What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Rogers.

Sharkie™

Juniors
Steve Rogers found dead: report
January 3, 2006

FORMER Sharks and Australia rugby league great Steve Rogers has been found dead in his unit in Sydney's southern suburbs.

More to come

from fox sports>>>

cronullashark

Juniors
Last Update: Tuesday, January 3, 2006. 11:16am (AEDT)
Sharks legend Rogers dies
Cronulla rugby league legend and club general manager Steve Rogers has been found dead in his unit in Sydney's south.

Sharks management said the 51-year-old, father of Wallaby utility Mat Rogers, had just returned from an overseas holiday.

Police said there were no suspicious circumstances.

Sharks football manager Greg Pierce said the news had come as a terrible shock.

"Unbelievable, he was due back at work on Monday and I was due to go off for a couple of weeks," he said.

"He's been away on holidays in Europe for a period and we were just going to swap over where the state of the nation was sort of thing, and it's quite unbelievable the fact that he won't be there."

Just heard on the radio, I'm in shock.

The greatst player to ever wear the back white & blue, my childhood hero.

RIP Sludge.

Hellsy

Immortal
Sympathies to the Rogers family, and to your club guys :( :(
Very very sad news, and to go so suddenly without warning makes it really hard :( :(

Thoughts are with everyone

Sharkie™

Juniors
Steve Rogers found dead
Tue Jan 03, 11:36am (NSW)
Written by: Chris Riediger
Source: NRL.rleague.com Website
News has begun to circulate around the Rugby League world that Sharks and Kangaroos legend Steve Rogers has died suddenly of a heart attack in his home today.

More will follow as details come to hand, but rleague.com's thoughts go out to the Matt and the whole Rogers family at this tragedy.

Rexxy

Coach
a very sad day, indeed.

Bastard_Squad said:
Just heard on the radio, I'm in shock.

The greatst player to ever wear the back white & blue, my childhood hero.

RIP Sludge.

Quigs

Immortal
What can you say ... one of the greatest.

The game and the Shark Family have tragically lost their number one son.

p-75.jpg

I have far to many memories of Sludge to start here.

p-34.jpg

p-roos82-01.jpg

So thanks for the great memories....RIP

Quigs

Sharkie™

Juniors
this has sent shock waves through not only his beloved sharks community but the entire RL community and that just shows how respected he was... he was a legend and will surely be missed... once again RIP mate.

Latest posts