What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strong rumour.. BMoz, gone

bottle

Coach
The club can't lie ,they specifically said they didn't shop or ask Brett to test the market,if they did they wouldn't have released anything to us.
It is an emotional situation atm as we are fed up with the club's situation for 3 years,are we going to still take the media's word on this who like to whip up crap.

And if they do, so publically and categorically, how easy is it for them to be exposed?
Brett, his manager, the club he was 'shopped' to could expose them in an instant. Too much of a risk, too much to lose.
It makes the whole thing even more curious.

borat

Bench
A lot of very emotive talk here regarding a club legend but I am yet to see any discussion on BMoz's position in the team. The Dogs are not offering 600k to a winger and no winger is worth that much. The dogs want BMoz as their future fullback.

To me the real question here is do we commit to BMoz at fullback, noting he hasn't been a roaring success in the past. Or do we move Dugan back/look elsewhere and let BMoz walk.

The rest of this is Manager talk. Club legend/wants to play with his brother is all about driving the price up now in what will be his most lucrative contract.

IMO it would be a mistake to pay a winger 600k and I don't see how the club will improve by paying more $$$$ to an already under performing roster. Not saying Brett is under performing but that we need to spend our remaining cap wisely.

FlameThrower

Bench
This will end in tears.
1. He gets early release, fan uprising as a result!
2. He stays and is unhappy and plays like crap

It's looking now very unlikely our club
has any chance of extending his contract?

grouch

First Grade
A lot of very emotive talk here regarding a club legend but I am yet to see any discussion on BMoz's position in the team. The Dogs are not offering 600k to a winger and no winger is worth that much. The dogs want BMoz as their future fullback.

To me the real question here is do we commit to BMoz at fullback, noting he hasn't been a roaring success in the past. Or do we move Dugan back/look elsewhere and let BMoz walk.

The rest of this is Manager talk. Club legend/wants to play with his brother is all about driving the price up now in what will be his most lucrative contract.

IMO it would be a mistake to pay a winger 600k and I don't see how the club will improve by paying more $$$$ to an already under performing roster. Not saying Brett is under performing but that we need to spend our remaining cap wisely.
I think it's dismissive and misguided to refer to a player & person the calibre of Brett Morris as simply "a winger".

Anyway, regarding cap management and player positioning, I don't think it matters all that much. The club haven't shown anything in recent times to suggest they have any kind of model or plan in mind. They've already got a centre on fullback money, so why not "a winger".

saints4me

Juniors
This will end in tears.
1. He gets early release, fan uprising as a result!
2. He stays and is unhappy and plays like crap

It's looking now very unlikely our club
has any chance of extending his contract?

I don't believe he'll play like crap if he does go. Not his thing.
He's always given everything he has. I'd be really disappointed if he does go but I'd understand it. He's looking to set himself up for life. I don't blame him. I'd still like to buy him a beer long after he's finished his football career no matter who he plays for. He is & always will be a champion Dragon to me. Something I could only dream of being!

bottle

Coach
He's always given everything he has. I'd be really disappointed if he does go but I'd understand it. He's looking to set himself up for life. I don't blame him. I'd still like to buy him a beer long after he's finished his football career no matter who he plays for. He is & always will be a champion Dragon to me. Something I could only dream of being!

Stays you mean no doubt, and I agree.
He is a professional, not a mug. He also has Cooper's record for the JV in his sights. He can knock that over in 2015.

BennyV

Referee

I'm not so convinced I'm in the same boat...

I can handle seeing Sowie playing for Penrith. Hell, i was excited for him on the weekend. But the Dogs? It hurts me seeing Josh in the blue and white, but if i had to see them both wearing a Dogs jersey, banging on about the 'family club' and being marketed by that shithole of a club, I'd riot. I fear it would lead me to hate a Dragons legend and premiership hero. I dont want that...

borat

Bench
I think it's dismissive and misguided to refer to a player & person the calibre of Brett Morris as simply "a winger".

Anyway, regarding cap management and player positioning, I don't think it matters all that much. The club haven't shown anything in recent times to suggest they have any kind of model or plan in mind. They've already got a centre on fullback money, so why not "a winger".

What bollocks, he is a winger because that's the position he plays. It's arguable that 450k parked on the wing is too much let alone 600k. The point is BMoz's manager is upping the ante now before Mulholland can commit any more of our salary cap leaving nothing in 12 months time. So that being the case Mary & Pete need to make the hard decisions as to who is going to be our long term fullback. And yes another point altogether is we probably have the most expensive centre in the game now. The 150k extra should be spent in the forwards not the backline.

possm

Coach
This should have been sorted about 6 months ago; way before the Dogs could put in their two bobs worth. One thing I can say about Price, he would not have told Brett to test his price in the market.

If you followed that line of thought, Mary would ba battling for 50k.

Mr Red

First Grade

interesting point.. and probably has all come about because we have moved dugan to centre, so therefore we have paid "spine" dollars for a non spine position ... and now they are looking to free up cap to pay more "spine" dollars to find another fullback
perhaps if we moved Dugan back to fullback and invested correctly in a centre , the whole Morris thing wouldnt even be an issue..

Cagey Mac

Bench
interesting point.. and probably has all come about because we have moved dugan to centre, so therefore we have paid "spine" dollars for a non spine position ... and now they are looking to free up cap to pay more "spine" dollars to find another fullback
perhaps if we moved Dugan back to fullback and invested correctly in a centre , the whole Morris thing wouldnt even be an issue..

Good point Red!

TruSaint

Referee

Finally I wholeheartedly agree with Red.

The Nick

Bench

Too much logic, not enough emotion in this post. GTFOH.

nontime111

Juniors
PLEASE STAY AT SAINTS B.MOZZ YOUR MY FAVOURITE DRAGON EVER< YOU AND YOUR OLD MAN!!!!!! I EVEN NAMED MY PET CHICKEN AFTER YOUR DAD AS A KID TOO.... SLIPPERY STEVE< SPECIALLY THE BANTAM< COULDNT CATCH HIM IN A FIT!

STAY MOZZIE STAYYYYY DON GO PLEEEAZ????:lol:

The Nick

Bench
A few mentions here of "spine dollars" and "centre on fullback money" etc.

Just curious - theoretically how much money do people believe is/should be assigned to each position to build a premiership team?

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
The signings of Dugan, Marshal and Widdop are knee jerk reactions due to our poor recruitment post 2011. Wrong players let go, wrong players bought. Zero succession planning for our juniors.

Twenty10

Juniors
Morris would be a dynamic centre. Or fullback for that matter. I think it's the best solution.

Then offload Beale, farrel.