What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

Nevcost

Juniors
I'm going to get rid of T-Rex and Matteo and replace them with Hoffman and Watmough

1. Kurt Gidley
2. Greg Inglis
3. Michael Gordon
4. Jacob Loko
5. Reece Robinson
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Aidan Sezer
8. Robbie Farah (C)
9. Cameron Smith
10. Jamie Buhrer
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Ben Te'o

14. George Burgess
15. Jack Buchanan
16. Tohu Harris
17. Nathan Smith

Last edited:

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Aubusson is on my never again list after last year seeing him go from about 220 into the mid 100s.

I wish I could hang onto Williams because I'm sure he's due for a big one but he just looks so lazy. Upgrading to Farah for the time being seems a no brainer and with the extra trades I can get Williams back once my cows have paid off.

Tooooks

Bench
I ended up giving T-Rex another week in the centres. Dumped Mateo and Hinchcliffe and brought in Greg Bird and Watmong.

Due to Tigers Eels matches nearly always being high scoring (first game last year 61 points, second game 70+), I've put Farah as captain.

beads6

First Grade
I ended up trading out Williams for Lillyman and Whare for Gillett. I changed my mind 100 times.

ek999

First Grade
Farah's a no brainer as captain IMO. Averaging over 100 first 2 rounds and playing the Eels

Tooooks

Bench
Farah's a no brainer as captain IMO. Averaging over 100 first 2 rounds and playing the Eels

Yeah, true. Tigers get flogged, he scores high. Tigers win, he scores higher. Eels will definitely leak some points and chances are, he'll have a hand in some of their tries.

Utey

Coach
This week will be my first ever that Cam Smith isn't my captain, come on Robbie, go hard.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I didn't play him, I played Harris instead. Also captained Farah instead of Smith which I'm sure is going to be a huge mistake.

hardbaby

Coach
I risked Aubo even though he is on my "never again" file but I am just doing it for cash. Meteo is going to go down about $35K and Aubo will go up the same. So it's a smart (albeit temporary) trade. I did another similar switch in a different position. So next week I'll effectively be up $140K. Stick on the slow increases after that for 2 weeks then probably buy back into the original players. The whole "never trade a keeper thing is bullshit". This is exactly the time to do so but have a plan on how to get out at max money and only do it once or twice per season. This was the round as anyone who kept Tony Williams will tell you next Tuesday. I'll buy him for SFA in Round 5/6 and use the Aubo money to do it. That's a huge turn around and it cost me 2 trades. Who cares?

ek999

First Grade
Also hoping there is a lot of points scored tonight. I've got Hayne, Sandow, Marshall and Farah playing. A high point scoring game tonight will set me up for a really good week.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I risked Aubo even though he is on my "never again" file but I am just doing it for cash. Meteo is going to go down about $35K and Aubo will go up the same. So it's a smart (albeit temporary) trade. I did another similar switch in a different position. So next week I'll effectively be up $140K. Stick on the slow increases after that for 2 weeks then probably buy back into the original players. The whole "never trade a keeper thing is bullshit". This is exactly the time to do so but have a plan on how to get out at max money and only do it once or twice per season. This was the round as anyone who kept Tony Williams will tell you next Tuesday. I'll buy him for SFA in Round 5/6 and use the Aubo money to do it. That's a huge turn around and it cost me 2 trades. Who cares?

I agree, there's an extra 10 trades this year so if you can use them early and make some cash to set yourself up for later. The not trading a keeper line of thought is based on the fact you're burning 2 trades to get them back.

The only downside is Mateo firing off multiple 100 point games, which probably isn't that likely.