What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sterlo show says Bennett done deal

watatank

Coach
This is the quote that concerns me. Couple of those Queensland clubs could be available in 12 months if not sooner

It will be a matter of whether or not we (or anyone else) can agree to terms.

Remember, just like last time, we're not just paying for his salary but for what he will want to implement. Will we be willing to pay that?

Henry will take over from Cartwright and the Titans are not exactly flushed with cash. The Broncos are our main threat for us for the Messiahs return. If the Broncos struggle with their tough run to the 8 Griffin will be shown the door. Broncos management will not accept missing the finals 2 years running.
Yep fair enough, but I don't think Bennett will be waiting another few weeks to see if the Broncs miss the semis. He will want something sorted out before then, so I reckon the Broncs are out unless they make a sudden call and axe Griffin and I can't see that. But in this day & age who knows.

TruSaint

Referee
Bennett's not over the line just yet boys and girls.
Still an each way bet. The longer this plays out, the less confident I am.

Chickens, counting and all !

This is the feeling I have too, until it's announced it's anyone's guess.

Yep fair enough, but I don't think Bennett will be waiting another few weeks to see if the Broncs miss the semis. He will want something sorted out before then, so I reckon the Broncs are out unless they make a sudden call and axe Griffin and I can't see that. But in this day & age who knows.

I have no inside info, but i feel at his age its 2 choices.

Back to the Broncos or back to us.
I cant see any other club having the incentive for Wayne.
Its his last contract.

Hope its us.

chillwinston

Juniors
I don't want him back if it means paying overs for him.

I'll always remember that he got us the premiership but he didn't leave us in great shape either, he just put the finishing touches on the strong squad we already had to win it. His performance with Newcastle was nothing to get excited about.

Whilst Bennett would bring the experience, I think we need a long term plan, not just a 3 years and rebuild like the last time he coached. There is no guarantee that he will bring the same success this time around.

I think we just need something different, I don't know who is the right man at this stage but McGregor is growing on me and ain't afraid to make a decision, I still don't know if he's the right man for the job or not.

Efresh

Coach
He could still be chasing the premiership at 3 clubs to edge him ahead of Gibson. Missed out in Newcastle, but I'm thinking the Cowboys might be placed just about right for him. Star halfback and prop, quality elsewhere in the roster and just need some toughness to win on the road. He coaxed one of the Sims brothers to Newcastle, could that have been cleaning out bad rubbish?

Jubileeboy

First Grade
TS, the mail I received this morning is he is deciding between Broncos and us. It's his management fielding all interest at this stage.....as far as I know.
This may contradict other info I've been told that has Kevvie Walters in line for the Broncos job, he seems to be a club favourite and has been mentioned more than once in the last few months...maybe sooner than we think?
Other far more reputable posters have Bennett signed with us but I'm not 100% convinced. I hope I'm wrong....who bloody knows ! :)

blacksafake

First Grade
I'm not so sure that he'll be back, there appears to be too much positive reports sating he will be back at the dragons & we all know that Bennett loves playing with the media.I think we have the talent to interest him & he has stated in the past when coaching the all stars how much he would like to coach Benji.I recall him also saying that Hornby & Young would one day make good coaches so the opportunity to train them up as well may appeal.
IMO if we get him great however I do have concerns about the club having to pick up the pieces like last time with no real future planning but hopefully adjust has learned from before.If we don't get him well Henry,Taylor or Mary will do.

GT0007

Juniors
I'm pretty sure that the very second we defeat Newcastle in round 26 his contract with them is up and he becomes free to coach us through the 2014 finals :p

Interesting thought even though there is no chance of that happenning. I wouldnt imagine its ever been done before

Smoove_Saint

Juniors
With the beat up going on about how the Dragons borrowed money off the NRL, and now offering Bennett huge money, to me it could mean he would say f**k off to attracting that drama

He's not coming. If the job opens up at the Broncos he'll bite their hands off. But my money's on the Gold Coast. He'll be an hour from his family and they'll have cap space and a job for Boyd.

st.phil

Bench
no way in hell Titans - squad is awful and culture is "not wayne" at all. As said - Broncos or Dragons.

jenninga

First Grade
Only dragons can muck it up. He's all but officially agreed to come back. Financial drama could f**k it up

Codswallop,it's the media who are jumping up and down,noone knows the behind the scenes so why the negativity.
Or is it your trusty mail again.