What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Rogers.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
RIP Steve.

Condolences to Rat and the rest of the Rogers' family.

A sad day for Cronulla and Rugby League

Jono Russell

Bench
Oh man, just logged on today to find this, Very very sad day in the history of the Sharks.

Lets hope this passing gives the boys some extra incentive this year. It will shorley be a year dedicated to the Greatest Centre the game has ever seen. I know i will be wearing a black arm band come round 2. Rogers death should not be morned instead his great life should be celebrated for what he has achieved and done for the Cronulla Sutherland Club.

RIP you legend

chileman

Coach
Fiz just told me as I walked into the office, was trying to think who we both know with that name till it registered he was talking about one of the best footy players for the Sharks....RIP and condolences to his family and all those involved with him at the club....very sad news!

Card Shark

Immortal
I idolised him as a youngster. He was the reason I became a Sharks fan.
A champion of our club - our best ever.
RIP Sludge - Legend

JasonE

Bench
He was a childhood hero of mine, the most complete centre i've ever seen.
RIP Steve Rogers.

RIP Sludge and my condolescences to the family. It's a black day for rugby league and I'm stunned and shocked that another legend of the game has gone. Even more so that it is Sludge and he was only 51.

i_Luv_Birdie

Juniors
R.I.P
its so awful for him to go and so suddenly
condolences to his family
and horrible that he was unable to see the sharkies triumph for him...mayb this will b the year of the sharks...this could be the drive that they need..cmon boys do it for slugde

Shark

Bench
Rough stuff. Really rough.

Apologies to Reefy for my initial disbelief...As I commented earlier, I know he'd never gee us up about something like this, hence my concern.

Not to be cynical, but let's watch the bandwagoners jump on now...

Quigs

Immortal
I have posted these pics for the Younger Sharkie Family who might of missed the great man playing in his hey day.

p-rogers-2.jpg

(Doesn't the above pic sum up Rogers.)

A great servant for club and country.

p-roos82-01.jpg

Quigs

Shark

Bench
LOL quigs, he even had the chrome dome happening back then...

I love it. Thanks for brightening things up mate!

sharksforever63

Juniors
R.I.P

Was my favourite player as a kid, when you watched a game at Shark Park(present days), all you had to do was look in the ET stand and you could see him there watching the game.

newmanj

Juniors
Rest In Peace, Steve Rogers. The Prince of Centres.
Never have i seen in my 38 years a better centre. His combination with Mick Cronin in the 70's and 80's was without peer.

Shark

Bench
sharksforever63 said:
R.I.P

Was my favourite player as a kid, when you watched a game at Shark Park(present days), all you had to do was look in the ET stand and you could see him there watching the game.

...with his copy of Big League, handwriting in all the stats from the game as they happened.

I used to have season seats directly across the tunnell from him. He'd never miss a moment of the game, he wrote so many notes, even when we won! Always looking for improvement.

Dirk Titan

Juniors
I live next door to Steve and saw Matt talking to police this morning, just got home then and the street is full off police. My neighbour tolt me the news.

R.I.P.

RIP Sludge.

One of the greats of our game....will be sorely missed.

As a Parramatta and Queensland fan, he was always on the opposition but it was magical watching his feats on the field.

Eelectrica

Referee
I was shocked when I read this news just a few minutes ago.

RIP Steve Rogers and commiserations to Matt and the rest of the Rogers family.
I've just realised that Matt has now lost both parents, that's got to be hard to take.

Shark

Bench
elevenstraight said:
RIP Steve, wish i was old enough to have seen him play

...or that you were old enough to have seen 'elevenstraight' no doubt...

:) Sorry, couldn't resist.

Latest posts