What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stat leaders 2007 - Rnd 12

Bazal

Post Whore
Dodger said:
That's another of my problems... why would El Masri have weighed in on Origin speculation if he only offered goalkicking? He's a solid winger with a sensational strike rate - the top tryscorer in Bulldogs history.

Errr...cos our best goalkicker is Jamie-f**king-Lyon? That's why he didn't get picked, they weighed up his pros and cons and realised he is not up to Origin standard...too small, too slow, too immobile for a guy who is supposed to be a winger. QLDs big backs would annihilate him...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Y2Eel said:
Just checked and yep your the only one rating hazem a chance for origin 2 you still prolly think he has a chance for origin 1...
Firstly I'm sure you meant SOO3, not 1.

So he wasn't considered for Origin I? I don't recall specifically saying it was Origin II above, can you quote me?

Hate to say it but NSW Selector Bob McCarthy and the News Ltd media at the very lease rated him much more than I did.

Luke Burt was never in contention.

Timmah

Staff member
Bazal said:
Errr...cos our best goalkicker is Jamie-f**king-Lyon? That's why he didn't get picked, they weighed up his pros and cons and realised he is not up to Origin standard...too small, too slow, too immobile for a guy who is supposed to be a winger. QLDs big backs would annihilate him...
Like they annhilated Lyon in SOO I?

Bazal

Post Whore
Dodger said:
Like they annhilated Lyon in SOO I?

Yes, exactly as spectacularly as they showed him up...Imagine both of them on the same side...carnage.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Dodger said:
Firstly I'm sure you meant SOO3, not 1.

So he wasn't considered for Origin I? I don't recall specifically saying it was Origin II above, can you quote me?

Hate to say it but NSW Selector Bob McCarthy and the News Ltd media at the very lease rated him much more than I did.

Luke Burt was never in contention.

No i ment 1...

Quote you on? you having Hazem in your SOO side?

They also rated Bloody Orford a chance.. MATT BLOODY ORFORD A CHANCE FOR SOO :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
No, they consistently and belligerently promoted the idea of Mullen, and they tooted their own horn about it, not much about Orford.

As for Hazem, BOB MCCARTHY was quoted champ... are you really that blind? You can quote me on having him in the side, I believe he deserved selection.

When was Luke Burt ever in contention.

Bazal said:
Yes, exactly as spectacularly as they showed him up...Imagine both of them on the same side...carnage.
:lol: The idea was to turf Mr Lyon and bring Matt King into the centres champ - I'm not that stupid ;-)

Bazal

Post Whore
Dodger said:
No, they consistently and belligerently promoted the idea of Mullen, and they tooted their own horn about it, not much about Orford.

As for Hazem, BOB MCCARTHY was quoted champ... are you really that blind? You can quote me on having him in the side, I believe he deserved selection.

:lol: The idea was to turf Mr Lyon and bring Matt King into the centres champ - I'm not that stupid ;-)

As lovely as that would be, do you really think a selection panel with Laurie Daley and Bob Fulton is ever going to drop Lyon? They think he's the greatest thing since the Gospel According to Judas :sarcasm: Besides Grothe sh*ts on Hazem if you're going to do it that way, so he doesn't get in anyway...

Y2Eel

First Grade
Dodger said:

They also tooted before the first game about Orford are you that blind?? ;-)
But Orford does deserve a go more then Hazem... And on Form Burt does above hazem aswell :lol:

Why would they Turf Lyon who isnt a bad defender and put King in at Center then have a Tiny Winger defending Inglis tell me that mr BRAINIC???

Dodger

Blues: Minichiello, El Masri, Cooper, King, Hayne, Anasta, Mullen, Kite, Buderus, Mason, Hindmarsh, Ryan, Gallen
Interchange: Farah, O'Meley, White, Hoffman

No Super team....

Back to drawing for you...

Timmah

Staff member
How about you stick your neck out next time instead of judging someone else? ;-)

Dickhead.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Dodger said:
How about you stick your neck out next time instead of judging someone else? ;-)

Dickhead.

Burt will never get choosen for SOO but niether should Hazem but thats not what the point is this season Burt has been the form player hazem is still avg player with a good boot... You can tell us that Hazem is a good player and the stats in the past are nice and all that but right of now they mean jack....

How bout you stop being a dickead...... dickhead...

If you dont like my opinion of your side you can do 1 of 2 things write all those pretty names down on a peice of paper and then shove em up your you know where or 2 go sit in a cornner and cry....

Timmah

Staff member
Luke Burt's overrated. Played a few good games this year but anything prior he's just been a nuffy lucky to play first grade.

If you dont like my opinion you can do 1 of 2 things - write all those pretty names down on a piece of paper and then shove em up your you know where, or 2 go sit in a corner and cry....

Y2Eel

First Grade
Dodger said:
Luke Burt's overrated. Played a few good games this year but anything prior he's just been a nuffy lucky to play first grade.

If you dont like my opinion you can do 1 of 2 things - write all those pretty names down on a piece of paper and then shove em up your you know where, or 2 go sit in a corner and cry....

:lol: Burts over rated but is a better player then Hazem who you rate highly whats that make Hazem then?

guess ya decided to shove it hey ;-)

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Burt isnt being mentioned as he is a FB, and it would be near criminal to get rid of minichello after that performance.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
Burt isnt being mentioned as he is a FB, and it would be near criminal to get rid of minichello after that performance.

Mini should be able to win back his Aus fullback jersey with a solid performance in the next 2 games...

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Dodger said:

lucky? :crazy:!!!

thats the stupidest thing ive heard, if anythign its been bad luck... hes been shafted from position to position by BS and never got a chance to get a foothold. Last year when he played well from FB, people were STILL calling for hayne, he has alot of doubters and haters therefore he is Underrated, not overrated.

Timmah

Staff member
Y2Eel said:
:lol: Burts over rated but is a better player then Hazem who you rate highly whats that make Hazem then?

Opinions are like assholes champ - everyone's got one... ;-)

Timmah

Staff member
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
lucky? :crazy:!!!.

Exactly what I meant - he was lucky to play under BS.

Someone like Hazem has been first choice winger since debuting at the club. Top Bulldogs tryscorer, top Bulldogs pointscorer, 5th all-time and likely to be first by the start of 2008, In the top ten to fifteen tryscorers of all time, and a career success rate with the boot of 82.69%. He'll pass Mick Cronin and go into 4th on that pointscorers list in the next month too.

And still with two years remaining in the game.

Burt's percentage? 75.65%

Bazal

Post Whore
Dodger said:

Jeez you can be a real moron sometimes Dodgey :crazy: Have a look at Luke Burts form when he has had a decent shot at one position, rather than being centre one week, winger the next, fullback, then five-eighth, then winger, then dropped...etc etc

2001-He had a good shot at the wing spot, and whilst still being a back-up due to his age he did very well
2002-Shunted around, was not at his best
2003-Was given a good shot at fullback after the loss of Hodgson, and was in what the papers called career best form. Made headlines, was in brilliant touch, and then did his collarbone and missed the season. Coincidentally when he went down, so did our year...
2004-Was shunted around and injured, played poorly
2005-Played a bit of wing, a bit of centre, and was also dropped at one stage I believe? Anyways, as per 2003 and 2005
2006-Was dropped...came back at fullback with the injury to McKinnon, got a decent shot at it and was on fire
2007-Is our full time fullback and is on fire

Anything jump out? A pattern maybe? :sarcasm:

Latest posts