What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supercoach 2012.

Spot On

Coach
So I have done my final trades for quite some time now. As I am only going for H2H. (overall ranked 1248)

Trades this week : Fensom in for Taia as I am unsure what Bennett has in store for him, and Reynolds out for Roberts as Reynolds has peaked in price. This also leaves me with 90K to use if I need to make other changes down the track.

My team looks like this now :

9. Graham, J
8. Luke, I
10. Woods, A
20. Smith, C
21. Burgess, S
22. Farah, R
12. Parker, C
13. Fensom, S
11. Gallen, P
23. Lewis, L
24. Ryan, M
25. Masoe, M
7. Carney, T
19. Roberts, T
6. Mateo, F
18. Sezer, A
5. Hurrell, K
4. Lyon, J
3. Halatau, D
2. Inglis, G
15. Williams, T
16. Mansour, J
17. Moga, T
1. Hayne, J

I will look as soon as Mansour hits his top dollar price on upgrading him to someone who is likely to score more tries. Also trying to work out if I should dump Carney and get Thurston in, but no hurry on that one.

I have nice depth all round now.

I also towards the end of season need to leave a few trades to either upgrade Moga and Masoe, or bring in players who aren't likely to get a game to reduce the chance of a poor emergency replacement score.

Thoughts on where else I should improve my team?

Are you serious? It doesn't get any better than that mate. WINNER!!!!!

Dogs Of War

Coach
It does get better. So S.Mannering, G.Cooper into the backline, keeping at a min Inglis and T.Rex (would like to keep Lyon, but Mannering may be better for consistency, that said, 2 more weeks of good games by Hurrell should see him costing me minimal to do a direct swap). May look at trying to get someone who can flip between second row/centre who doesn't play so I can flex one of those guys into the forwards if required (Once I have used all my trades), which also helps me get rid of Moga & Masoe.

As well Mateo out, with Hayne to 5/8th and Slater into fullback. I sort of see that as where I need the team to be.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Hmm, thought about my trade a little more this week. Instead I dropped Lyon for Mannering, and kept the Taia for Fensom trade.

Next week I will grab Gavin Cooper for Halatau, and swap Reynolds for Trent Hodkinson who by playing on the bench the last few weeks will be a paltry 90K or so next week, but will get his starting spot back which means he should have a good upside if he is ever needed to play for my team.

Edwahu

Bench
Hmm, thought about my trade a little more this week. Instead I dropped Lyon for Mannering, and kept the Taia for Fensom trade.

Next week I will grab Gavin Cooper for Halatau, and swap Reynolds for Trent Hodkinson who by playing on the bench the last few weeks will be a paltry 90K or so next week, but will get his starting spot back which means he should have a good upside if he is ever needed to play for my team.

How many trades will you have after that?

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I might do the same, it lets me dump Humble.

Also saves me the prospect of picking Joel Thompson instead.

Last edited:

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
1 game, 31 points. But with Wighton out for 3 months he's worth the risk.

Raiders have great bye coverage too which is why I was thinking of Thompson.

Geohood

Bench
So I have done my final trades for quite some time now. As I am only going for H2H. (overall ranked 1248)

Trades this week : Fensom in for Taia as I am unsure what Bennett has in store for him, and Reynolds out for Roberts as Reynolds has peaked in price. This also leaves me with 90K to use if I need to make other changes down the track.

My team looks like this now :

9. Graham, J
8. Luke, I
10. Woods, A
20. Smith, C
21. Burgess, S
22. Farah, R
12. Parker, C
13. Fensom, S
11. Gallen, P
23. Lewis, L
24. Ryan, M
25. Masoe, M
7. Carney, T
19. Roberts, T
6. Mateo, F
18. Sezer, A
5. Hurrell, K
4. Lyon, J
3. Halatau, D
2. Inglis, G
15. Williams, T
16. Mansour, J
17. Moga, T
1. Hayne, J

I will look as soon as Mansour hits his top dollar price on upgrading him to someone who is likely to score more tries. Also trying to work out if I should dump Carney and get Thurston in, but no hurry on that one.

I have nice depth all round now.

I also towards the end of season need to leave a few trades to either upgrade Moga and Masoe, or bring in players who aren't likely to get a game to reduce the chance of a poor emergency replacement score.

Thoughts on where else I should improve my team?

You've edged my team a bit. Ranked 1046 now though, keeps fluctuating up and down. Will hopefully have 15 for each bye round.

After this week have 10 trades left:

Smith Luke Farah - Burgess Woods Geddes
Parker Fensom Fulton - Ciraldo Aubusson Ryan
Maloney - Reynolds
Mateo - Sezer
Mannering Halatau Cooper Hurrell - Daniella Moga Lee
Hayne - Tedesco

I eventually wanna bring in Gallen after origin and have plenty of downgrade options. Not sure what to do with Aubusson after round 14.

Last edited:

Edwahu

Bench
As usual, the problem is everyone is heading towards the same teams. My 17 would look pretty much the same as both of yours.

beads6

First Grade
My team is plenty different to most. Need to get rid of Snowden but will wait until after Origin.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The last 2 seasons it's ended up that way but this season, there were injuries to a lot of big players early in the year that forced a lot of trades.

Trade management will come into it in a big way toward the end of this season.

Dogs Of War

Coach
You've edged my team a bit. Ranked 1046 now though, keeps fluctuating up and down. Will hopefully have 15 for each bye round.

After this week have 10 trades left:

Smith Luke Farah - Burgess Woods Geddes
Parker Fensom Fulton - Ciraldo Aubusson Ryan
Maloney - Reynolds
Mateo - Sezer
Mannering Halatau Cooper Hurrell - Daniella Moga Lee
Hayne - Tedesco

I eventually wanna bring in Gallen after origin and have plenty of downgrade options. Not sure what to do with Aubusson after round 14.

I dropped from 1023 to 2000 odd on the first major bye week. Only scored 800, but as I said I am focusing on H2H so wasn't worried about improving my team for overall, just nice to look at.

Aubusson sort of needs to go, he really is inconsistent, and I am so happy I didn't touch him this year, though I did have a good look at him.

With 10 trades left, you have some difficult choices to make. Some of those cash cows you have, will actually now be your backup players. I would suggest focusing on some dual position players if possible (ie Fullback/Centre) so you don't have some versatility in your remaining lineup and may not need to use a trade (especially if someone is just out for a week).

Dogs Of War

Coach
The last 2 seasons it's ended up that way but this season, there were injuries to a lot of big players early in the year that forced a lot of trades.

Trade management will come into it in a big way toward the end of this season.

Yep, I sort have worked out that you need at least one trade each of the last 4 weeks. Well that's the goal. That said it helps when you stack your team like I have done.

Geohood

Bench
I dropped from 1023 to 2000 odd on the first major bye week. Only scored 800, but as I said I am focusing on H2H so wasn't worried about improving my team for overall, just nice to look at.

Aubusson sort of needs to go, he really is inconsistent, and I am so happy I didn't touch him this year, though I did have a good look at him.

With 10 trades left, you have some difficult choices to make. Some of those cash cows you have, will actually now be your backup players. I would suggest focusing on some dual position players if possible (ie Fullback/Centre) so you don't have some versatility in your remaining lineup and may not need to use a trade (especially if someone is just out for a week).

Ended up bringing in B Morris instead for Tedesco and Taia for Mansour (Aubo to 2nd row). Will trade Lee in for Tedesco (Mansour to FB) next week and see where I go from there.

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
Ah, looking at your lineup again, Aubo is probably nice to have around (though Tyson Frizell is a 2nd Row/Centre who will get game time when Gallen is out if you want to cash in at all), so you can swap Cooper etc to the forwards towards the end of season if injuries hit hard and you have available players in the centres and little to no trades left.

You might want to look at the same trade I am doing next week, trading out Reynolds, and getting into Hodgkinson (will be 90K next week). Hodgo when he starts will get in the range of 35-40 most weeks, not quite Reynolds, but still not too bad for a backup. The main thing is that you have the cash to upgrade other positions as required (especially if your bringing in Gallen down the track, it would be better to upgrade your worst 2nd rower so you don't have to touch that area unless injuries strike down).

Latest posts