What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take Action on the Development.

Quigs

Immortal
Nothing but nothing will be able to decrease the size of the Gal Tower complex. It will be our very centre of excellence.

Weaponhead

Coach
At 600 units we should make approx. $13m from the residential side. I think we get 10% of the gross on units after 314. Assuming an average of $450k per unit it comes to about $12.8m.

The $10m up front will get the debt under control. This is massive because the interest smashes our financials.

The rent from the retail is supposed to be $1m+. This will coupled with the reduction in debt will get us into a much more competitive position.

Frailty

First Grade
Good to see positive comments in the Leader comment section. Whether true or not, someone who was against the development has said they are impressed with the response and support the amended plan.

Things are going too well at the moment...

amcoglory

Juniors
Dont know if anyone saw the article in the paper last week about Capis and his hostelat miranda, was been shut down because they couldnt do the paper work to get government money.

lucky the sharks have a big model of the development in the club so he dosent have to read the DA paperwork

the dyslexic pri#

ratsack2

Juniors
I am a bit worried, this was supposed to be our BIG cash cow, btu ti looks like after all the effort all it is going to do is just cover our debts.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
The debt is what is choking the club....interest being paid is dead money. Even if we come out with close to a clean slate and some ongoing cash from the commercial rent then we're cheering. Not to mention upgrading the club etc.

Weaponhead

Coach
Ratsack - The $10m up front will make a huge differnece to our operation. We currently pay big money in interest on loans every year. That is money straight down the drain and is what currently threatens us the most. Once the development is approved this comes down to manageable levels and the bank is off our back.

The rents from the retail side are supposed to be $1m+ per year. This gives us some additional income and does not consider the flow on affect to the leagues club. Better facilities means more people in the area, means more patrons for the leagues, means better financial results etc.

The income stream from the residential side will take a while to kick in but will provide a nice amount of cash that will need to be invested smartly.

Will we be the richest club in the comp, no way but we will have a much more sustainable business model than most. We are used to living within our means so any windfalls can be used well to improve the club. When the NRL grant goes up to match the salary cap it will be another boost to our situation.

Quigs

Immortal
I'm cheering and we are broke.

I'm broke.

I can relate to that band of merry men. I am as happy as a pig in Sh!t.

Madsharkie

First Grade
...and the positive perception of potential players i.e. a financially stable club, starting to get some wins under the belt, 2012 premiership etc ;)
Has to make it easier to recruit talent (even if it's the younger/unproven guys with potential).

Weaponhead

Coach
The feelgood factor does make a difference. A positive vibe in the joint gets around the league circles. If this gets approved and we are going well it all helps.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Dont know if anyone saw the article in the paper last week about Capis and his hostelat miranda, was been shut down because they couldnt do the paper work to get government money.

lucky the sharks have a big model of the development in the club so he dosent have to read the DA paperwork

the dyslexic pri#

Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?

roboshark

Coach
Apparently the council voted against supporting the sharks proposal tonight at council meeting

Merkins

Tucky

Juniors
Sorry if I'm going over old ground here, but does the council saying yay or nay have anything to do with final outcome?

Latest posts