What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take Action on the Development.

Hey Coupe, just one thought for you.

When the development is passed and the foundations start, I Will spare a thought for you, have a beer and laugh my guts out at you.

Thanks for all your dribble during the process, been quite amusing actually!

Why on earth people bother trying to justify the development to a bitter old west tigers fan with a pushy missus and spoiled brat kids, it beyond me

Last edited:

Yadamish

Juniors
Quite a few parents were discussing this today at footy. None of the discussion was positive and most are Sharks' supporters.

I call BS because it is the opposite at my club.

Typical NIMBY making stories up because FACTs don't suit their argument.

The war is over mate. Don't worry you will be able to shop at the development in a couple of years and you will realise what a goose you have been trying to fight it.

Yadamish

Juniors
The issue is not anti development, it is development which is obscene and out of scale with the surrounding suburbs. Those not familiar with the issue should be aware most of the support for this development is from supporters living outside of Cronulla, Wooloware and Caringbah.

What crap. More actual locals (from Cronulla, Woolooware, Caringbah and Kurnell) spoke for the development than against it at the PAC!!!!!!!!!!!!! Besides it won't just be locals from these suburbs who will use the development's facilities, so the matter is mute.

The 19% who spoke against were all ME, ME, ME and I and were in a distinct older age group. Those who spoke in favour had speeches highlighting the whole community benefit and were aged from 20's to retirees.

This wasn't lost on the PAC either.

The Councillors who spoke against actually helped the ?for? cause, they were so bad.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Makes you wonder how they got voted in in the first place. These new developments have now exposed them for what they are, backfire much?

If I lived back in the Shire I would be taking a bit more notice of the next Council elections.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Hey Coupe, just one thought for you.

When the development is passed and the foundations start, I Will spare a thought for you, have a beer and laugh my guts out at you.

Thanks for all your dribble during the process, been quite amusing actually!

Why on earth people bother trying to justify the development to a bitter old west tigers fan with a pushy missus and spoiled brat kids, it beyond me

I've heard this can work wonders for tht sort of thing

shades-of-grey_2251523b.jpg

Quigs

Immortal
Whooo hooo - just do it.

Isn't it going to be great to know that our Grandkids kids will one day be watching the NRL and be able to say to one another.

"hey isn't the Cronulla side the side that our stupid old Great Grandad followed"

Long live the Sharks !!!!

carcharias

Immortal
You should see the front page of today's leader.
George is spewin... He voted for the road up past shark park to be widened.
Now the mangroves are getting ripped out he is spewin.
What a dopey merkin!
Did he not ask the question of "what goes to make way for the new road"?!!!!

How on Earth did he he in?
He gets paid for this job from what I can gather.
Between 7 k and 20 oddk for a counciler in a small rural town.
The bigger the area ... The more dosh!

I am on the iPhone so maybe someone can get a link up for me.
It is all on the sutho council website.

Havoc

Juniors
He gets paid for this job from what I can gather.
Between 7 k and 20 oddk for a counciler in a small rural town.
The bigger the area ... The more dosh!

Sutherland Council is classed as a Metropolitan Centre for the purposes of rumuneration for councillors (although they applied last year to be upgraded to Metro Major and were knocked back).

This means a Councillor will recieve a minimum of $11640 and maximum of $21700.

Old Carol also graciously accepts a further $24700 - $57660 for being the Mayor.

Here's the link if you want some light reading.... http://www.dpc.nsw.gov.au/__data/as...012_Report_and_determination_gazette_copy.pdf