What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strong rumour.. BMoz, gone

hazzbeen

Bench
Said it many a time The problem is Doust Young , Mary should never have been given the job. There is definitely a problem when your better players are wanting out.The click needs to be broken down or the once MIGHTY DRAGONS will be floundering for years to come.

BennyV

Referee
There's no doubting BennyV that Morris is a great player, that's not in dispute whatsoever. But managing a roster and that includes Hunt, Beale, Rein on overs doesn't need to be made worse by paying more than what is already significant cash for a winger. I'll be as disappointed as anyone if he does leave but that my friend is up to him, I don't think it's entirely the club getting rid of him unless I'm not aware of something.

So then get rid of Hunt, Beale and Rein instead.

possm

Coach
The Dogs would not be offering 600k + for Morris just as the Rooster did not pay 600k plus for Jennings. The Morris twins want to play together at the one club and Doust and is mates did not facilitate this by not signing Josh last year.

I feel sick now, I'm very frusted with how the people in charge are making such huge errors and stufing up our Club.

Morris is well worth 450.00 and more and should be the last player that we let go. As Price did to Soward, Mary is now doing to Morris; it is a real sham. So what is the plan?

1. Beale
2. Runciman
3. Dugan
4. Mata Utia
5. Nightingale

Save 450k to keep under the cap and have enough to maintain the contracts of Hunt, Stanley, Green, Beale, Farrell, Ah Mau ..............

What about we instead let go Beale, Farrel, Stanley and Green and entice Johs Morris to break his contract?
At the same time we could let go Hunt, Stockwell and a few fringe forwards who have proved to be dead wood and sign Kasiano.

Sign these two good players fromt he Dogs, let go the dead wood and bring our brightest younsters through. That would give us:

1. Dugan
2. B Moris
3. Mata Utai
4. J Morris
5. Nightingale

Last edited:

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
BMoz has seen what 'outsiders' like Dugan and Marshall are getting, and rightfully so, he is pissed. How many times have you seen this in a workplace? Loyal employee getting paid x amount, only for your boss to hire a newcomer, with less experience, paying them more!

- Offer him an upgrade NOW. Match the 600k. Dragons are entitled to cap dispensation as Morris is a long serving player
- Make him permanent co-captain
- Consider moving him to left centre. If we're paying 600k, might as well be for a more important position than winger. He'd be only playing one position in from what he is currently playing
- If after all this, he still asks for a release, don't grant it. Tell him we will re-consider prior to June 30 next year, but in the meantime he is a Dragon, and needs to act accordingly. This will give us time to continue working on changing his mind.
- If we don't have the money, then this is a serious issue. The board/s need to be somehow challenged and thrown out, with the backing of a potential billionaire suitor. Bruce Gordon? This guy doesn't seem interested in this team. What about that guy in England trying to buy the Knight? Surely they are not going down the same path so soon.
- If by June next year, he still wants to leave, we need to negotiate with the dogs for them to release one of their players. Maybe Tim Lafia? I know they wont release him, but we still need to ask. Need to get something out of those bastards!

gonz

Juniors
If we let those players go who r we going to sign.all top shelf players r signed no one is available.

How bout the dousts apologists? What's the return serve, no
1 is bigger than the club ? Well Morris just maybe....then you'll say the same
when Merrin leaves.

twinkletoes

Juniors
I'm absolutely filthy that having gone through 3 years of torture we now find ourselves in this position. I could have accepted the last 3 years if we were now coming out of the darkness and had undergone a rebuilding phase. We are seemingly on the slide to further darkness....there is only so much a life long supporter can take

Galeforce

Bench
I'm absolutely filthy that having gone through 3 years of torture we now find ourselves in this position. I could have accepted the last 3 years if we were now coming out of the darkness and had undergone a rebuilding phase. We are seemingly on the slide to further darkness....there is only so much a life long supporter can take

give a thought to South Sydney fans who have lived through a 40 year plus drought , being booted out of the NRL and associated jibes and reconsider your statement please.

giboz71

First Grade
Sadly it's a consequence of 3 poor seasons in a row. Both club and player looking for a change.

Bmoz has done it all in the game....premiership, Origin and Test player. This will be his last big contract, plus he has the opportunity to play with his brother, and a chance to go to a club that's competitive now and coached by a legend. He's a winner through and through and to be honest, he's got more chance of a premiership at the Dogs than us before his career is over. I guess all of this trumps the notion of being a one club man...don't blame him for wanting out.

In terms of the club...this clean out was the next logical step. We've just changed coaches and nothing seemed to change, so if all else fails according to the Board, clean out the playing roster and reboot. Amateur hour at its finest.

I'd hate to see him go, but seeing the Roosters won the comp last year with 2 rookie wingers, I guess this is the formula they are following. Where these wingers will come from is anyone's guess?

gonz

Juniors

Bingo

gonz

Juniors
The Dogs would not be offering 600k + for Morris just as the Rooster did not pay 600k plus for Jennings. The Morris twins want to play together at the one club and Doust and is mates did not facilitate this by not signing Josh last year.

I feel sick now, I'm very frusted with how the people in charge are making such huge errors and stufing up our Club.

Morris is well worth 450.00 and more and should be the last player that we let go. As Price did to Soward, Mary is now doing to Morris; it is a real sham. So what is the plan?

1. Beale
2. Runciman
3. Dugan
4. Mata Utia
5. Nightingale

Save 450k to keep under the cap and have enough to maintain the contracts of Hunt, Stanley, Green, Beale, Farrell, Ah Mau ..............

What about we instead let go Beale, Farrel, Stanley and Green and entice Johs Morris to break his contract?
At the same time we could let go Hunt, Stockwell and a few fringe forwards who have proved to be dead wood and sign Kasiano.

Sign these two good players fromt he Dogs, let go the dead wood and bring our brightest younsters through. That would give us:

1. Dugan
2. B Moris
3. Mata Utai
4. J Morris
5. Nightingale

See the difference josh would've told the dogs board I want Brett here,
that simple whatever it takes Raelene an amatuer is putting
it over the games worst CEO and grub

BennyV

Referee
Sadly it's a consequence of 3 poor seasons in a row. Both club and player looking for a change.

Bmoz has done it all in the game....premiership, Origin and Test player. This will be his last big contract, plus he has the opportunity to play with his brother, and a chance to go to a club that's competitive now and coached by a legend. He's a winner through and through and to be honest, he's got more chance of a premiership at the Dogs than us before his career is over. I guess all of this trumps the notion of being a one club man...don't blame him for wanting out.

In terms of the club...this clean out was the next logical step. We've just changed coaches and nothing seemed to change, so if all else fails according to the Board, clean out the playing roster and reboot. Amateur hour at its finest.

I'd hate to see him go, but seeing the Roosters won the comp last year with 2 rookie wingers, I guess this is the formula they are following. Where these wingers will come from is anyone's guess?

#truefan #teammary #allhaildoust

Rob Dragon

Juniors
Worrying? Yes. Terminal? No.

As I have posted before all clubs except for The Roosters, Bulldogs and Broncos have to adhere to a salary cap and therefore sometimes tough decisions need to be made. Setting aside the issue that Brett is a terrific player and seems to be a good bloke; I would be spending that $450K on a prop from somewhere.

All of this rubbish results from appointing that fool Price as the coach and Doust should to the honourable thing and fall on his sword and let the club appoint a profiled and credentialed CEO. Anyway that is another matter.

I am in favour of going down the Penrith route. Manage some highly paid late 20's type players away from the club; identify those players who are paid "overs" and get rid of them; and make sure we identify, nurture and retain those Under 20's players who we believe will turn into 10 years 1st graders (and there at least 8 of them running around in the Under 20's right now).

Our coaching staff (McGregor, Dean Young and Hornby) are hard nosed professional blokes who know how to win and love the club. The addition of Mulholland to coordinate recruitment and retention will yield results.

Sorry folks, but no easy fix but I believe the process to rebuild properly is underway.

dragonreddy

Juniors

Well said Twinkletoes.

Starting to look like the last 3 years was just the warm up for the main show.

Can't believe people on here are backing this move, as i've said before I think people are giving McGregor way too much credit for yet unproven abilities,not many clubs have done cleanouts and had a rookie at the helm ,and then been successful, i would say we will be at least 3 years form being competitive if all the rumours are true and then we will have to go through the new coach thing again as McGregor wont survive, Doust has set this bloke up as the badbboy to take the fallout for his bad management.

Can't believe the club can't find the money for one of our most prolific tryscorers ,and its easy to understand him being disillusioned after all the player signings in the last couple of years could be described as mediocre at best ,yet most are receiving more than they have provided in value thus far.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Worrying? Yes. Terminal? No.

As I have posted before all clubs except for The Roosters, Bulldogs and Broncos have to adhere to a salary cap and therefore sometimes tough decisions need to be made. Setting aside the issue that Brett is a terrific player and seems to be a good bloke; I would be spending that $450K on a prop from somewhere.

All of this rubbish results from appointing that fool Price as the coach and Doust should to the honourable thing and fall on his sword and let the club appoint a profiled and credentialed CEO. Anyway that is another matter.

I am in favour of going down the Penrith route. Manage some highly paid late 20's type players away from the club; identify those players who are paid "overs" and get rid of them; and make sure we identify, nurture and retain those Under 20's players who we believe will turn into 10 years 1st graders (and there at least 8 of them running around in the Under 20's right now).

Our coaching staff (McGregor, Dean Young and Hornby) are hard nosed professional blokes who know how to win and love the club. The addition of Mulholland to coordinate recruitment and retention will yield results.

Sorry folks, but no easy fix but I believe the process to rebuild properly is underway.

In theory, I agree with some of what your saying. Although Penrith, in Gould and Cleary, have an astute football manager and coach.

Also your not going to sign a quality forward for 450k. Even though Fifita's Bulldogs contract did not eventuate, he is on around 600k at the sharks. Ditto what Merrin will attract at the Broncos

And I'd say we are paying 'overs' for Dugan and Marshall. Morris has consistently outperformed these two all year.

Their may be some arguments to let Morris walk, but on the whole, it will still be the wrong decision which will send out the wrong message to other players and importantly our juniors coming through.

giboz71

First Grade

Yep...absolutely.

We are 3 years behind where we should be now. Tough decisions should have been made when Bennett left, instead Doust and Price presided over a procession of ludicrous recruitment and selection choices with absolutely no thought for the future. The fact Price was continually coaching to save his job didn't help things.

I agree somewhat with this move by the club, it's just 3 years too late and its resulted in legends like Bmoz being shown the door.

grouch

First Grade
If you have any faith in Paul McGregor's ability to rebuild anything or win anything then you are terribly deluded. He's shown nothing in any serious role, ever. And as for ability as a player, Brett Morris has achieved more in his career than Mary could dream of, and Brett isn't even 30 yet.

The club is in a dark period. Darker than when Brett's old man was forced out due to managerial ineptitude back in the 80's.