What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status

What is your relationship situation

• Single, and not interested

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Single, but looking

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Single, with a lot of short term partners

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • In a Relationship

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • In a Long Term Relationship (2 yrs+) or Married

Votes: 33 44.6%

• Total voters

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've been dating the current girl for eleven months, making her my second longest relationship after another American I dated for 23 months. Coming in behind her is a third American I dated for four months.

I need to branch out.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Forgot to include mine. Met the wife in May 2008, engaged by November, long engagement before married in Feb 2010. Expecting our first in October.
Congrats
Go out for dinner as much as you like - and a bit in the first 3 months after October. By the 4th month, they start to get more aware and won't just relax for a while as you eat.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Knew the Wife as friends between 1997 and 2001. Both got out of multi-year relationships in '01 and had been single for about 6 months, spending more and more time together made us realise we quite fancied each other. We had quite a few mutual friends and kept it on the quiet for the first few months to see how we'd make it work - bloody difficult to keep under wraps. Told friends, some were a bit weirded out, as her ex found out and contacted some of our friends claiming that I cut his lunch. Kinda hypocritical since their relationship had been over for about 8 months and he'd actually moved in with another woman for 4 months.
Had to set a few friends straight on the facts, they came to know the truth of it.

Got engaged 2 years later in 2003, signed the paperwork in 2005.

Last edited:

Goldthorpe

Bench
After exchanging phone numbers on a car chat room [of all places] we spoke basically every day for 5 or so years before we actually had the balls to meet in person on 8th March 2007.

We caught up about once a month going to the movies, dinner and out for a drink etc for the next year and she went on a holiday cruise to Singapore in March 2008 and while she was away we decided to be with each other on 21st March 2008. We decided to build a house in August 2008 and I proposed to her in Phuket on 21st September 2009. We moved into our house in April 2010, got a rescued Greyhound in May 2010 and found out she was pregnant in September 2010 on Father’s Day. We had our beautiful daughter in May 2011.

My girls and my dog are the absolute world to me and couldn’t live life without them - better love story than Twilight!

Been engaged for 3.5 years, been together for 5+ years

Joker's Wild

Coach
Met the missus in London while I was over there on a 6 month working holiday in 2005. Hooked up the week before she left (I still had a month or so to go), did the whole long distance thing for awhile when I got back to Oz before I decided to move to Brissy so we could give it an honest crack.

Married in 2008, twins in 2012

Flapper

First Grade
3 and a half years with my gf over here. Mostly good, her St Georgeness sickens my very soul though.

Latest posts