What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supercoach 2012.

Deacon

First Grade
You've got some good backs but a bit light on in the forwards. There's too much money tied up in the halves there. Also looks like you won't have much of a backrow with Gallen out again.

If it were me, I'd think about getting rid of Soward (196K) for a nuffie like Tyrone Peachey (87.5K) then upgrade Austin to someone like Matt Ryan (223K) which would still leave you about 50K in the bank if my Maths works. You could get someone pricey like Taia or Houston but I've found Ryan to be pretty reliable. Then you just slip him on to the bench when Gal comes back.

I'd work on the front row next week. You need guys like Merrin, Farah, Graham and Woods. I'd think about trading in another half or some of the surplus outside backs for cheapies.

My 2 cents.

*edit* Slater hasn't been named this week. But TBH I'd still fix the backrow up and cop the AE............or hope that Slaimankhel plays. I'm having a similar issue with Hayne out.

Thanks Walt, yep Ive got some work to do and will take what youve suggested very seriously

Dogs Of War

Coach
THe more I think about it, the better it seems now that Luke is suspended. Hopefully the 3 weeks off sees him come back refreshed and biting at the bit to produce a very good performance. I don't really want to make any trades now unless a season ending injury comes in (you could call the Halatau one season ending given he can't play till week 2 of the finals, but it was one I was going to make eventually, just wanted to do it at just before the finals, subbed in Gavin Cooper which is a good upgrade anyway).

sting

Bench
Normally don't look for team advice but I'm generally puzzled as to what to do right now lol.

I'm pretty happy with my team, it has great depth my projected score is 1200+ again this week.

I'm coming like 500th overall so that's gone and my leagues are all good enough.

BUT! I'm in another comp (eliminator style) and the guy I'm up against scored about 30 more last round than I did and is like 50 places higher than me.

I only have 3 trades (This is according to plan so no dramas there) and don't want to trade twice this week (already brought Williams in), but I am keen to see some opinions of what other people would do to improve my team.

This is how I'll line up this week....

McQueen (Hayne)
Cooper, Mannering, Hurrell, Williams (BMorris, Moga, Maranta)
Thurston (Sironen)
Maloney (Reynolds)
C Smith, Woods, Graham (Luke, N Smith, R Thorby)
Parker, Fensom, Hindmarsh (Burgess, Fulton, Mateo)

3 reserves will be Burgess, Fulton and Mateo obviously and then tossing up between BMoz or Reynolds for 4th.

I have 3 trades and 150k in the bank. Anyone think it's worth bringing in Farah or Merrin? Or cancelling my Halatau - Williams trade and getting someone like Lyon, Jennings or Thompson, Barba, JMoz, etc as a POD?

I'm half happy to not do anything but my opponents projected score is higher for this week in my eliminator comp (which is weird cause I don't agree with some of the projections!)

Judging by his lineup our different players this week will be -

Me - McQueen, Morris, Thurston, Maloney, Fulton, Hindmarsh

vs

Him - Barba, R Robinson, Carney, Reynolds, Tolman, Myles.

Any points of view or fresh sets of eyes will be appreciated!

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
I would suggest no trades until finals time. 3 weeks is a long time in supercoach, anyone can get a suspension or injury that puts them out of action for the rest of the supercoach season. See how things are going in 3 weeks and then pose the question. Plus Barba scored 100 last week. That won't happen all the time, and once hayne is back, you will be able to negate or even better hold some advantage over him.

You also don't know how he is doing in the trades department, he may have very few left as well. So stick to your guns and just focus on the finals.

Btw t-Rex is the right call over any other backs, he should get 45-50 just playing and not doing anything amazing, more than you can say for most true back line players who seem to have those 30-35 point weeks.

If you do want 4 forward reserves, then Luke for merrin is the right choice. Farrah is just too inconsistent.

Last edited:

Edwahu

Bench
I broke my vow not to trade before the ginals and swapped out B.Henry for N.Smith. Now 5 trades left but I had to take the cash, as there might not be another good cheapie before the finals.

sting

Bench
Yeah I don't wanna do anything, but my priority is this week as opposed to the finals right now...

I think I'll just leave it.

My remaining trades are for Gallen and 2 emergencies.

Not too worries about injuries cause I've got a 1200+ team with Luke, Hayne, Reynolds/Morris not even playing. It'd be extremely bad luck to get that many injuries (said while touching everything wood around me)

What are peoples thoughts on 4th reserve - Reynolds or Morris? Interesting cause they're playing eachother... I feel Morris will be good for 45-50 odd and hopefully more if he can score. Reynolds, I'm worried he won't do so well in a dour low scoring match against the dragons..

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Trying to pick between Gillett and Grant for my final reserve this week. Both have been down on form so it's getting to coin flip territory.

user_nat

Coach
I'm 180 up with no unique players left, opponent has Gavin Cooper, Curtis Sironen and Aaron Woods.

Should be close. Screw you Carney.

shiznit

Coach
im down 137 with cooper, thurston, woods, farah & fulton. my opponent has cooper and heighington left.

after manu getting the chop and copping a AE of 27 from finucane.. carney has brought me back into the game...

andyman9999

Juniors
glad i offed carney when he peaked at 348k for mateo, im sitting on 909 with g cooper, woods, farah and fulton left to play

andyman9999

Juniors
1213 with updates to hopefully come, wish i didnt have such a poor early season, im killing it in the back end 3rd straight 1200 week

p.s go fulton and hindy you good things