What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for this weekend

Johns Magic

Referee
Jobdog said:
See the difference btwn the two benches. It is the length of the Hume highway as far as impact goes. The Broncos bench is absolutely huge. We really need to add one of the PL forwards to the bench to replace Brown,Lowrie or even Mullen. On the subject of Mullen, he is either good enough to be in First Grade or he's not.

According to 90% of ppl in here, he should be 5/8. Why the f**k can't Hagan realise this? Its a bit like "Jarrod, you're not good enough to be in First Grade, but if Joey gets injured, you'll help us out." What a copout. Deadset. As for Seage, why isn't Hinton in the side for? Hinton IMO has much more to offer than Seage. Sure, Seagey is as safe as houses at the back, but Hinton would offer more in attack. We need that without Milton. I would have thought that your PL fullback SHOULD BE the backup to your first grade fullback. Hinton is that person, so if he's good enough to keep Seage out of fullback in PL, he must be doing something right. Hence, he should be in the team now that Milton is injured.

Firstly, Mullen isn't really ready yet. Look at Inglis, Soward, Tim Smith, Thurston, etc...All very good juniors who weren't rushed and turned up trumps. Are you calling Craig Bellamy a bad coach?

Secondly, Seage is more versatile than Hinton. This would be a reason why Hinton gets the gig at fullback in PL.

Since when is Seage a bad attacker? He had one poor game, after plenty of great ones in previous seasons. I doubt he'll let anyone down this weekend.

roopy

Referee
I'd love to see Mullen and Walsh teamed up in PL - Mullen running off Walsh was a beautiful thing in SG Ball two years ago - and both have improved %1000 since then.
A great playmaker like Walsh with a great running 5/8 like Mullen is a rare combination - all they need is Dureau to fill in at both half and 5/8 and the three musketeers would be back together.
Mullen should be learning his skills with as much game time at the level he is ready for that we can give him. He isn't better than Kidley yet - but he will be by next season - and probably a rep player the year after.

Roy

Juniors
Our bench isnt that bad realy, we have a mobile bench where the broncos have all there big men. I think we will just try to run the broncos pack around like the bulldogs.

I dont no why we fear the broncos so much they all they have in attack it lockyer, hunt and hodges. They have no halfback or hooker. Imo they dont have much in attack at all.

The key match up i think will be carmont on hodges, hodges is the form center in the game imo an carmont will have to have a big game to stop him.

I think mullen will play some hooker, to give bedsy a rest.

RABK

Referee
Roy said:
Our bench isnt that bad realy, we have a mobile bench where the broncos have all there big men. I think we will just try to run the broncos pack around like the bulldogs.

I dont no why we fear the broncos so much they all they have in attack it lockyer, hunt and hodges. They have no halfback or hooker. Imo they dont have much in attack at all.

The key match up i think will be carmont on hodges, hodges is the form center in the game imo an carmont will have to have a big game to stop him.

I think mullen will play some hooker, to give bedsy a rest.

Thankyou.

WTF is with all the negativity?

It's nearly the same team that has run out all year. Give Snowden or White a run just to try and match it on the scales with the Broncos?

Great logic there...

Jono078

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
Thankyou.

WTF is with all the negativity?

It's nearly the same team that has run out all year. Give Snowden or White a run just to try and match it on the scales with the Broncos?

Great logic there...

For me it is that we wont have the strong go forward for the full 80 minutes to let Johns do his magic, will be hard for him if we cant gain the metres.

But I can see what he means by us being more mobile. It could suit us if we do it properly.

You dont win games if you dont go forward RBK.

Have a look at the punch that the their bench has RBK imagine bringing them on when our forwards are tired particularly our two biggest workhorses Simo and Bedsy when they back up.

They'll make metres virtually at will.

And Davico cant be ready to match them yet the fellas just getting over a massive injury and can you really imagine Lowrie, Brown and Mullen stopping them in the their tracks?

Unfortunately their forwards are likely to open up a tremendous amount of metres which in turn will allow plenty of second phase and we all know what that leads too.

Frederick

Staff member
Sir Knight82 said:
You dont win games if you dont go forward RBK.

Have a look at the punch that the their bench has RBK imagine bringing them on when our forwards are tired particularly our two biggest workhorses Simo and Bedsy when they back up.

They'll make metres virtually at will.

And Davico cant be ready to match them yet the fellas just getting over a massive injury and can you really imagine Lowrie, Brown and Mullen stopping them in the their tracks?

Unfortunately their forwards are likely to open up a tremendous amount of metres which in turn will allow plenty of second phase and we all know what that leads too.
So the game's played in your head, is it? None of us know what's going to happen until the game actually starts. For all we know, our small forwards may not only match it with the Broncos, they could outclass them all over the field. Whilst I'm not happy with Hages decision to only have one prop on the bench, it seemed to work last week, who's to say it wont work this week?

RABK

Referee
Yup, just like the Bulldogs were going to run straight through us.

Having an 103kgs on you does not mean you're going to be making more metre then a 98 kg bloke.

Oh and you see who's in the number 7 jersey? How many times has he gone into Origin or indeed a game with Newcastle and played a monster pack but done nothing but turn them around and shift the ball around rendering them useless lards of sh*t?

I don't have enough fingers or toes...

Just amazes me that these "small" forwards are the same blokes who have been carving up bigger packs all year yet were now a bunch of school boys about to get torn apart by a pack we matched when most of these guys were 19/20 yr old rookies in 04?

Need i remind you of the premiers pack weight last year?

You've all jumped the gun in calling that a horrible team, it's close to the team we've had all year. And i know our forwards will prove you wrong.

Captain Fred, I suspected that you had a extremely limited understanding of Rugby League via some of your previously mind boggling posts.

Now I am sure.

Comparing playing the Rabbitohs the perputual wooden spooners to the Brisbane Bronco's is just foolish.

Saying that our forwards outclass Petro, Webcke, Carroll, Thorne and Sam Thaiday is just ludicrous.

In our pack Simpson and Buderus can claim to be of the same calibre the others may in the future be able to but at the moment certainly cannot.

I hate to be harsh Fred but thats one idiotic post to many.

Having an 103kgs on you does not mean you're going to be making more metre then a 98 kg bloke.

Oh and you see who's in the number 7 jersey? How many times has he gone into Origin or indeed a game with Newcastle and played a monster pack but done nothing but turn them around and shift the ball around rendering them useless lards of sh*t?

Just amazes me that these "small" forwards are the same blokes who have been carving up bigger packs all year yet were now a bunch of school boys about to get torn apart by a pack we matched when most of these guys were 19/20 yr old rookies in 04?

You've all jumped the gun in calling that a horrible team, it's close to the team we've had all year. And i know our forwards will prove you wrong.

RBK that night we had Perry and Tolar comming off the bench in the form of their career, now we have Davico who's comming back from a huge injury.

And yes RBK they said that but your also the same man who said we'd win Johns or Johnsless against Melbourne......

And I havent called it a horrible team our starting 13 is very impossing, however what I and others are critical of is the bench particularly against the Bronco's bench.

Frederick

Staff member
Excuse my french, mate, but you have no f**king right questiong my knowledge of rugby league, you cocksnap.

Oh, and for the record:
Australian Kangaroos playing in the RU World Cup
](*,)
5,458 posts of pure and utter dribble

You compared Brisbane to Souths.

You said that our forward pack outclassed theirs.

Keep on dragging up something from 18 months ago buddy :) Just proves my point that you have nothing.

Instead of showing your very obvious lack of maturity and knowledge why dont you back up your two claims.

Come on....

Frederick

Staff member
How about you use your f**king eyes before you start calling people idiots?
Captain_Fred said:
For all we know, our small forwards may not only match it with the Broncos, they could outclass them all over the field.
There, have I made it clear enough for you?

Also, I dragged that out because you said that I'd made '1 idiotic post too many'. Going by your theory, then you should've f**ked off right after that brilliant 'Kangaroos-RU World Cup' idea of yours.

Yeah I wish I could be there.

And hey I've been proven wrong before, like you pointed out against the bulldogs RBK however like I said before we had 4 excellent props in the team now its only 2 which could really, really hurt.

And no Thaiday at the back isnt improving our chances not the Seage will let us down but he just doesnt have the talent with ball in hand that Thaiday does.

Captain_Fred said:
How about you use your f**king eyes before you start calling people idiots?

There, have I made it clear enough for you?

Also, I dragged that out because you said that I'd made '1 idiotic post too many'. Going by your theory, then you should've f**ked off right after that brilliant 'Kangaroos-RU World Cup' idea of yours.

Freddy you made the comparision you can die by the comparision my fine fellow.

And like I said big buddy you have nothing besides what I said 18 months ago in what was a rather silly idea.

Constantly you display your lack of understanding, and he if the truth hurts and upsets your delicate little self then just put your settings to ignore me ;-)

Cause you've just proven that you have a big fat zero to come back with and its way to late to admit that they were silly claims now.

Frederick

Staff member
WHAT f**kING COMPARISON???
f**king hell, it's akin to arguing with a 7 year old, mentally challenged chlid who's also deaf, blind and dumb.
Captain_Fred said:
So the game's played in your head, is it? None of us know what's going to happen until the game actually starts. For all we know, our small forwards may not only match it with the Broncos, they could outclass them all over the field. Whilst I'm not happy with Hages decision to only have one prop on the bench, it seemed to work last week, who's to say it wont work this week?
Now, tell me, genius, exactly what direct comparisons have I made there? Point out to me where I said that our pack is better than the Broncos pack. Tell me, where exactly did I say that Souths' pack was just as good as the Broncos?

antonius

Coach

That's nowhere near the team we've had all year, and certainly not the team that was carving early on. No Perry, no Tolar (prob our best benchie) no Reynoldson, no Thaiday. The bench is packed with lightweight justers. We'll lift against the Broncs we always do, but the bench could be improved. Saying it's the team we've been cleaning up with all year is just plain incorrect.

Team v the Dogs

1. Milton Thaiday
  2. Brian Carney
  3. Matthew Gidley
  4. George Carmont
  5. Anthony Quinn
  6. Kurt Gidley
  7. Andrew Johns (C)
  8. Craig Smith
  9. Danny Buderus
  10. Josh Perry
  11. Steve Simpson