What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 2012!!

Alex28

Coach
Jon Green?

I mean...if you were a prop are you going to go to play under a coach that thinks no matter how good you are you aren't worth any more than say 60% of what your halfback might be paid?

And...is $300K in say 2007 (when Petero left) the same as $300K in 2012? Wayne ignores inflation and the like?

Not to doubt the great man but it is a pretty narrow minded point of view to take.

Matt23

Staff member
The article was written by Slothfield & Ritchie, so it could also be a crock of shyte...could also be wishful thinking from Slothfield too, being a sharks fan and all.

Silent Knight

First Grade
As far as I'm concerned, in Wayne we trust. He will find the necessary players to turn us into a premiership contender. Just go with the flow and everything will pan out just fine.

Apey

Staff member
If Wayne says he is not worth $350K a year then so be it.

Agreed, as they say, in Wayne we trust. If he is confident we can go without spending over $300k on props then I wouldn't be one to doubt him.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Rubbish. De Gois has to stay. We need a decent centre more than we need to burn a hooker for no real reason. He could be a Knight for the next 6 or 7 years and you want to cut him for someone who has maybe 3 years left with us?

Whilst I don't want to lose Degois, your fixation on young players and getting rid of players past a certain age is ridiculous. There is such a thing known as an overall balance to a team. Shame you haven't ever demonstrated an understanding in this...

Last edited:

Perth Knights

Juniors
I am very confused about why the Knights never approached Douglas. He is a quality young prop with at least 100 first grade games of experience and someone who would have been a great addition to our club. So where were the Knights in any discussions about potentially bringing him to our club. Did we actually speak to his management?

Would also like to know how the Titans can stay under the salary cap with Idris and Douglas signed up and Champion pondering a move North. Must be a big shakeup about to happen at the Titans next year.

Matt23

Staff member
Would also like to know how the Titans can stay under the salary cap with Idris and Douglas signed up and Champion pondering a move North. Must be a big shakeup about to happen at the Titans next year.
...yeah and the only player they seem to be losing is Friend, maybe they've hired a very good accountant :sarcasm:

Fingerbang

Bench
Bennett let Jason Ryles and Justin Poore go because both wanted more than the magical $300k mark.....pretty sure losing neither of them affected the Dragons performances over the last 2 years.

I think Tinkler is smart enough to not challenge Wayne when it comes to choosing recruits.....but can he refrain from butting in over 4 years?

drago brelli

Bench
It is going to be interesting to witness the inter play between Bennett and Tinkler. Bennett doesn't like people interfering in his team or with the playing group. At St.G/Illa his voice is the only voice the players hear. He won't like Snowden being imposed upon him by Tinkler, for $250 000 a year maybe but not the reported $400 000. Bennett likes honest toilers who can perform one of two tasks in a game yet do them to a high standard. Michael Greenfield is off contract and may be Jon Green as well. I rate Jon Green he is terrific.

Alex28

Coach
Whilst I don't want to lose Degois, your fixation on young players and getting rid of players past a certain age is ridiculous. There is such a thing known as an overall balance to a team. Shame you haven't ever demonstrated an understanding in this...

Hey...yet another chance to take a shot at me. This is a good one. You actually agree with me, yet are taking the opportunity to bag me none the less.

So...even though you agree with me...you tell me mate...can you genuinely see Kurt Gidley playing to the age of 36? If you can, then great. Lets get rid of De Gois because we have a guy that can do the job for the next 7 years and we don't need him. Forget the fact that there isn't a 36 year old playing in the competition at all.

You tell me how Kurt Gidley will play for the next 7 years so I can get this understanding you are craving me to "demonstrate".

Nuffy

Bench
Hey...yet another chance to take a shot at me. This is a good one. You actually agree with me, yet are taking the opportunity to bag me none the less.

So...even though you agree with me...you tell me mate...can you genuinely see Kurt Gidley playing to the age of 36? If you can, then great. Lets get rid of De Gois because we have a guy that can do the job for the next 7 years and we don't need him. Forget the fact that there isn't a 36 year old playing in the competition at all.

You tell me how Kurt Gidley will play for the next 7 years so I can get this understanding you are craving me to "demonstrate".

I think mad dog is 36

Alex28

Coach
Not yet he isn't (come 8 May he is).

He also averages 10 games a year. Just what we'd need in a hooker.

RABK

Referee
I'll be the first to criticise WB if it happened - signing Emmett would be a dumb, pointless move. He is nearing 30 with half the ability of our current 2nd rowers and he is no answer to our centre shortage.

Latest posts