What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take Action on the Development.

roboshark

Coach
No they have no say in final outcome but to have the local council against it sure doesn't help I wouldn't think

Weaponhead

Coach
why would they support it now, they didnt before so they would hardly change their mind...

Because they are politicians and they change their mind to whatever they reckon will win votes. A bit surprised they didn't get on board because we are winning and the bandwagon is taking new passengers now.

Ausguy

Coach
in my mind the issue with them is that they along with the rest of thie shire is an aging population... i dont live their anymore but i go back every weekend and its the same as 1990...

time to move forward SS....

Card Shark

Immortal
in my mind the issue with them is that they along with the rest of thie shire is an aging population... i dont live their anymore but i go back every weekend and its the same as 1990...

That's pretty much it.

carcharias

Immortal

rest of cronulla maybe.

come over to Engadine.
It is over flowing with young kids.

I am stoked I moved here ....my kids have made tons of mates at school .
Everyone lives close by.
All the kids go to each others houses on weekends.
It is like 1980.
In fact I am pretty sure there is some sort of time travel portal as you drive in.

carcharias

Immortal
Cronulla Sharks believes that it has put forward a compelling case for a much-needed new town centre for Sutherland Shire.

‘‘The concept plan scheme provides for up to 600 dwellings, a supermarket and specialty retail premises, medical facilities and public open space, all of which are in short supply within Sutherland Shire on a suitable site,’’ the club and its development partner concluded in their report to the Planning Department.
‘‘The project will deliver substantial environmental, social and economic benefits to the Sutherland Shire community and will not result in any significant adverse environmental impacts.’’
It was a ‘‘unique opportunity’’, the consortium has submitted.
The 10 hectare site was one of the last privately held sites within the sub-region that was consolidated, sufficiently sized and able to be connected to the existing urban framework, and serviced by public transport, roads, utilities and open space.
Reducing the heights of several buildings in the residential component was part of consortium’s response to community feedback.
Other areas which were addressed included:

RETAIL CENTRE
Forty-four per cent of public submissions identified the retail and club component as a positive feature, while only 1 per cent objected to it.
Under the revised plan, parking would move to level three, with the retail and club components housed on the bottom two floors.
This would lead to greater interaction between the facilities, a slightly reduced building height and an improved streetscape.
JOBS:
The report took exception to the council’s observation that, after construction, only 540 ‘‘low-skilled jobs’’ would be available.
To dismiss the benefits of the creation of new hospitality and retail jobs ‘‘fails to recognise the important contribution made by this significant group of shire residents and workers’’, the report said.

PARKING
An extra 100 visitor parking spaces would be provided in the residential component, exceeding the prescribed rate, while 42 more spaces would be included in the club-retail precinct.
On game days, the satellite parking plan would use areas such Wanda beach car park, Woolooware High School and Cronulla High School.
It had been made clear parking would take place only on sealed areas, not playing fields.

TRAFFIC
Changes to the residential and retail components would result in a 12-13
per cent reduction in vehicle movements during peak travelling periods.

BUSES
Transport for NSW had confirmed the project would be able to support a new bus service but had not yet given approval, as it was outside the government’s four-year funding cycle. As an interim measure, a privately-operated bus service would run to and from Woolooware station from 2016

http://www.theleader.com.au/news/lo...w-town-centre-needed/2539137.aspx?storypage=0

Ausguy

Coach
JOBS:
The report took exception to the council’s observation that, after construction, only 540 ‘‘low-skilled jobs’’ would be available.
To dismiss the benefits of the creation of new hospitality and retail jobs ‘‘fails to recognise the important contribution made by this significant group of shire residents and workers’’, the report said.

Suck shit... i knew this comment they made would come back to bite them... 500+ jobs is 500 jobs ya geniuss!

Frenzy.

Immortal

540 more councillors?