the 20s.

Stagger eel

Staff member

mate that's one of the biggest myths of all time, Reddy was the real problem as his lateral movement was shit and continually sucked Guru in, infact reddy was exposed last year without the aid of guru outside of him and there were several, i mean several tries scored against him on his side due to his continued f**k ups in defence..

if he makes your side (and i don't expect him to at full strength) than there's a real deficiency in your side.

blackandwhite

Juniors
Any word on how Grant is going?

Is young Sironen training with the NRL squad or did he have surgery? Is the young fijian winger Koabaite training with the NRL squad, for mine he will play first grade this year and is a lot better than Sioma.

I think both Tedesco and Sironen will be good first graders but may need another year in the 20s.

Grant - Not going too good lacks a lot of the basic skills.

Sironen - Had surgery back in the New Year.

Koroibete - Is training with the top squad will be a powerhouse in years to come.

Tedesco and Sironen will both play NYC and be in the NRL fulltime squad in 2013.

Latest posts