What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supercoach 2012.

user_nat

Coach
1181, which I think is my second best this year.

Still going to lose 2 out of 3 head to head matches. So dumb.

skeepe

Immortal
Made some stupid decisions this week.

Kept Jorge Taufua in instead of Mansour, cost me about 30 points there. Kept Foran on the reserves instead of Matt Ryan, cost me another 30 or so. Forgot that Nate Myles was back, another 30 or so points down the tube.

As it stands tonight, I lost by 3 points. Hope Burgess gains a few more before they finalise the scores tomorrow.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Was panicking last night, was down 1 point for the longest time until that Reynolds try. Up 1139 to 1120 now before updates. Still can't believe he got a 90 for his AE.

Mr Saab

Referee
Isaac luke (apart from me dumping his arse after he will be suspended for 3 or 4 weeks) was not given a try assist for that last try to win the game.
Surely that has to be a try assist....if he doesnt pass then Reynolds does not score.

shiznit

Coach
wow... down to my last 2 trades... and using one of them to upgrade to gal...

what do you guys think??

upgrade Fulton or Houston?? at first glance you would say Houston easily... but considering Ellis is due back for the tigers very soon that should have a massive impact on Fulton's minutes... im thinking houston may have more mins in him.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Ellis has never had much of an impact on Fulton's workload in the past. Houston is very reliable but Fulton is capable of bigger scores. So tough choice.

Honestly with 2 trades left, I wouldn't use them up unless you really have to.

shiznit

Coach
Ellis has never had much of an impact on Fulton's workload in the past. Houston is very reliable but Fulton is capable of bigger scores. So tough choice.

Honestly with 2 trades left, I wouldn't use them up unless you really have to.
yeah... im not too keen on using them this early... but i was just so woeful in our H2H league this season i decided 8 weeks ago i would go for broke to try and make the 8... so i burnt a few trades...

ive got a decent football side now... scored 1246 last round... and managed to play Corey Norman ahead of Josh Mansor... Doh...

im just screwed if injuries or suspensions occur...

but then... my main goal is to make the 8 and win my money back... then the finals are just bonus money.....

Edwahu

Bench
If you must use the trades then go for depth in your weakest positions, probably the halves or fullback.

Edwahu

Bench
Isaac luke (apart from me dumping his arse after he will be suspended for 3 or 4 weeks) was not given a try assist for that last try to win the game.
Surely that has to be a try assist....if he doesnt pass then Reynolds does not score.

Who knows what constitutes a try assist these days

Edwahu

Bench
It wouldl be interesting to see an official definition of the stats. There is a bit of grey area in line breaks and even tackles too.

RHCP

Bench
I've always wondered how stats stack up - if it is a tackle that results in a penalty, is it a +1 and a -2, or does the penalty just cancel out the tackle? Likewise with a hitup and a dropped ball.

Issac Luke gone for 3, possibly 4 weeks...f**k. On the upside, I knocked off the table topper. On the downside, got two more must win games against 3rd and 4th next two weeks so I can't afford to hang onto Luke. Three trades left after I get him out.

Mr Saab

Referee
Barba was given two try assists for the final pass to Moirris....what was so different to Luke's pass to Reynolds.....he assisted him in scoring. If he doesnt pass he doesnt score.
Farce.

Deacon

First Grade
I need some massive help guys Ive dropped my last three games and now struggling to hang in my comps top 8, I have deliberately kept some subs up my sleeve. open to all suggestions...

Squad($16,100 in the bank and 7 subs available)
1. Slater
2. Slaimankhel
3. Mannering
4. Lawrence
5. Lyon
6. Hurrell
7. Jennings
8. C.Blair
9. Sio
10. Marshall
11. Soward
12. Thurston
13. Reynolds
14. De Belin
15. Parker
16. Gallen
17. C.Smith
18. Douglas
19. Shillington
20. McIlwrick
21. G.Burgess
22. S.Burgess
23. Austin-will go a matter of when
24. Fensom
25. J.Kennedy

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I need some massive help guys Ive dropped my last three games and now struggling to hang in my comps top 8, I have deliberately kept some subs up my sleeve. open to all suggestions...

Squad($16,100 in the bank and 7 subs available)
1. Slater
2. Slaimankhel
3. Mannering
4. Lawrence
5. Lyon
6. Hurrell
7. Jennings
8. C.Blair
9. Sio
10. Marshall
11. Soward
12. Thurston
13. Reynolds
14. De Belin
15. Parker
16. Gallen
17. C.Smith
18. Douglas
19. Shillington
20. McIlwrick
21. G.Burgess
22. S.Burgess
23. Austin-will go a matter of when
24. Fensom
25. J.Kennedy

You've got some good backs but a bit light on in the forwards. There's too much money tied up in the halves there. Also looks like you won't have much of a backrow with Gallen out again.

If it were me, I'd think about getting rid of Soward (196K) for a nuffie like Tyrone Peachey (87.5K) then upgrade Austin to someone like Matt Ryan (223K) which would still leave you about 50K in the bank if my Maths works. You could get someone pricey like Taia or Houston but I've found Ryan to be pretty reliable. Then you just slip him on to the bench when Gal comes back.

I'd work on the front row next week. You need guys like Merrin, Farah, Graham and Woods. I'd think about trading in another half or some of the surplus outside backs for cheapies.

My 2 cents.

*edit* Slater hasn't been named this week. But TBH I'd still fix the backrow up and cop the AE............or hope that Slaimankhel plays. I'm having a similar issue with Hayne out.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Do not trade. There is still 7 weeks left and injuries / suspensions are bound to happen

yeah... i know for damn sure injuries will have an effect...

but my focus is chasing the top 8... so its only 3 weeks to last for that.