What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supercoach 2012.

Dogs Of War

Coach
What's Daniela's job security like? Is Etu injured or dropped?

Not sure. Really comes down to what the panthers do with Jennings.

I had a serious think about things, and decided to just bring in Tony Williams now. I have others I can play in the centres, and it's one less thing I have to think about down the track.

Bretto

Bench
Dogs of War: I was thinking of waiting one more week to get Tony Williams back seeing as though he's likely to be picked for SOO, chances are he may only play one game in the next few weeks? I was also thinking of using Sezer and Daniella as cash cows for the next couple weeks, then using that cash to buy back Fensom and Williams, then Burgess when he's back in a couple weeks.

What do you think?

Keep in mind this is the first time I've done Supercoach, so I'm still new to it. My team looks like this...

Fullback:

Corey Norman
Marmin Barber

Centre/Wing:

Justin Hodges
Geoff Daniella
Josh Morris
Aquilla Uate

Half/5/8:

Shaun Johnson
Scott Prince
Luke Walsh
Aiden Sezer

Second Row:

Dean Halatau
Corey Parker
Paul Gallen
Sam Tagatese
Steve Rapira
Tohu Harris

Front Row/Hooker:

Cameron Smith
Ben Hannant
Petero Civoniceva
Junior Mores
Dane Laurie
Nathan Smith

Obviously come Origin time, I'm gonna get smashed. Any tips to strengthen my team through the origin period?

Last edited:

Earl

Coach
Thinking about trading out Jesse Bromwich and Sam Matoara to free up some dollars to strengthen my front row.

Any advice on who I should get?

Up front i've got;

Aiden Tolmen
Jake Friend
Jesse Bromwich
Matt McIllrick
George Burgess
Cameron King

In the back row I have

Paul Gallen
Corey Parker
Sam Burgess
Ben Henry
Blake Austin
Sam Mataora

By trading out Mataora and Bromwich I can free enoguh dollars to get any front rower/hooker except Cameron Smith and then throw Matt Ryan in the back row.

Or would I be better off getting Shaun Fensom and playing Matt Groat or Casey McGuire up front? If I get Fensom it only leaves me with about 120,000 for another front rower/hooker.

Caged Panther

First Grade
You know that Thurston is capable of big scores, and generally he does that in the back half of the season, after Origin. If anyone needs to go it's Norman who is pretty much at the top of his game, and after next week his price will only go down. Depends on what you want to do with the cash. Upgrading the forwards is always a good move, just because you can depend on there scoring more than you can on the backs. Paulo is a nice 5/8th cause he always scores approx 50.

Yeah that was my concern with getting rid of thurston, in any case I decided to hold both thurston and norman for the moment as Paulo's and Ryan's byes fall the same week I'm short in the halves and back row so it will actually cost me more trades in the long run if I make that move now.

gronkathon

First Grade
Or would I be better off getting Shaun Fensom and playing Matt Groat or Casey McGuire up front? If I get Fensom it only leaves me with about 120,000 for another front rower/hooker.

Groat is due for surgery today on a torn meniscus and is looking at 4 - 6 weeks on the sideline

abpanther

Staff member
I need some general fantasy advice, which 2 would you guys be starting this week out of the following (for tries, line breaks and try assist):

Josh Hoffman
Colin Best
Ken Sio
Kalifa Fai Fai Loa
Reece Robinson
Brent Tate

I'm thinking Sio and Fai Fai Loa but not sure at all

Dogs Of War

Coach
I need some general fantasy advice, which 2 would you guys be starting this week out of the following (for tries, line breaks and try assist):

Josh Hoffman
Colin Best
Ken Sio
Kalifa Fai Fai Loa
Reece Robinson
Brent Tate

Brent Tate for sure. Min 40 as he puts a lot of effort in defence.

Toss up for the rest. You would probably know who scores more consistently for you. Not sure why your holding onto Robinson unless you think Dugan is going to get surgery (and if you do know that please confirm that, as I would keep him if he is!).

Geohood

Bench

Josh Hoffman
Colin Best
Ken Sio
Kalifa Fai Fai Loa
Reece Robinson
Brent Tate

I wouldn't have any of those players in the first place lol but Best definately first pick if Sharks continue their form (scored 100 last match and has a couple of 50's and 60's), it is really a flip of a coin for all the others... you don't know who will get the attacking stats because that's what they will rely on.

So if you listen to me and Dogs of War, you would go with Best and Tate lol

Mr Saab are you going for overall or H2H? Those trades are more geared for H2H I reckon.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Fullback:

Corey Norman
Marmin Barber

Centre/Wing:

Justin Hodges
Geoff Daniella
Josh Morris
Aquilla Uate

Half/5/8:

Shaun Johnson
Scott Prince
Luke Walsh
Aiden Sezer

Second Row:

Dean Halatau
Corey Parker
Paul Gallen
Sam Tagatese
Steve Rapira
Tohu Harris

Front Row/Hooker:

Cameron Smith
Ben Hannant
Petero Civoniceva
Junior Mores
Dane Laurie
Nathan Smith

Obviously come Origin time, I'm gonna get smashed. Any tips to strengthen my team through the origin period?

First thing I will say about your squad, you need to have players who will play till about round 16-17. At that point you get players who reduce your exposure to crap scores when you have run out of trades and have to rely on the emergency reserve to make a full squad (ie injuries!).

Second point. Forwards are the basis of big scores. Everything you do should be about making your forward pack as strong as it could possibly be. Backs are just the icing on the cake.

That all said.

Fullbacks.

Corey Norman is at a price where you can get someone else in as a direct swap at a low cost. Norman has peaked for the season. Time to cash in.

Centres/Wingers

Nice set of players. Would be more interesting if I saw your reserves to understand what you actually have. Daniella is not a starter. Just a cash cow you don't play unless you need to.

Halves

Luke Walsh?!?!?!?! Supercoach cancer. Watch out for Mateo as he is dropping in price big time, and he will produce eventually. Grab him next week if you can.

Second Row.

Halatau should only ever be played in the centres. So there is a good move for you. Lose a centre, move Halatau to the centres, and grab another backrower. Backrowers are proabably the most consistent scorers, so each and every one (even though you can't play them all), should be someone who plays and scores min 45 each week. Min 50 is better.

Front Row.

A couple of nice players. Look at emerging props to play here as you have no real front row to speak of. Props always appear due to injuries. Similar to the backrow, this will get you lots of points. Look for 40+ scorers.

Hopefully you can take the lessons of this season, and apply them next year. Strong forward pack, with a few gambles on sleepers who will become cash cows. You can practice that the rest of the season. Backs should be generally half decent players, with a full bench of 87K-100K backs named at starter week 1. At least 2-3 will hit paydirt.

Fullback

A good fullback is gold. A bit comes down to luck as some fullbacks don't finish the season strong, but are good for lots of points. Hayne last year is the perfect example. Was underpriced at season start. He price has risen as he has played more, and produced.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Only one trade for me this week - Jordan Rankin for Matt Ryan, Paulo to 5/8.

Leaves me enough to do De Belin for Fensom next week. Will hold on to Buderus until Burgess is back.

Bretto

Bench
You really think trading Norman out is a good idea? He's consistantly scoring 70-90 over the last 4 weeks or so, and I don't really see his numbers coming down any time soon. He seems to be a long term keeper to me?

I picked Luke Walsh at the start of the season in my first team, and he had a couple good weeks, but has otherwise been shit.

I need to strengthen my forwards big time.

Thanks for the advice Dogs of War!

gronkathon

First Grade
Doubled up again.

With Buderus going down and the cash I freed up aquiring Ryan I swapped out Butterball for Ben Ross. Makes my side alot more stable and allowing for no major injuries I may be trade free for a little while

MSIH

Bench
You really think trading Norman out is a good idea? He's consistantly scoring 70-90 over the last 4 weeks or so, and I don't really see his numbers coming down any time soon. He seems to be a long term keeper to me?

I picked Luke Walsh at the start of the season in my first team, and he had a couple good weeks, but has otherwise been shit.

I need to strengthen my forwards big time.

Thanks for the advice Dogs of War!

I agree. Norman's a keeper for me.

Dogs Of War

Coach

Every year you see players hit a purple patch. This year it's Norman. He is a half, so it comes down to who they play, and how much he is involved. His price won't go much higher IMO, it's up to you to choose if I am right or not. Supercoach is not a place to get attached to players.

Latest posts