What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supercoach 2012.

Redback71

First Grade
the young half from the titans and the one from the rabbits.

also titans hooker looks to be injured so need some one to fill in

Walt Flanigan

Referee
As predicted my team is nearly completely different to a few weeks ago.

Starting 17:

1. J. Hayne
2. K. Stanley
3. J. Croker
4. T. Moga
5. M. Vatuvei
6. T. Carney
7. A. Reynolds
8. J. Graham
9. C. Smith
10. S. Burgess
11. C. Parker (c)
12. P. Gallen
13. S. Fensom

14. N. Friend
15. A. Woods
16. C. Newton
17. J. Taumalolo

Geohood

Bench
After seeing how Merritt has gone at Fullback in the past, he looks like a Michael Gordon (at fb) and I've done my best to fit him in my team and now have Carney/Hayne halves in both Supercoach and Dreamteam with Merritt at fullback. Any thoughts? Risky?

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
1 spot left in this one - 146183

Started another comp just to fill up my last slot - 565309

Can't wait for team lists so I can finalise my squad.

Dogs Of War

Coach
wouldn't it be funny if parker gets injured in the first 10mins of round 1.

I stuffed up big time last year not having parker or gallen from rd 1. took me to round 5 before I got parker and round 8 or 9 to get gallen.

I had hindy as captain through out those rounds as captain and he was getting me around 120 whereas parker was getting double that.

Just wondering if Parker will get as many minutes as he has previously. Or even if he will kick. So currently I will leave him out of my side, and hope that is the case, and pick him up on the cheaper side. I am not playing to win the whole lot anyhow, just a head to head comp that I would love to win.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Parker's BNE is 90 something so if he slackens off and makes a few 70 point games (i love the fact that 70 odd is considered bludging for some players) he will drop and be worth grabbing him then.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Parker, Gallen and Smith now in with plenty left over. Took out Gordon and found a huge amount of cap to play with!

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Parker's BNE is 90 something so if he slackens off and makes a few 70 point games (i love the fact that 70 odd is considered bludging for some players) he will drop and be worth grabbing him then.

I tried doing that last year but didn't work out. He kept his price up for for the opening 5 rounds and in the end I was just penalising myself because I was missing the consistently high scores........and double because he would be your captain.

Grave_Digger

Juniors
Hey first post here, just doing some research for my supercoach and it lead me to this forum. Just looking for some feed back so i can get bragging rights in the work supercoach. Here's what i've come up with so far.

1. B.Slater
2. M.Vatuvei
3. K.Linnett
4. J.Ropati
5. D.Vidot
6. J.Thurston
7. S.Prince
8. C.Smith
9. J.Segeyaro
10. D.Buderus
11. C.Parker (C)
12. P.Gallen (VC)
13. J. Taumalolo

14. J.Hayne
15. M.King
16. G.Daniela
17. T.Moga
18. B.Marshall
19. A.Reynolds
20. P.Godinet
21. M.Groat
22. C.King
23. M.Masoe
24. B.Austin
25. K.Bromwich

-Haven't taken Hayne out just yet will wait to hear how his knee progresses in the next few weeks.

-Question marks over Segeyaro.

-Have gone Prince over Carney, just think the lure of an origin jersey will help reach that next level this year.

-Worried about having two Warriors in the wings and centers.

Any feed back would be welcome.

Cheers

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Personally I wouldn't have two expensive 5/8s and Fullbacks. I'm not a huge fan of Slater in Supercoach either.

So I'd get rid of Marshall and Slater for some cheaper options.

Kyle Stanley is a good back up option at Fullback. Personally I have Tedesco as my back up because he's been getting good game time in the trials and is on 85K.

Corey Norman for 150k makes a good backup 5/8 because he will be starting for the Broncos this year and you can interchange him with Hayne because they are both listed as 5/8s and Fullbacks.

Not a fan of Scott Prince either. If he re-captures his form he might go up to around 250K but if Todd Carney re-captures his 2010 form then will shoot past 300K.

I had Segeyaro last season and he made some decent coin for me but that's about as much as he made and I don't think he will improve much if at all. I like Aaron Woods for 209K because he scored well and should get more game time this years.

Sam Burgess is a must at 240K IMO. If he stays on the field this season his price will sky-rocket. Even better that you can pick him as a front rower.

You pretty much need to free up some cash and stack up on forwards (especially back rowers) because they're your consistent money makers. There's not as many bargains this season but there's some decent cheapies in the outside back department. I'd look at getting K. Sio and K. Hurell into your squad because they are both dirt cheap and look like certain starters for their team.

The only other thing I'd say is that I would consider dumping C. Smith from the front row and picking up S. Fensom in the back row. Fensom is more consistent with his scores.........you're pretty much guaranteed 60 points a game in just tackles.

All just my opinion of course.

Grave_Digger

Juniors
Personally I wouldn't have two expensive 5/8s and Fullbacks. I'm not a huge fan of Slater in Supercoach either.

So I'd get rid of Marshall and Slater for some cheaper options.

Kyle Stanley is a good back up option at Fullback. Personally I have Tedesco as my back up because he's been getting good game time in the trials and is on 85K.

Corey Norman for 150k makes a good backup 5/8 because he will be starting for the Broncos this year and you can interchange him with Hayne because they are both listed as 5/8s and Fullbacks.

Not a fan of Scott Prince either. If he re-captures his form he might go up to around 250K but if Todd Carney re-captures his 2010 form then will shoot past 300K.

I had Segeyaro last season and he made some decent coin for me but that's about as much as he made and I don't think he will improve much if at all. I like Aaron Woods for 209K because he scored well and should get more game time this years.

Sam Burgess is a must at 240K IMO. If he stays on the field this season his price will sky-rocket. Even better that you can pick him as a front rower.

You pretty much need to free up some cash and stack up on forwards (especially back rowers) because they're your consistent money makers. There's not as many bargains this season but there's some decent cheapies in the outside back department. I'd look at getting K. Sio and K. Hurell into your squad because they are both dirt cheap and look like certain starters for their team.

The only other thing I'd say is that I would consider dumping C. Smith from the front row and picking up S. Fensom in the back row. Fensom is more consistent with his scores.........you're pretty much guaranteed 60 points a game in just tackles.

All just my opinion of course.

So backs are better for cash cows? and should have my forwards loaded up with keepers?

Ok i'll have a tinker.

Thanks for the help.

Man5ki3

Juniors
Hey guys

I've been going stupid with the fantasy league, bit of an obsession lol :)

Anyways here is my team, hopefully I can get some feed back from you guys to help me build a better team! I've gone for a big back row and as many cash cows as I could spot.... Here is my team

1. K. Stanley
2. T. Moga
3. L. Tuquiri
4. M. King
5. K. Hurrell
6. T. Carney
7. A. Reynolds
8. I. Luke
9. C. Smith (VC)
10. R. Farrah
11. C. Parker (C)
12. S. Fensom
13. N. Hindmarsh

14. D. Buderus
15. L. Burgress
16. S. burgress
17. R. Hinchcliffe

18. J. Tedesco
19. M. Pangui
20. K. Sio
21. J. Ropati
22. T. Peachey
23. R. Carr
24. C. Newton
25. D. Laurie

That's my team :)

Cash cows - tedesco, sio, ropati, Newton, Both burgess boys, reynolds, Hurrell, moga, tuquiri, king, carney, Stanley, buderus

Guns - Parker, Fensom, Farrah, hindy, smith, luke

Walt Flanigan

Referee
So backs are better for cash cows? and should have my forwards loaded up with keepers?

Ok i'll have a tinker.

Thanks for the help.

Pretty much. But don't get me wrong, 2nd rower cash cows are the best.......but rare this year. I think you already have two of them in J. Taumalolo and B. Austin. A lot of people are banking on Clint Newton but I'm not 100% sold on him.

You have to pay attention outside backs form though because they fluctuate the most. Mainly because most of them rely on trys for their points (and that's an inconsistent method of scoring). So you kind of have to judge when they are at their maximum price.

The best outside backs to have IMO are either fullbacks (because they get a lot of points from kick returns/hit ups) and guys who are listed as centres but are actually back rowers (Simon Mannering for example)

But make sure you pay attention to the Round 1 team announcement. It will be obvious who the best cheapies to buy are then. I know I'll be doing a lot of re-shuffling then!

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Hey guys

I've been going stupid with the fantasy league, bit of an obsession lol :)

Anyways here is my team, hopefully I can get some feed back from you guys to help me build a better team! I've gone for a big back row and as many cash cows as I could spot.... Here is my team

1. K. Stanley
2. T. Moga
3. L. Tuquiri
4. M. King
5. K. Hurrell
6. T. Carney
7. A. Reynolds
8. I. Luke
9. C. Smith (VC)
10. R. Farrah
11. C. Parker (C)
12. S. Fensom
13. N. Hindmarsh

14. D. Buderus
15. L. Burgress
16. S. burgress
17. R. Hinchcliffe

18. J. Tedesco
19. M. Pangui
20. K. Sio
21. J. Ropati
22. T. Peachey
23. R. Carr
24. C. Newton
25. D. Laurie

That's my team :)

Cash cows - tedesco, sio, ropati, Newton, Both burgess boys, reynolds, Hurrell, moga, tuquiri, king, carney, Stanley, buderus

Guns - Parker, Fensom, Farrah, hindy, smith, luke

Not a bad side at all.

I would get rid of Isaac Luke though. He's ok but only worth the 300K+ if he's goal kicking, which it appears he isn't. I believe Reynolds will be goal kicking at this stage which is what makes him a great buy.

Robbie Farah is a tricky one too. He is capable of really high scores but is inconsistent and you can generally pick him up a lot cheaper during the season.

I've overlooked Hindmarsh at the start of this season. I'd much prefer Gallen in my side. He's expensive but I believe there's two players you can't afford to start without (Parker and Gallen). I've done the same thing in previous years and been burned by not starting with them.

I like Hinchcliffe but would save 50k by getting Aaron Woods. Good work rate and should get more game time this year.

A bit of a question mark of Tuqiri too. He can get up to 200k but has become a bit injury prone. For around the same price I'd consider Vidot, Ropate or Tagtese. Tagatese will play in the backrow for the Sharks and may be a good earner. If Vidot starts he will exceed 200k because he runs the ball a lot and can find the line. Rumor has it that Ropate will move into the forwards which allow for some bigger scores and price increases.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Still looking to fill up places for 431369 (Concha Cup) and 864865 (Kangaroo Cup). So if you just want to add another comp (or two), add one of these.

shiznit

Coach
Ive got a league im trying to fill... 950431 (Mo-Towns Finest)

its a secondary league that we are just doing for fun... there's a couple of newbies in there... but there's also a few big gun players in there... our main league ended up the highest in NZ last season.... so it would be a good little option if you wanted to see how you squared up against some top dudes...

Last edited: