What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take Action on the Development.

taipan

Referee
I received twp PAC letters in the mail today,both giving the date of the meeting.
Got a horrible feeling these meetings will be loaded with the usual anti development stooges.

I received twp PAC letters in the mail today,both giving the date of the meeting.
Got a horrible feeling these meetings will be loaded with the usual anti development stooges.
I only got one But it said Pac Pac .I hope that the smarter people who can see the advantages of the development ,even from a GREEN point of view will easily overcome the anti-development stooges . But I could be wrong.- After all a lot of people swallowed the anti-republican crap too.

Feej

First Grade
Hopefully this will keep the dingbats quiet:
Speakers are asked to focus their comments on the Assessment Report and Recommended Conditions.

...but I doubt it.

Weaponhead

Coach
The developers handle this stuff all the time. They will make a professional, well reasoned argument that will blow away the nay sayers. Councils arguments will fall flat as they are irrational opposition to development. The fact the developers have compromised in the process shows goodwill. The proposal has been found to appropriate for the site and to have many community benefits. This will overcome rants about traffic etc.

Ausguy

Coach
seems this was happening all along...

however anyone who wants to attend and speak up cant go back to the original issues, seems they can only comment on the most recent approval and details surrounding it. Therefore traffic etc wont be discussed

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Shops will survive Sharks and brick pit developments, according to study
BY MURRAY TREMBATH
11 Jul, 2012 04:00 AM
NEIGHBOURING shopping centres would cope despite losing up to 14 per cent of their trade to two new retail complexes proposed for Sutherland Shire, independent studies have found.
The studies concluded centres around the Cronulla Sharks site were trading well and were unlikely to be affected, while the viability of those affected by the Kirrawee brick pit proposal was also unlikely to be threatened.

Furthermore, there was such an undersupply of supermarket floor space in the shire that the two developments would not even meet the existing demand requirements.

The study of the Sharks' proposal said 500 jobs would be directly created as part of the operation of a new retail centre.

As for adjoining centres, Taren Point would be the hardest hit with a 14 per cent loss of trade, followed by Caringbah (12 per cent), Woolooware (10 per cent) and other centres, including Cronulla, (5 per cent or less).

The brick pit project study said that Kirrawee shopping strip would suffer a 14 per cent loss of trade, Kareela 10.9 per cent, Sutherland 8.3 per cent and Gymea 6.1 per cent.

'Wait until it rains'

Ron Stapleton of Stapleton's Meats, Gymea, believes the impact on their shopping strip will be far greater than forecast by the study.

"It won't affect us much because we have an established clientele and no one can match what we do, but I think half the other Gymea shops could close if the brick pit development goes ahead," he said.

The biggest impact would be seen in bad weather.

''If you have two weeks of rain, you will see a 40 per cent drop in trade because people prefer to park under cover,'' he said.

http://www.theleader.com.au/news/lo...-developments-according-to-study/2619691.aspx

taipan

Referee
but dont forget they are low skilled jobs... so apparently they dont count hey Mrs Provan.

So the doctors in the medical centre will come straight out of a butcher's apprenticeship.Or maybe a couple of the girls who hold the slow,stop signs on roadworks,will be diagnosing flu symptoms.
Judging by the efforts on the council in the past and present,they are performing as though they were low skilled jobs.Just say no or nyet on developments

Madsharkie

First Grade
I must be a d#*khead... won't the extra accomodation space mean more people will live in the shire? And would I be wrong in assuming they will only shop at the new development? FFS wake up haters! It's called progress. Focus on the positives.

Latest posts