What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take Action on the Development.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
The agency and council submissions are concerning. I notice council has requested to make a further submission after the public submissions are collated and they advise the next council meeting isn't till 30th January

newman

First Grade
The agency and council submissions are concerning. I notice council has requested to make a further submission after the public submissions are collated and they advise the next council meeting isn't till 30th January

Doesn't mean it will be granted, the developer will go hard against that happening. The council had an extended consultation period to put any submissions in and the one they submitted was garbage. State govt wants these 3a apps wrapped up too so they can cut the guts out of the department now that they are discontinued.

Megalodon

Juniors
I'm pretty sure it will be early April at the absolute latest. Megalodon will know for sure.

Small unavoidable delays encountered.

Tweaking and refinement under way.

Full steam ahead though and a determination estimated to be delivered between "Representative Weekend" (April 20-22) and SOO1 (May 23)

All good.

Ausguy

Coach
Frenz dont worry too much about the agency submissions, i read them all as well and although they ask for some really obivous stuff, that stuff has mostly been considered. The way the submissions have been writen is like the developers have not considered it, but apparently they have.

Doesnt paint a good picture from the outside looking in though.

newman

First Grade

Full steam ahead though and a determination estimated to be delivered between "Representative Weekend" (April 20-22) and SOO1 (May 23)

All good.

Always gonna happen I suppose.

All good.

werent we given a march deadline by westpac though?

newman

First Grade
Not hard to go back to the bank and say "look, our approval has been put back 8 weeks". The bank doesnt want to foreclose unless absolutely necessary, it's a ton NE of extra work for them."

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Doesn't mean it will be granted, the developer will go hard against that happening. The council had an extended consultation period to put any submissions in and the one they submitted was garbage. State govt wants these 3a apps wrapped up too so they can cut the guts out of the department now that they are discontinued.

Of course it doesn't. Nothing to suggest it wouldn't be either.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Frenz dont worry too much about the agency submissions, i read them all as well and although they ask for some really obivous stuff, that stuff has mostly been considered. The way the submissions have been writen is like the developers have not considered it, but apparently they have.

Doesnt paint a good picture from the outside looking in though.

Not worried about the submissions per se. Of more concern are the people who assess these emotive documents.

The other thing is I don't see munch advantage to the government by having DOP approve the development. That's too bad as 80% of the decisions made by these Liberals are driven by what the govt gets out of them. $$ wise that is.

R2Coupe

Juniors

A quick check of local newspapers will inform you the Planning Dept is also dealing with a number of issues of much greater significance such as windfarm policy, mining DAs, Coal Seam Gas, South Tralee, South West and North West growth centres. Hardly issues which can be "wrapped up" so the Dept can be "discontinued".

The more I read of your advice the more I am comforted the outcome will be better for residents.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
A quick check of local newspapers will inform you the Planning Dept is also dealing with a number of issues of much greater significance such as windfarm policy, mining DAs, Coal Seam Gas, South Tralee, South West and North West growth centres. Hardly issues which can be "wrapped up" so the Dept can be "discontinued".

The more I read of your advice the more I am comforted the outcome will be better for residents.

f**k me I'm a saints fan & even you shit me to tears.